ADVERTISEMENT

It’s over for Biden

Carter was a one termer. Bush was. Same with Trump. That's 3 out of the last 8 presidents.
Yeah, all this talk about replacing Biden on the ticket at this stage of the game just aren’t realistic. There are various state guidelines on administering the election, so in like 17 states it would be an impossibility to even get another presidential Dem candidate on the ballot.

That’s nice but it doesn’t change the fact that he struggles to speak with a teleprompter and is completely lost without one.

I like Biden. He has been one of the best presidents in my lifetime. However he risks everything for all of us by staying in. He simply isn’t capable of doing the job going forward.

That’s nice but it doesn’t change the fact that he struggles to speak with a teleprompter and is completely lost without one.

I like Biden. He has been one of the best presidents in my lifetime. However he risks everything for all of us by staying in. He simply isn’t capable of doing the job going forward.
It's not happening so I get it I'm more concnernd then I was before but after a few deep breaths it's going to be OK. Stay the course.

Whelp. It’s his legacy. He will probably stay in and I would put odds of winning at 10-20 percent. There is a big chunk of demotivated democrats plus he pealed off potential undecided / independents from this debate. Now most of these people may just simply not vote, but in all those swing states he needs every vote.

If he loses, his legacy will be completely undone, especially if stories later leak of how people tried to get him to not go for second term and/or if he was declining fast this last year. A similar thing has happened to RBG who went from a left hero to now having her legacy massively tarnished because she chose to work until she died and not leave at the start of Obama’s second term, losing her seat. Very selfish behavior for people so so old IMHO

Whelp. It’s his legacy. He will probably stay in and I would put odds of winning at 10-20 percent. There is a big chunk of demotivated democrats plus he pealed off potential undecided / independents from this debate. Now most of these people may just simply not vote, but in all those swing states he needs every vote.

If he loses, his legacy will be completely undone, especially if stories later leak of how people tried to get him to leave or he was declining fast this last year. A similar thing has happened to RBG who went from a left hero to now having her legacy massively tarnished because she chose to work until she died and not leave at the start of Obama’s term, losing here seat.
He's going to win if all the chicken Littles wake up and get over a bad debate night and focus on everything else. I get it, I was concerned too but deep breaths and focus.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
He's going to win if all the chicken Littles wake up and get over a bad debate night and focus on everything else. I get it, I was concerned too but deep breaths and focus.
Bro it’s not a bad debate night. He should be pulling away from Trump. Age was already the only reason he was not and he amplified it and made it worse. Just watch the polls. He will be down 5-7 in a week everywhere.

Bro it’s not a bad debate night. He should be pulling away from Trump. Age was already the only reason he was not and he amplified it and made it worse. Just watch the polls. He will be down 5-7 in a week everywhere.
Don't agree at all. Trust me

You have been listening to the wrong pundits. It is not those of us politically involved enough to post shit on a random message board that is the concern.

It is the soccer moms in Arizona, college students in Wisconsin, never Trumper republicans in Las Vegas. Those are the folks that aren’t going to show up in November. They will sit it out if it’s Biden.

And as to the money/infrastructure? Do y’all really think the Democratic Party couldn’t rally to pull together a campaign for any of the other top Dems? Hell you could use the Biden campaign apparatus straight away. And money is a laughably small issue. There is plenty of money to run a a campaign in democratic circles.

All this “it’s too late”, “it’s too difficult” is fear mongering by team Biden.

It’s pathetic.

It’s not just a “bad debate night.” What’s he going to do, prep for 14 days next time?

You can’t fix what ails Biden. He’s not fit to serve. He’s becoming a punch line.

one of the best prez of your lifetime? were you born in 2020?

Reactions: chonk
It’s not just a “bad debate night.” What’s he going to do, prep for 14 days next time?

You can’t fix what ails Biden. He’s not fit to serve. He’s becoming a punch line.
Yep. Just look at our board moderates, even some die hard liberals. We all see it and a number of 2020 Biden voters have said they are going to sit out the election. Hell the most liberal Bernie bro I know told me this morning he was voting third party because he couldn’t stand the idea of voting for someone unfit to serve.

This is a disaster and the party establishment just wants to put its head in the sand. What they need is a very rapid, statistically significant poll in each swing state. I am quite certain those results will show Biden losing…then they need to get their shit together and put someone forward who can win.

Yep. Just look at our board moderates, even some die hard liberals. We all see it and a number of 2020 Biden voters have said they are going to sit out the election. Hell the most liberal Bernie bro I know told me this morning he was voting third party because he couldn’t stand the idea of voting for someone unfit to serve.

This is a disaster and the party establishment just wants to put its head in the sand. What they need is a very rapid, statistically significant poll in each swing state. I am quite certain those results will show Biden losing…then they need to get their shit together and put someone forward who can win.
let's face it: during the primaries leading up to 2020 , they ran bernie and booty and both those guys got wayyyyyy more votes than did biden. nobody wanted him then and he was a disaster then. and now. so they went to dallas and conspired to run biden then cuz I believe he's the best puppet who follows obama around like a puppy dog. bernie wouldn't do that. so they paid him off with a lake house and sent him on his way. booty got a position. obama ran the joint. behind the scenes. obama cannot keep it up any longer , the farse, with joe out there proving his old timer's disease is real. biden was a disaster prior to 2020, and now, and always. michelle might be a good choice but I don't think she wants it.

absolutely no problem at all. he did a great job before, then biden wrecked the country. America is hungry for trump to come in here, make the economy great, fix crime and the border. no problem.
Aside from the border, what the hell is wrong with the economy?

As of June 2024, the US economy is experiencing moderate growth. The real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) increased at an annual rate of 1.4% in the first quarter of 2024, following a 3.4% increase in the fourth quarter of 2023. This growth was driven by increases in consumer spending, housing investment, business investment, and state and local government spending, partially offset by a decrease in inventory investment and an increase in imports (BEA).

The unemployment rate has risen slightly to 4.0% as of May 2024, up from 3.9% in April (BLS.gov). Average hourly earnings have been increasing, with the latest figure at $34.91 (BLS.gov).

Inflation remains a concern, with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) reflecting ongoing price increases. Economic forecasts suggest continued but modest growth for the remainder of the year, with ongoing adjustments in various sectors.

I guess you're just not happy with moderate growth; you want "great" growth, so I I'll concede to your desires.

trump , if he starts winning, early on, some eastern states like jersey and NY and VA, penn, the snowball effect... this thing could be a blowout by 9pm on election nite. this is what the dems wish to not happen.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Aside from the border, what the hell is wrong with the economy?

As of June 2024, the US economy is experiencing moderate growth. The real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) increased at an annual rate of 1.4% in the first quarter of 2024, following a 3.4% increase in the fourth quarter of 2023. This growth was driven by increases in consumer spending, housing investment, business investment, and state and local government spending, partially offset by a decrease in inventory investment and an increase in imports (BEA).

The unemployment rate has risen slightly to 4.0% as of May 2024, up from 3.9% in April (BLS.gov). Average hourly earnings have been increasing, with the latest figure at $34.91 (BLS.gov).

Inflation remains a concern, with the Consumer Price Index (CPI) reflecting ongoing price increases. Economic forecasts suggest continued but modest growth for the remainder of the year, with ongoing adjustments in various sectors.

I guess you're just not happy with moderate growth; you want "great" growth, so I I'll concede to your desires.
I do not buy all those GDP numbers and jobs numbers at all. for 22 years I have run a courier company in austin texas. I haul goods. as a service. this is theeee worst it's been for goods , and people buying goods and services, since probably like 2008. when they do buy, it's a credit card. bad for the economy. nobody has cash money on hand, extras. for fun or to go out to eat, or antique shops, etc. now, covid had a lot to do with it but: the supply chain is still not fixed, the goods are still wayyyyy wayyyy overpriced. this economy is horrible, people are still making 16 an hour when they need 50 to survive. trucking companies, restaurants, big box tire shops... going out left right. out of business. plus biden has sent in ten million folks with their hands out, from across the border. houses too high , interest through the roof, gas too high. wifey, no pics, works in semiconductors. what a chinesium clust hunch!! this industry is a joke right now. unless you are china. I think trump goes in there and fixes it, says, "make that crap in america".

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
JFC dude. The only reason many people would vote for Biden now is to vote against Trump. That would still happen with a new and better candidate. Anyone is a better candidate.
I can agree with a lot of this {except I think trump is better than dems, but still} I think you may be correct about biden being done and they need new blood. I just think it may be too late.

You have been listening to the wrong pundits. It is not those of us politically involved enough to post shit on a random message board that is the concern.

It is the soccer moms in Arizona, college students in Wisconsin, never Trumper republicans in Las Vegas. Those are the folks that aren’t going to show up in November. They will sit it out if it’s Biden.

And as to the money/infrastructure? Do y’all really think the Democratic Party couldn’t rally to pull together a campaign for any of the other top Dems? Hell you could use the Biden campaign apparatus straight away. And money is a laughably small issue. There is plenty of money to run a a campaign in democratic circles.

All this “it’s too late”, “it’s too difficult” is fear mongering by team Biden.

It’s pathetic.
Spot on and on last part the right too is suddenly nay saying how impossible.. They don’t at all want a new shiny candidate either . That is the maddening thing-a ton of people will peal off of Trump. Biden to me has less than a 20 percent chance winning. A new team without Harris out of convention would get huge bump and Trump in his current state won’t be able to get that momentum away. They will be on TV every day, they will look like the winners (a surprising amount of people vote for who is likely to win). It would be landslide. That is the most maddening thing of all this. The options are 20% win barely (and MAGA never admitting) vs 80% win with ease (MAGA fades to dust)

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Spot on and on last part the right too is suddenly nay saying how impossible.. They don’t at all want a new shiny candidate either . That is the maddening thing-a ton of people will peal off of Trump. Biden to me has less than a 20 percent chance winning. A new team without Harris out of convention would get huge bump and Trump in his current state won’t be able to get that momentum away. They will be on TV every day, they will look like the winners (a surprising amount of people vote for who is likely to win). It would be landslide. That is the most maddening thing of all this. The options are 20% win barley vs 80% win with ease.
Biden has 0 percent chance of winning unless z Trump dies of natural causes before November.

Biden has 0 percent chance of winning unless z Trump dies of natural causes before November.

I think it stays at 0 because the R's will run somebody that's 1) not crazy, 2) more moderate than Trump and 3) not 80 years old. The adults left in the room on that side of the aisle will tap somebody like Larry Hogan

I do not buy all those GDP numbers and jobs numbers at all. for 22 years I have run a courier company in austin texas. I haul goods. as a service. this is theeee worst it's been for goods , and people buying goods and services, since probably like 2008. when they do buy, it's a credit card. bad for the economy. nobody has cash money on hand, extras. for fun or to go out to eat, or antique shops, etc. now, covid had a lot to do with it but: the supply chain is still not fixed, the goods are still wayyyyy wayyyy overpriced. this economy is horrible, people are still making 16 an hour when they need 50 to survive. trucking companies, restaurants, big box tire shops... going out left right. out of business. plus biden has sent in ten million folks with their hands out, from across the border. houses too high , interest through the roof, gas too high. wifey, no pics, works in semiconductors. what a chinesium clust hunch!! this industry is a joke right now. unless you are china. I think trump goes in there and fixes it, says, "make that crap in america".
"Nobody"?

If I'm being transparent, I have $26,002.02 in my general savings account and $18,027.37 in my CapitalOne 360 Emergency Savings Account. My only debt is my house. I am a single income family, given I have an AF Pension ($2k per month) which I guess counts as a 2nd income. I drive paid off Jeeps (2014 and 2016) and live comfortably in a 3,400sq ft home I built in 2014. I just got back from an 8-day cruise and have another trip planned for August. I'm not saying things aren't pricey, they are, but I don't spend my life trying to keep up with the Jones and will never accept a car payment is just part of life. We all have financial choices regardless of who the president is.

My poor teacher daughter is even figuring out how to make it work. She's got about $4k in savings and very small car note. She could pay it off, but would rather travel in the summer, so she has different priorities.

Now, my mom is dirt ass poor, but I'm blessed with stability, so I supplement her lack of income (at 77 YO).

Just don't say "nobody". It's a mix as always.

"Nobody"?

If I'm being transparent, I have $26,002.02 in my general savings account and $18,027.37 in my CapitalOne 360 Emergency Savings Account. My only debt is my house. I am a single income family, given I have an AF Pension ($2k per month) which I guess counts as a 2nd income. I drive paid off Jeeps (2014 and 2016) and live comfortably in a 3,400sq ft home I built in 2014. I just got back from an 8-day cruise and have another trip planned for August. I'm not saying things aren't pricey, they are, but I don't spend my life trying to keep up with the Jones and will never accept a car payment is just part of life. We all have financial choices regardless of who the president is.

My poor teacher daughter is even figuring out how to make it work. She's got about $4k in savings and very small car note. She could pay it off, but would rather travel in the summer, so she has different priorities.
ok, "nobody" is a generalization, sorry about that. less people have funds for going out to eat, buying antiques, having fun. how's that? less people now than when trump was in. that's a bet I am willing to make. there was expendable fun money with trump. I think we shall see it again soon.

Last edited:
I think it stays at 0 because the R's will run somebody that's 1) not crazy, 2) more moderate than Trump and 3) not 80 years old. The adults left in the room on that side of the aisle will tap somebody like Larry Hogan
probably DeSantis or somebody

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT