ADVERTISEMENT

Kemdawg

Pussies cats. That's a great name for a band.😆
Spencer still has to win that Olympic gold. Let's hope the heck his injuries are behind him.
@histone , I've never heard a bad word about Spencer except from Drake's mom. 😆
LOL, can you image someone having a cartoon with that name today?
FWIW Spencer said Kem was the team leader. Lee says of himself, that he is quiet and is more of a “lead by example” type, whereas Kem was the one talking everyone up.
I am thinking the Brands Brothers were mostly like Lee from what I understand?
People assume that since Gable and Sanderson have had great success a guy like Lee will. Not saying he won’t, but the best athletes aren’t always the best coaches .
I can see Ken being a good one.
You are right, but SL does seem to have many qualities that would indicate he could be a great coach. All the great things that it takes to be a great wrestlers. Plus the love and knowledge of the sport etc.... He also has been in the spotlight for almost his entire career so he knows how to handle that part of it.

No doubt KemDawg could also be great. It is a matter of is this something either one of them wants to do? It seemed to me more of a path that SL was considering more then Kem, but what do i know

Reactions: bourbon n blues

You are right, but SL does seem to have many qualities that would indicate he could be a great coach. All the great things that it takes to be a great wrestlers. Plus the love and knowledge of the sport etc.... He also has been in the spotlight for almost his entire career so he knows how to handle that part of it.

No doubt KemDawg could also be great. It is a matter of is this something either one of them wants to do? It seemed to me more of a path that SL was considering more then Kem, but what do i know

I agree Lee seems more likely to pursue coaching than Kem. There is a core of former wrestlers on Wall Street that love to hire wrestlers, resulting in seven and even eight figure incomes. Hard to pass that by.

As far as the Lee being similar to the Brands, I see him as polar opposites. I think their personalities, and even their approach to the sport, are as dissimilar as can be.

Love love love Kemmerer. Hate the fact he's not at HWC. It's well past time to get that figured out.
I agree... i assume there wasn't a spot on HWC since he wasn't going to compete. I also assume that if he wanted to come back, they would take him in a heart beat. just couldn't offer a spot they didnt have for a coach position. Now that he is competing changes everything... right?

I agree Lee seems more likely to pursue coaching than Kem. There is a core of former wrestlers on Wall Street that love to hire wrestlers, resulting in seven and even eight figure incomes. Hard to pass that by.

As far as the Lee being similar to the Brands, I see him as polar opposites. I think their personalities, and even their approach to the sport, are as dissimilar as can be.
Can you please pass my name to those on Wall Street : )

As for the Brands reference, I was more talking about a "leader by example" Not sure if the Brothers were very vocal? I could be 100% wrong?

Your point is??? Most Hawk fans knew very early in SL’s career he would be a good candidate. Most also know that AD could be in his future. Why dont you point out my statements when Kem was leaving for cornell you turd.
Whoever is getting the polls going, let's do this one too. Put me down for a no. Love watching him wrestle. Love having him in hwc to wrestle with the guys. Hard pass, paying him to be a coach.

Just wondering I do see great wrestlers doing well as coaches, maybe because wrestlers wrestle to be captain obvious. It would seem the strategy is similar since everyone plays the same position and because it's one on one. I didn't look at it that way until now.

Well then what the hell was your point? You all focus on Lord Spencer. I just happen to believe Kem would be a better candidate especially recruiting wise. That was my point YOU TURD...
In what world do you believe Kem would be more recognizable (ie recruiter - see Cael) than Lee? Cael was not hired because of his charming personality and being an overall great guy. He was hired because of his name and cred in the wrestling world which would make recruiting much easier for him than the average Joe. Kem may actually become a great coach - but recruiting is the key to dominance and Lee's name will carry far greater weight. Name recognition between the two is not and won't be near the same.

I agree... i assume there wasn't a spot on HWC since he wasn't going to compete. I also assume that if he wanted to come back, they would take him in a heart beat. just couldn't offer a spot they didnt have for a coach position. Now that he is competing changes everything... right?
Kem could have stayed with HWC in any role he wanted-- This was not a bitter or bad seperation. He made some choices for reasons that he felt were best in his personal and professional future.Hes a great guy,fantastic leader.

Kem could have stayed with HWC in any role he wanted-- This was not a bitter or bad seperation. He made some choices for reasons that he felt were best in his personal and professional future.Hes a great guy,fantastic leader.
For sure, I don't think I said that right,... or how I meant it LOL Im awful at articulating. I just meant, he couldn't stay for his own goals/HWC goals at the given time due to what he planned next for himself. He is going to compete again which changes everything!! HWC cant keep guys that aren't competing from what I understood?. I can think of nothing better than him coming back!!!!
Also, lots of people on here think CCun. at PSU is the best assistant option to exist for a name like Cael... id take that as Kem as the Cunn. to Lee's name and face of the program!!

<<HWC cant keep guys that aren't competing from what I understood?. I can think of nothing better than him coming back!!!!>>

For sure they can-- Sorensen is a great example and Dan Dennis is another.

<<HWC cant keep guys that aren't competing from what I understood?. I can think of nothing better than him coming back!!!!>>

For sure they can-- Sorensen is a great example and Dan Dennis is another.
But aren’t they coaches and that’s why?

Eight figure incomes? That is exceptionally rare for any one in any capacity in America. Now portfolio gains I get. But 8 figure incomes for wrestlers. That’s insanely crazy if true.

Eight figure incomes? That is exceptionally rare for any one in any capacity in America. Now portfolio gains I get. But 8 figure incomes for wrestlers. That’s insanely crazy if true.

I think this is what Art was referring to.

And that's what Glory is aiming for too,

Reactions: artradley
You may not be familiar with hedge funds? They typically charge a 2% management fee and keep 10-20% of the profit the fund makes.

I really didn’t start to follow Iowa wrestling until 2015 and that was sporadic at best. Then a couple years later I started watching all the duals and watching Kemdawg at 157.
I picked Kem to be my guy and my wife picked Bull.
We’re both searching for new guys. Probably Teske since he’s FD and Big Tony for my wife.
You are obviously a newbie or we would have pics of the wife.

SL‘s recruiting potential would be through the roof! Just like Gable, Brands, and Sanderson. Instant credibility when he would walk into a recruit’s home.

Reactions: Sett1997
Im not happy about how he went out and things he said, also I know I have said some bad things about him since the move but I still like him.
I honestly think he may hang them up soon based on his posts and his family life and such. He has already stated the pull to 57kg is extremely hard for him now, so I understand him at 61kg. Not sure he makes through the next cycle at 57.

The thing that stands out to me is most international tournaments like this that are not in the ranking series give a weight allowance. Not too often do they have to make scratch, so I doubt he would have had to make 57.
I think this might be his way of phasing himself out before Spencer hits the international scene. I like Thomas, but he doesn't want anything to do with Spencer. Spencer will beat him in a fashion that would be very hard for Gilman's ego to handle.

The thing that stands out to me is most international tournaments like this that are not in the ranking series give a weight allowance. Not too often do they have to make scratch, so I doubt he would have had to make 57.
I think this might be his way of phasing himself out before Spencer hits the international scene. I like Thomas, but he doesn't want anything to do with Spencer. Spencer will beat him in a fashion that would be very hard for Gilman's ego to handle.
This is not true. He's wrestled up at 61 kg before. It's the offseason. He's not as concerned about making weight and he might be the biggest 57 kg in the world. Gilman isn't afraid of Spencer. He's not afraid of anybody.

I do think his performance here has some implications for a future spencer match. He really struggles when you can match his power. He went to all of his usual positions and the japanese wrestler muscled through him all match and also looked way more athletic. I could see Spencer having similar results. My only concern would be his lungs.

This is not true. He's wrestled up at 61 kg before. It's the offseason. He's not as concerned about making weight and he might be the biggest 57 kg in the world. Gilman isn't afraid of Spencer. He's not afraid of anybody.

I do think his performance here has some implications for a future spencer match. He really struggles when you can match his power. He went to all of his usual positions and the japanese wrestler muscled through him all match and also looked way more athletic. I could see Spencer having similar results. My only concern would be his lungs.
I may be wrong but I don’t recall Gilman wrestling at 61kg before this tournament.

Reactions: T8KUDWN

Refresh my memory on when Thomas has competed internationally at 61 before. Maybe you are correct, I just don't remember it happening, in fact I don't believe he has.
I did not use the word "afraid". Thomas does not want to compete against Spencer, he knows what the outcome will be. He's not going to let the world watch Spencer dismantle him, which is exactly what will happen.

Refresh my memory on when Thomas has competed internationally at 61 before. Maybe you are correct, I just don't remember it happening, in fact I don't believe he has.
I did not use the word "afraid". Thomas does not want to compete against Spencer, he knows what the outcome will be. He's not going to let the world watch Spencer dismantle him, which is exactly what will happen.
He absolutely wants Spencer. He thinks he's going to win. You're nuts if you don't understand that.
I may be wrong but I don’t recall Gilman wrestling at 61kg before this tournament.
I think I may have been thinking about Ramos actually. Still, I highly doubt he's moving up to 61 to avoid Spencer. He's already in final x at 57. He'll be back down. This is a tune up.

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin
He absolutely wants Spencer. He thinks he's going to win. You're nuts if you don't understand that.

I think I may have been thinking about Ramos actually. Still, I highly doubt he's moving up to 61 to avoid Spencer. He's already in final x at 57. He'll be back down. This is a tune up.
Sorry, not looking to argue but you were wrong once and now you are wrong a second time. Sometimes I'm fortunate enough to be involved in certain conversations now and then. Thomas does not want to face Spencer in a match for God and everyone to see. He might "talk the talk" in interviews, but it's nothing more than talk. He knows....

Sorry, not looking to argue but you were wrong once and now you are wrong a second time. Sometimes I'm fortunate enough to be involved in certain conversations now and then. Thomas does not want to face Spencer in a match for God and everyone to see. He might "talk the talk" in interviews, but it's nothing more than talk. He knows....
To claim someone is wrong you have to have facts to prove it. You are insinuating you have first or second hand knowledge that Gilman has said he doesn’t want to wrestle Spencer in a public setting? Is this correct?

Reactions: js8793
To claim someone is wrong you have to have facts to prove it. You are insinuating you have first or second hand knowledge that Gilman has said he doesn’t want to wrestle Spencer in a public setting? Is this correct?
Yep, he would rather not.
I'm not looking to be hacking on Thomas. I like him, he's a good dude and great wrestler and loved watching him compete as a Hawkeye. He's great guy to talk with. Like I said Thomas knows and the loss to Spencer and the HWC would be a hard pill for him to swallow.

Yep, he would rather not.
I'm not looking to be hacking on Thomas. I like him, he's a good dude and great wrestler and loved watching him compete as a Hawkeye. He's great guy to talk with. Like I said Thomas knows and the loss to Spencer and the HWC would be a hard pill for him to swallow.
Whatever you want to tell yourself man. You want to do a WFL bet on what weight Gilman goes for this year and 2024?

He wrestled at 61kg against Cruz and Gross back when they were doing the RTC cards. Feel like there was another time but I’d have to go back and look
Yup, Spencers success will hinge on his lungs. Skill for skill, strength for strength, Spencer is better than Gilman. If he loses I could see it be like the earlier matches of DT vs Yazdani

Reactions: js8793
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT