ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

No targeting was the correct call because the crown of Harris’ helmet hit the ball carrier’s arm, not his body.

These announcers are painful to listen to. Phil Snow? And being shocked that Iowa elected to receive after winning the coin toss tells me they haven’t watched an Iowa football game in the past 25 years.
That pbp announcer was awful. Where did he come up with Phil Snow? And he can't pronounce the name Kaleb. Stupid....oh well, Hawks win again. Never had a doubt 😉

Edit: 'Noles watching Iowa football be like...
200w.gif

Last edited:
Which one? The targeting crown of the helmet to Iowa's punt returner's facemask? The constant defensive holding? The hometown clock operator?

Bottom line in honor of Lute: Hawks win!
on that post I was referring to that long throw over the middle where the Nebraska defender had the Iowa receiver’s shirt for a couple seconds.

I was rooting for you, but if I’m honest, it was pretty rough to watch.
No one said it'd be easy being a Hawk-a-Nole but thanks for your support...
Go Hawks! Turned on the TV just in time to see the back and forth turnovers and field goal... Congrats!
Damn, you missed all the foreplay? That's not like you... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: EasyHawk and torbee
As his career ended in a Husker uniform, the Nebraska-Iowa rivalry became real for Omar Brown.

Friday was the first time the Nebraska safety had experienced the Black Friday game as a starter. Brown, who finished with four tackles, called the game “real chippy” among the two teams.
“I can say now, I don’t like Iowa, I hate Iowa,” Brown said. “I’ll always say that for life. I hope Nebraska whoops Iowa every year. They were talking so much trash out there.”

A little more jawing after the game, too. NU coach Matt Rhule said “there’s a lot of chippiness in college football after the games now, way more than there used to be” between players and sometimes coaches.

“I thought the Iowa guys — a lot of guys came up and shook my hand,” Rhule said. “I know how much our guys wanted to win. Obviously we wanted to win.

13-10

As his career ended in a Husker uniform, the Nebraska-Iowa rivalry became real for Omar Brown.

Friday was the first time the Nebraska safety had experienced the Black Friday game as a starter. Brown, who finished with four tackles, called the game “real chippy” among the two teams.
“I can say now, I don’t like Iowa, I hate Iowa,” Brown said. “I’ll always say that for life. I hope Nebraska whoops Iowa every year. They were talking so much trash out there.

A little more jawing after the game, too. NU coach Matt Rhule said “there’s a lot of chippiness in college football after the games now, way more than there used to be” between players and sometimes coaches.

“I thought the Iowa guys — a lot of guys came up and shook my hand,” Rhule said. “I know how much our guys wanted to win. Obviously we wanted to win.

13-10
Soft.

Auntie, JVW’s sole issue is that brown people that speak other languages play soccer and that it’s taking over his precious baseball for popularity here now. He’s scared of a world that has left him behind. It’s as simple as that. I figured that out years ago. Let this miserable incel die off yapping with the other dinosaurs. His kind is nearly extinct.
i started getting into soccer a little last summer, and a lot this year. So i take any comments about how boring soccer is with a grain of salt because i thought the same way before i started actively watching it

Wasn’t around a tv to watch yesterdays hawkeye game so i cant comment on the entertainment value on that (but a text from a friend saying that he hopes im not “wasting my time watching this shit show” while im out of town tells me all i need to know), but i was enjoying the start of this Liverpool/Man City match this morning until Haaland just scored.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT