ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

Michigan was clearly the better team and deserved to win. But the replay review that gifted Michigan their second touchdown was inexplicably bad. Even if you think Hill's arm was not already moving forward when the ball was knocked loose, the whistle blew before Michigan recovered the ball. You cannot overturn the call on the field based on something that happened after the play was already blown dead. It was completely inexcusable to give the ball to Michigan.
Brian Ferentz agrees.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
GIF by Golden Globes

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I defiantly did not watch the kickball game and Iowa's game winning FG was more exciting than any soccer game I've never watched...ever. Disrespectfully agree to disagree...
As much as i hated the result, the Arsenal v Luton Town match that just ended, was more entertaining than that Wrigley dump game against northwestern

Gonna save me a lot of time and not watch another men's game this year. Boring and terrible.
It’s the same team every year, but this year’s version doesn’t have an All-American level individual talent to capture my attention. There are going to be a lot of empty seats at Carver this year. Well, more than usual I suppose.

It’s the same team every year, but this year’s version doesn’t have an All-American level individual talent to capture my attention. There are going to be a lot of empty seats at Carver this year. Well, more than usual I suppose.
I watched the Creighton game and was like "oh they might be fine" but just kind of watching about 5 min of Purdue and 10 min of ISU, I just decided "f this"

I try not to be a fair weather fan, but there's just not enough time in the day to be wasting on that.

• Sad
Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Sorry to see people tuning out. The freshman class is one of the strongest Fran has ever brought in. Owen Freeman and Brock Harding are already super fun to watch and are barely scratching the surface of how good they can ultimately become. This will still end up being a good NCAA bubbleish team with a pretty good shot at making the tournament.

This December stretch was always going to be a tough one and I predicted 1-3 against Purdue, ISU and Michigan. I predict they still hit that and then start piling up some more wins as the schedule strength eases.

People overreact to basketball losses pretty badly, IMO.

Sorry to see people tuning out. The freshman class is one of the strongest Fran has ever brought in. Owen Freeman and Brock Harding are already super fun to watch and are barely scratching the surface of how good they can ultimately become. This will still end up being a good NCAA bubbleish team with a pretty good shot at making the tournament.

This December stretch was always going to be a tough one and I predicted 1-3 against Purdue, ISU and Michigan. I predict they still hit that and then start piling up some more wins as the schedule strength eases.

If they turn it around and make it worth watching I will.

25 point loss to ISU really makes me consider better things to do with my time.

Umm, Iowa will be lucky to be 1-2.

Yeah, I suppose the big question is can Iowa win a road game? To this point, they've played a tough noncon road/neutral schedule and haven't fared well.

I'm not sure what Fran was thinking last night starting Dix. Is Bowen in the doghouse? His rotations are horrible as usual. You said below Iowa is a bubble team and maybe they are. I've not paid any attention to what other B10 teams are doing so will check that out.

They have UM Sunday then 3 cupcakes after before Wisky in Madison. Maybe they can figure some things out.

I defiantly did not watch the kickball game and Iowa's game winning FG was more exciting than any soccer game I've never watched...ever. Disrespectfully agree to disagree...
The Crystal Palace v Liverpool match fhis morning was more exiciting than the hawkeye game in that dump of a baseball stadium, especially the last ten mins of regulation time and the early minutes of added time.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I think they'll handle Michigan at home.

People forget basketball is a long season and it's not like football - you can bounce back from a blowout much easier.

This is a rebuilding year, so not sure why people are so fired up.
You are correct, it's going to be a long season.

Has your prognostication changed after yesterday’s shitshow?
I will say they looked a lot worse up close in person than on TV, lol.

The frustrating thing is I think there is a fair amount of individual talent on the team - and I do REALLY like the freshmen class.

But there is something missing connection wise and teamwork wise, especially among the starters. And Patrick has seemingly regressed terribly. He just sort of floats around out there and is a non-factor on offense and defense - very, very disappointing.

Josh Dix and Payton Sandfort had horrible games yesterday - and Iowa is not going to beat anyone in the Big 10 if those two aren't making three pointers and putting up decent point totals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT