ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

How we feelin, boyz????
Season 2 Shrug GIF by The Lonely Island

Crazy thing is if Iowa had not laid an egg against Minnesota, they would legitimately be one upset win away from making the playoffs right now!

Thank you for not blaming the PR call. I keep seeing people saying "*11-1, thanks refs" and I want to scream. Their offense played like ass most of the season, and even worse that game, that's why they lost to Minny. Same as 3 of their losses last year.

With even with a bad offense, last year they win 11 games, win the B1G West, get blown out by Michigan and play in a better bowl game. This year the beat Minny and would be top 10 in the CFP.

i started getting into soccer a little last summer, and a lot this year. So i take any comments about how boring soccer is with a grain of salt because i thought the same way before i started actively watching it

Wasn’t around a tv to watch yesterdays hawkeye game so i cant comment on the entertainment value on that (but a text from a friend saying that he hopes im not “wasting my time watching this shit show” while im out of town tells me all i need to know), but i was enjoying the start of this Liverpool/Man City match this morning until Haaland just scored.
I really tried to watch soccer a few years ago around the world cup. I watched the better part of three games. It is not for me. It's boring.

I really tried to watch soccer a few years ago around the world cup. I watched the better part of three games. It is not for me. It's boring.
Boring is a perspective i guess.

I think iowa football is boring the last few years, but especially this season. I have only watched 2 complete games this year (iowa state and northwestern). Didn’t watch the last two games (on the road during the illinois game and was not near a tv during the nebraska game) and feel like i didn’t miss anything.

Boring is a perspective i guess.

I think iowa football is boring the last few years, but especially this season. I have only watched 2 complete games this year (iowa state and northwestern). Didn’t watch the last two games (on the road during the illinois game and was not near a tv during the nebraska game) and feel like i didn’t miss anything.

They are just so frustrating to watch. Every other team uses their offense to try to score. Iowa uses their offense to get into position to allow the punter to put the other team into a position to make a mistake that their defense can take advantage of.

They are just so frustrating to watch. Every other team uses their offense to try to score. Iowa uses their offense to get into position to allow the punter to put the other team into a position to make a mistake that their defense can take advantage of.
You think Iowa isn't trying to move the ball and score? 😅

Reactions: millah_22
You think Iowa isn't trying to move the ball and score? 😅

At times, no. There are times they are merely trying to get to Taylor and let the defense do something.

Given how other teams call plays in certain situations v how Iowa calls plays in the same situations, it's glaringly obvious. It's not every drive, or every play on a drive. But "minimize risk" is something inherent in KF's offensive philosophy and it's maddening.

Thank you for not blaming the PR call. I keep seeing people saying "*11-1, thanks refs" and I want to scream. Their offense played like ass most of the season, and even worse that game, that's why they lost to Minny. Same as 3 of their losses last year.

With even with a bad offense, last year they win 11 games, win the B1G West, get blown out by Michigan and play in a better bowl game. This year the beat Minny and would be top 10 in the CFP.
Two things can be true.

1. Hawks probably deserved to lose with the way they played.

2. It was a BS call and should have been a TD

DeJean played in small school Iowa and was under the radar. No one scouts A and 1-A football in Iowa.

This is the first time I’ve listened to Eddie and Dolph while watching with the tv on mute. Holy shit, I didn’t realize how bad Dolph is. On almost every play he gets the spot and the down and distance wrong by at least a yard. And at the end of the 1st quarter he stated that Iowa had 62 yards of total offense while Michigan had 35, when in fact it was the opposite.

Last edited:
Dolph just doubled down on his mistake by claiming Iowa had held Michigan to 42 yards.

Michigan was clearly the better team and deserved to win. But the replay review that gifted Michigan their second touchdown was inexplicably bad. Even if you think Hill's arm was not already moving forward when the ball was knocked loose, the whistle blew before Michigan recovered the ball. You cannot overturn the call on the field based on something that happened after the play was already blown dead. It was completely inexcusable to give the ball to Michigan.

I defiantly did not watch the kickball game and Iowa's game winning FG was more exciting than any soccer game I've never watched...ever. Disrespectfully agree to disagree...
Liverpool FC match today vs Fulham is more exciting than the hawkeye game in wrigley. liverpool getting the levelling goal at the 87th minute and the go ahead goal in the 88th to get a 4-3 win if the score holds in added time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT