ADVERTISEMENT

John Deere strikers are nuts

I hate entitled uneducated losers. No one deserves what they are asking for to be an assembly line worker. I'm glad they F'd themselves.
JFC. And I thought libs had the annoying elitist attitude.

Kinda funny you still feel this way after a pandemic revealed to us with pretty solid clarity the importance of the exact type of worker you just described with such vitriol.

And last year's profits do not exist to pay a contract 3-4 years into the future
Yet they exist to keep paying the CEO's increased salary. That said, I don't think their healthcare demands are reasonable. As to the compensation aspect, I don't know their current compensation, how long since they've had a raise, etc to know whether it is reasonable or not.

Can Deere shift production or is each facility unique ?

pretty bold statement by Deere. At the very leas it will be several months now.
Not sure it means that. What it does mean is that Deere is aware of the 45% yes vote, so they only need another 6% to go their way and they would have a deal. I would guess this will be over before the end of the year. Spouses will start to put a bug in the ear of the strikers as the holidays approach, and Deere knows this. If needed the union can try to get one more minor change so another vote can be held, and the next time it will probably pass. My over/under is about another month, if I were a betting man.

JFC. And I thought libs had the annoying elitist attitude.

Kinda funny you still feel this way after a pandemic revealed to us with pretty solid clarity the importance of the exact type of worker you just described with such vitriol.
I fail to see how covid showed us we need people to stand and turn the same bolt every day. These jobs are soon to be extinct and these selfish uneducated scum are pushing it that way quicker. I know its hard for simple minds such as yours and theirs to think beyond 2 hours from now.

I think the union figures with the over all labor shortage, that they currently have a negotiating advantage. They may be right.

If those Deere jobs become available there won't be any shortage of labor to fill them,.. Other manufacturers will feel the pain...

Reactions: srams21
Yes but the decision-making processes don’t. Not that much. The general structure of things doesn’t change much, either. This is kinda why a CEO of a company like Deere can decide to become, say, the CEO of a different-industry company like, say, some hospitality industry company like maybe a hotel chain.
Decision making strategies are constantly evolving, but thats beside the point. The decisions to be made are ever evolving - thats the entire point. The only constant is that shareholders are always the priority.
There is no comparison to be made on any level.

I believe the hang up for the union is as part of this deal JD wants to eliminate the pension plan for new employees. Once they give that up they know the pension will never come back for future workers.

If I am the union I ask for a 7.5% 401k match to agree to eliminating the pension plan for new employees and move forward with the deal provided all the other items offered stay in place.

Reactions: Bearhawk0505
Yet they exist to keep paying the CEO's increased salary. That said, I don't think their healthcare demands are reasonable. As to the compensation aspect, I don't know their current compensation, how long since they've had a raise, etc to know whether it is reasonable or not.
The CEO's salary is not germane to the discussion at all. John May could give all of his salary and spread it among the strikers and they'd net an additional $490/yr

Assuming I'm lying because you can't accept that you're wrong shows just how much of a garbage human being you are which we all already knew.
Bub, we still need you for a few more years to stand on that line doing worthless work, then you can go off yourself.

As I stated earlier, in June/July, Waterloo JD had a job fair to try and fill open positions.

So I'm not sure there's that glut of available workers you think there is.
This has been well known for the past year in the CR/Waterloo area. Deere, who historically had piles of applicants for each open position, can’t even get people to apply, let alone fill some positions.

Deere had several "job fairs" at the Waterloo facilities back a few months ago. It is almost unheard of for Deere to be looking for labor.

The thing that's surprising to me is the Waterloo union votes were overwhelmingly against the contract proposal while most of the others were for approval or barely turned down. I'd love to hear the explanation of that? More rabid "anti mgmt" union leaders or something else?
I was told by Deere employees that newer hires or younger staff are primarily voting to approve the deal while more established/older employees are against it.

I’d take that bet. I’m sure there are some, but the vast majority almost assuredly vote Dem, just like in my union, and in most unions.
I can't speak for other locations, but the vast majority of the blue collar guys and gals here in the quads are big time Trumpers.

True story -- a photog friend of mine was shooting pics at one of the strike locations and one of Bernie Sanders' field operatives stopped by with about a half-dozen hot pizzas for them. They were marginally polite to him and thanked him, but after he left - in front of my photog friend and a reporter - they started mocking him for being a "commie" and a "fag". The reporter then asked if anyone affiliated with Trump's Iowa org had offered any solidarity or help and they got super pissed and SWORE they KNEW Trump was working behind the scenes to help them :rolleyes:

American politics is beyond broken and people are idiots.

Too many to count TNK... and i still have no idea what you're talking about
Impressive. You sure you aren't the dork that posted his wedding photos and you and your wife had hawkeye eye black on? Couldve been another dork with Bro in his name.

Impressive. You sure you aren't the dork that posted his wedding photos and you and your wife had hawkeye eye black on? Couldve been another dork with Bro in his name.
Different dork but thanks for thinking of me bub

I fail to see how covid showed us we need people to stand and turn the same bolt every day. These jobs are soon to be extinct and these selfish uneducated scum are pushing it that way quicker. I know its hard for simple minds such as yours and theirs to think beyond 2 hours from now.
Lol. Seriously, man, you’re not repping yourself very well, here.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Decision making strategies are constantly evolving, but thats beside the point. The decisions to be made are ever evolving - thats the entire point. The only constant is that shareholders are always the priority.
There is no comparison to be made on any level.
Do you not understand the purpose and value of comparison? Are you yet another goofball who conflates comparison with attempt-to-draw-equivalence?

Regardless, no, the decision matrices do not change all that much. There are market forces to consider, and while the forces are always in flux, the actual decision matrices remain pretty constant. Again, this is why the CEO of a construction company can be expected to be able to pivot to become the CEO of a hotel group.

Lol. It’s why folks like you think a “businessman” like Trump can pivot to become the “CEO” of a federal government.

But here you’re choosing to argue the opposite.

Do you not understand the purpose and value of comparison? Are you yet another goofball who conflates comparison with attempt-to-draw-equivalence?

Regardless, no, the decision matrices do not change all that much. There are market forces to consider, and while the forces are always in flux, the actual decision matrices remain pretty constant. Again, this is why the CEO of a construction company can be expected to be able to pivot to become the CEO of a hotel group.

Lol. It’s why folks like you think a “businessman” like Trump can pivot to become the “CEO” of a federal government.

But here you’re choosing to argue the opposite.
I do understand the value of comparisons, but they must be apt comparisons. There is no metaphorical bolt the CEO handles that compares, on any level, to a line worker's literal bolt.

Now, how (and why) on gods green earth did you introduce trump into the convo? Its nonsensical - I can't imagine being so obsessed with someone that I randomly shoe-horn in a name that has zero bearing on the discussion. Furthermore, id love to hear more about "folks like me"...what do you think you know about me?

Yahoo finance had a story about a Volvo factory in Virginia. Union voted No three times. Volvo said that was their last offer and implemented it. Union ended up ratifying the deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT