ADVERTISEMENT

just read a article about this falls team

karnack1955

HB MVP
Mar 26, 2023
tama county
in it Sanfort was named BT 6th MOY more accolades for the IA players

his younger Brother was named IA Mr. BB these were past IA Mr, BB
Uthoff started at Wisconsin and finished his career as a starter.
Jok started under Fran in a limited manner behind Marble.
JBO started under Fran
Weiskamp started under Fran
Gatens finished his career as a starter,

they started as FR and had excellent careers
Combined with the Illinois Mr. BB and Illinois POY in Harding, they have the bloodlines to be very good players when they step foot on the court in Carver.

JBO started under Fran

Combined with the Illinois Mr. BB and Illinois POY in Harding, they have the bloodlines to be very good players when they step foot on the court in Carver.

jok started exactly ZERO games as a freshman.

JBO started under Fran

What? Are you saying Uthoff, Jok, Bohannon, Wieskamp, and Gatens were all Iowan Mr Basketball? How did Jok win when his Sr year wasn't great, and most colleges had written him off due to injuries? Didn't Uthoff redshirt his 1st year at Wisconsin? Did he start as a RS freshman?

Jok had a outstnding SR in bb. the big boys took a wait and see, but Fran stuck by him and he committed to Fran because of that,
I stand corrected. Jok did have a good Sr year, and was Mr Basketball. He did not start his freshman year at Iowa. After refreshing my memory Uthoff redshirted 2 years (one at Wisky, and one at Iowa) before coming off the bench as a redshirt sophomore.

JBO started under Fran

With all these players returning, I'm not sure who should start. I think I'll go with ...
Mulvey
Uthoff
Pmac
Sanfort
Perkins

Jbo, Jok, and Weiskamp can come of the bench and fill things up. Krikke can spell Mulvey, Dembele can spell Uthoff, Bowen or Dix can take over for Perk.

Let the other frosh sit and learn, or RS.

Uthoff got screwed over by the Wiscy coach. after all the crying over getting that kid that flipped from IA eligble to get the BT to change their rules which they did. then Uthoff transferred to IA and crying Ryan went back to the BT Office crying again. again the BT gave in so Uthoff was allowed to transfer but he had to pay for his 1st year and sit out that year,

Uthoff ended up RS'ing his 1st year at IA. but in his 1st year playing for IA his stats looked like this
18.2 mpg
7.6 ppg
4.6 rpg
1.1 bpg
shooting 50% fg, 81.7% ft and 42.5% from 3 after not playing for 2 years. all because of crying Bo.

also players can only RS just once in their time in school.

Reactions: Bishop1971
With all these players returning, I'm not sure who should start. I think I'll go with ...
Mulvey
Uthoff
Pmac
Sanfort
Perkins

Jbo, Jok, and Weiskamp can come of the bench and fill things up. Krikke can spell Mulvey, Dembele can spell Uthoff, Bowen or Dix can take over for Perk.

Why are you mixing former players from years ago with this years group? You'd actually start Pmac over Joe W.? Seriously? The kid who shot 46% from three and averaged 16 pts and 7 boards a game and was all B1G his last year? And in what universe would Mulvey be your starting 5 if your going back using other players. I mean I truly hope he has a GREAT last three years as a Hawk, but the kids done NOTHING to be named a starter yet, unless we literally have no one else on the team over 6'5"...

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
Why are you mixing former players from years ago with this years group? You'd actually start Pmac over Joe W.? Seriously? The kid who shot 46% from three and averaged 16 pts and 7 boards a game and was all B1G his last year? And in what universe would Mulvey be your starting 5 if your going back using other players. I mean I truly hope he has a GREAT last three years as a Hawk, but the kids done NOTHING to be named a starter yet, unless we literally have no one else on the team over 6'5"...
Pretty sure he was joking

JBO started under Fran

What the fvck is a MOY you dipshit?

• Haha
Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
We giving up 95 ppg with that lineup, ouch.
I actually think we can match, or beat last years defensive average (80.1), if we have better depth at the 4/5, and the guards stay healthy. Last year we didn't have good depth behind Murray, and Rebraca, and the guard court was hit by the injury bug. This year we'll have less experience, but should have better depth. If Freeman, Dembele, or Braun are solid we should have better depth in the front court.

man-of-the-year-1995.jpeg

ahhh the spelling Gestapo is in force with this one.

as for why I listed the past players was to show what they did as FR. that was to show Fran knows what he is doing. there will be no drop off in the scoring. lets look at the scoring Fran will need to replace

Kris 20.2 ppg 7.9 rpg
Filip 14.1 ppg 7.5 rpg
Kris at 20+ ppg is the only major scoring threat that needs to be replaced
Filip was just a avg scorer.
the scorer 3-5 all return
Perkins 12.3 ppg 4.1 rpg and led the team in steals at 1.3 spg
Sanfort 10.3 ppg 4.1 rpg
Patrick 9.8 ppg 3.5 rpg

any one of these could replace Filip's #'s
after that the next scorer comes in at Bowen with 3.1 ppg. scoring will come from these
Brauns
Krikke

then the 4 FR. and JR Mulvey at 6'11 is the tallest listed player

Rebraca was 15th in the conference in scoring but was just an average scorer.

Amazing how stupid on person can be.

OP said on the football board he'd had a stroke which would make sense. I feel bad for being hard on him if that's the case

Reactions: GOHOX69
OP said on the football board he'd had a stroke which would make sense. I feel bad for being hard on him if that's the case

He's been banned from this site at least 4 times...TMB (due to a racist rant that was even too much for them to stomach) at least once...at some point he needs to stay away from the internet and realize it is him that is the issue, not everyone else.

Although it was great the time he posted his name and address on the football board and challenged people to come fight him.

ahhh the spelling Gestapo is in force with this one.

as for why I listed the past players was to show what they did as FR. that was to show Fran knows what he is doing. there will be no drop off in the scoring. lets look at the scoring Fran will need to replace

Kris 20.2 ppg 7.9 rpg
Filip 14.1 ppg 7.5 rpg
Kris at 20+ ppg is the only major scoring threat that needs to be replaced
Filip was just a avg scorer.
the scorer 3-5 all return
Perkins 12.3 ppg 4.1 rpg and led the team in steals at 1.3 spg
Sanfort 10.3 ppg 4.1 rpg
Patrick 9.8 ppg 3.5 rpg

any one of these could replace Filip's #'s
after that the next scorer comes in at Bowen with 3.1 ppg. scoring will come from these
Brauns
Krikke

then the 4 FR. and JR Mulvey at 6'11 is the tallest listed player

Jesus fvck quit listing JR Mulvey 6'11 he will never play quit fooling yourself

Mulvey
Uthoff
Pmac
Sanfort
Perkins

Why are you ignoring Petras? And what about Pemsyl, everyone’s whipping boy? Either of them should start in place of Uthoff. But you haters gotta hate, I guess.

I've been watching basketball way to many years to think that a Junior can't contribute. Especially when that Junior has the gifts Mulvey has. He can shoot, run the floor well, and is reasonably athletic. He has the size, and practiced against some really good bigs for the last two years. The game moved way to fast for him his freshman year, but I thought he looked ok, the few minutes we got to see him this year. Sometimes it takes kids longer for the game to slow down for them when they move to a different level. Maybe he could be a bust, but the Hawkeye fan in me still has a lot of hope for him. I think 15 minutes a game is a very realistic expectation.

what does Petras have to do with BB and Pemsyl graduated a few years ago. gee I am confused?
Why did you post about Fran on the football board?

You are finally right about one thing though......you are "confused". Not the word I would have used, but it will do.

Why did you post about Fran on the football board?

You are finally right about one thing though......you are "confused". Not the word I would have used, but it will do.
because I lost track of which board I was on. pretty simple actually, like you would NEVER EVER DO THAT.

because I lost track of which board I was on. pretty simple actually, like you would NEVER EVER DO THAT.
Not the first time you posted on the wrong board. And no, I've never done that.

Like cid said....most people would acknowledge it and ask it to be moved or deleted. You went so far as to DEFEND it.

I've been watching basketball way to many years to think that a Junior can't contribute. Especially when that Junior has the gifts Mulvey has. He can shoot, run the floor well, and is reasonably athletic. He has the size, and practiced against some really good bigs for the last two years. The game moved way to fast for him his freshman year, but I thought he looked ok, the few minutes we got to see him this year. Sometimes it takes kids longer for the game to slow down for them when they move to a different level. Maybe he could be a bust, but the Hawkeye fan in me still has a lot of hope for him. I think 15 minutes a game is a very realistic expectation.
I hope Fran gives him a chance to show that he can contribute. He's seen so little time on the court during the last 2 years that no one knows if he can succeed or not, and most on here believes he's a waste of time. I may be in the minority on here but he has the length that Iowa hasn't had for years. I'm rooting for him big time.

Reactions: Buffalo43
Not the first time you posted on the wrong board. And no, I've never done that.

Like cid said....most people would acknowledge it and ask it to be moved or deleted. You went so far as to DEFEND it.
then why are you posting in this thread since you hate it so much?

I wish this board had contributing posts instead of bashing other posters and players. It's the main reason I don't come here very often. Kind of gets old. I'd much rather come here to get information instead of reading attacks on those that post and players.

I wish this board had contributing posts instead of bashing other posters and players. It's the main reason I don't come here very often. Kind of gets old. I'd much rather come here to get information instead of reading attacks on those that post and players.
You get an amen from me on this. So much open hostility, it's disturbing.

Reactions: ObeseMuffins
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT