ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet Reopens Recruiting

That isn't what they are saying at all. The message of the day is if Gable wishes to transfer to Iowa then things are as they should be and it is all good.
If however Gable wants to transfer to Penn State there should be a rule against such moves, Cael is an evil prick and that would be bullshyt.
Glad I could clear that up for you.

For such a f** bunch there is a high % of thin skinners.
We are Penn Saint.

Reactions: Grip220 and el dub
Your fan base embraced the pedophile acts. The whole country thinks pedophile whenever they see a Penn State fan. That isn't the case with MSU or OSU. Some come here to follow wrestling. You ped staters turn it into garbage if the Hawkeye fans don't tell you how great you are.
I must not be from this country then. I do not linger off the Sandusky thing. It was sickening and no body wants the type of thing to happen except some sick individuals. It could happen anywhere and if it does the people should be punished. Most of us think the people who are at PSU now did not condone it and are sickened by it. Now if someone hates PSU then sure that is what they will see. Like the saying goes - haters are gonna hate.

I must not be from this country then. I do not linger off the Sandusky thing. It was sickening and no body wants the type of thing to happen except some sick individuals. It could happen anywhere and if it does the people should be punished. Most of us think the people who are at PSU now did not condone it and are sickened by it. Now if someone hates PSU then sure that is what they will see. Like the saying goes - haters are gonna hate.

I have to agree with you there. Hating PSU is very similar to hating Germany for the Holocaust. A very bad thing happened at both places, but it isn't like the current regime supported it..........

Cael has bad mouthed other programs multiple times. Ask Suriano what he has said about Rutgers.
Another guy with the inside dope. A lot of them on the Rutgers baseball,lacrosse,cheer squad,chess/wrestling board. Is Suriano with you? Can I ask him now? I’ll check in later to see what you know that no one else does.

Last edited:
Another guy with the inside dope. A lot of them on the Rutgers baseball,lacrosse,cheer squad,chess/wrestling board. Is Suriano with you? Can I ask him now? I’ll check in later to see what you know that know one else does.

To help make sure he properly answers your request, how does one "know what know one else does?" ;):D

Reactions: danoftw
That isn't what they are saying at all. The message of the day is if Gable wishes to transfer to Iowa then things are as they should be and it is all good.
If however Gable wants to transfer to Penn State there should be a rule against such moves, Cael is an evil prick and that would be bullshyt.
Glad I could clear that up for you.
Most teams don't recruit #1 Heavyweights over a #2 Heavyweight because they have 9.9 scholarships. The funny money trail out east will catch up.

Reactions: MVPFAN and el dub
a-case-of-crisis-penn-state-child-sex-abuse-scandal-1-638.jpg
Uh-oh. Mom found those under your mattress?

Sure, when you invent very specific and favorable scenarios to fit your point, yeah, sure of course.

Let’s try a different scenario:

“Recruit, mom, dad, here is our vision, 2020 champions, 4 time AA, RTC and Olympics. We want you, we want your son, you are our guy.”

Next week in another home, “Recruit, mom, dad, here is our vision, 2020 champions, 4 time AA, RTC and Olympics. We want you, we want your son, you are our guy.”

Same weight, no concerns?

Sure, as already pointed out, realistically this type of recruiting gets out, recruits and parents hear about it, it influences their trust and decisions. Peoples’ question here is how it seems to work so well at just one place.

The rational majority here aren’t complaining if it’s, “I’ll be up front, we are hoping to bring in the best talent at all weights, iron sharpens iron and if you pull it off you’ll be well prepared for all levels.”

But if it’s the former, it’s a collective lie, because they can’t, using that invented scenario, envision multiple wrestlers at the same weight AA’ing. Are you really pretending Costello was told they believed he’d win an individual title if he came?

Your scenario was created only to demand people couldn’t disagee with you. No rational poster is saying a kid dreaming and begging to go to PSU shouldn’t be welcomed to do so.

I’d bet dollars to doughnuts you’d have a problem sitting on the couch hearing the above said to two top wrestlers at the same weight.

Well, first of all, can this not be a specific situation? You're absolutely sure it isn't one? And you didn't also describe a specific scenario?

Second, you described a recruiting pitch that is given by basically every coach in America in every sport. Do you really think Lee, Teasdale, Renteria and the CA kid weren't all given a pitch along the line you describe? Or that two running backs or two QBs in the same recruiting class don't get some level of the same pitch?

Please. You're either naive or lying to yourself.

If you feel compelled to bring up the Sandusky scandal as a way to “trash talk” the PSU wrestling program or its fan base you’re a genuine mouthbreathing dumb bastard and you’re embarrassing yourself, period. It’s not funny, clever, or even relevant when it comes to discussing wrestling.
. The fan base is a proven win at all costs base that will cover up anything in the name of winning. They will support a wrestling coach and program that cheats just as they did a football program that looked the other way. It is all relevant to the type of people they are.
I have DeSanto meeting Suriano in the Big Ten and NCAA finals.

Last edited:
. The fan base is a proven win at all costs base that will cover up anything in the name of winning. They will support a wrestling coach and program that cheats just as they did a football program that looked the other way. It is all relevant to the type of people they are.

Painting a pretty broad brush considering they have to number in the 7 figure range....................

I have DeSanto meeting Suriano in the Big Ten and NCAA finals.

I guess Gross, Micic, and Fix sitting out the year then?

Johnbrooks said:
Absolutely no talk or funny money. 100% by the book at PSU. Great staff and the kids are awesome. I’m a big Iowa fan, can’t love wrestling without appreciating the Hawks. The rivilry is great for the sport and keeps the fans engaged. We embrace competition in our house. Always have!

It's not news, or at least shouldn't be. It just doesn't fit the HR agenda. The "PSU is cheating" stuff has grown into urban legend on this board, without a scrap of real evidence to support the claim, sort of like people who believe the moon landings were faked. It's what people want to believe, perhaps because such rationalization makes them feel better, so they choose to believe it.

And by the way, you should add tOSU to the list of schools that must be cheating. Their recruiting is right there with that of PSU, or damn close.
Come on now Bruce. If we choose to see it walk as a duck, choose to hear "quack-quack" every time we hear another Penn State champ say the word "fun", well then by God it just has to be the duck we said it was.

Wow. A parent of a well respected wrestler comes to the board, gives first hand knowledge of a situation many of you speculate about and you Insinuate he’s a liar. Well done MSU
Let's be fair. MSU ain't exactly recognized for his huge intellect. He is kinda like that wrestlingwildcat dude. Still waiting for that first thrilling monent of when you actually get it right.

Most teams don't recruit #1 Heavyweights over a #2 Heavyweight because they have 9.9 scholarships. The funny money trail out east will catch up.
Geez dude. I tell you exactly what is being said and you still can't comprehend. No wonder you at best are a Rutgers alum want to be.

Let's be fair. MSU ain't exactly recognized for his huge intellect. He is kinda like that wrestlingwildcat dude. Still waiting for that first thrilling monent of when you actually get it right.

I love when my intellect is questioned by someone that uses "ain't" and "monent of when" to discredit me!

You, my friend, make us small intellect "dudes" truly aspire to reach your lofty level. Thanks for the motivation!!!

I love when my intellect is questioned by someone that uses "ain't" and "monent of when" to discredit me!

You, my friend, make us small intellect "dudes" truly aspire to reach your lofty level. Thanks for the motivation!!!
Glad I could help. Keep working, it will come together for ya. Figure out "ain't". Ain't hard.

Glad I could help. Keep working, it will come together for ya. Figure out "ain't". Ain't hard.

Oh, I know "ain't" very well. My trusty friends George and Charles made sure to Keep Noah's dreams alive all the way back in 1843. 175 years later, they are still the premiere source for researching the English language. Here is what they have to say on the matter:

Although widely disapproved as nonstandard, and more common in the habitual speech of the less educated, ain't is flourishing in American English.

I have probably only read anything on BWI maybe a half dozen times TOTAL. But, this thread had my ears burning so I had to check to see how much I was lambasted. To my surprise, it was minimal. However, I cannot honestly believe this guy is a moderator:

HotshoeModerator

New

It must be nice to live in your world, lol.
Here's a thought. Go back to your board and ask a simple question. This really shouldn't be hard. To all the ignorant big mouths there...Name one single charge of cover up that was prosecuted. Simply name it. If not, do us all a favor. Go back and clean up the utter ignorance. Then start talking about wrestling. Your's and their schtick is beyond old. In other words. Put up or shut up. See y'all on the mats this winter. Keep it at wrestling. It really shouldn't be that hard.

I have NEVER seen a moderator get so personally invested(short of it being a board he built literally for himself). Even then, to go on straight up attacks on posters?????

I have probably only read anything on BWI maybe a half dozen times TOTAL. But, this thread had my ears burning so I had to check to see how much I was lambasted. To my surprise, it was minimal. However, I cannot honestly believe this guy is a moderator:

HotshoeModerator

New

Here's a thought. Go back to your board and ask a simple question. This really shouldn't be hard. To all the ignorant big mouths there...Name one single charge of cover up that was prosecuted. Simply name it. If not, do us all a favor. Go back and clean up the utter ignorance. Then start talking about wrestling. Your's and their schtick is beyond old. In other words. Put up or shut up. See y'all on the mats this winter. Keep it at wrestling. It really shouldn't be that hard.

I have NEVER seen a moderator get so personally invested(short of it being a board he built literally for himself). Even then, to go on straight up attacks on posters?????
I've been getting beat on a little in that thread lol. Hanging in there. :) it's all good. There is always a few of those threads every off season.

I've been getting beat on a little in that thread lol. Hanging in there. :) it's all good. There is always a few of those threads every off season.

Yeah, anyone short of Mr. Anderson has no chance coming out on top with those odds!

If you think PSU fans are obnoxious now, wait until one of their boys has some international success. Right now they can only pump up Varner (ISU alum) being coached by Carl. If DT wins world's this board will be overrun by them.
That brings up an interesting point. For all their success in NCAA's, Carl hasn't really produced wrestlers who excel in freestyle. Kerkvleit has said he cares a lot about his freestyle future, so it would be odd to go there. Makes more sense to train with Snyder and Tervel than Varner and Carl.

Well, first of all, can this not be a specific situation? You're absolutely sure it isn't one? And you didn't also describe a specific scenario?

Second, you described a recruiting pitch that is given by basically every coach in America in every sport. Do you really think Lee, Teasdale, Renteria and the CA kid weren't all given a pitch along the line you describe? Or that two running backs or two QBs in the same recruiting class don't get some level of the same pitch?

Of course I did, that was the point. Yes, I sincerely doubt that “your my guy, 4 time AA” shill is given to multiple guys at each weight each year, especially when recruiting top-tens. I’m frankly surprised you’d believe otherwise.

To believe your claim, you’d have to believe Brands told Costello he’d be a four-timer/similar, you really think he said that to him?

If you think PSU fans are obnoxious now, wait until one of their boys has some international success. Right now they can only pump up Varner (ISU alum) being coached by Carl. If DT wins world's this board will be overrun by them.
That brings up an interesting point. For all their success in NCAA's, Carl hasn't really produced wrestlers who excel in freestyle. Kerkvleit has said he cares a lot about his freestyle future, so it would be odd to go there. Makes more sense to train with Snyder and Tervel than Varner and Carl.

Aren't we lucky two more weights opened up then because DT and Dake are making up for lost time.

HotshoeModerator

New

I’m still not quite sure what I did so horribly wrong on that thread. I was also told not to challenge a mod when I told him as a moderator of a message board, he should know better.

Reactions: HawkeyeEmpire
Of course I did, that was the point. Yes, I sincerely doubt that “your my guy, 4 time AA” shill is given to multiple guys at each weight each year, especially when recruiting top-tens. I’m frankly surprised you’d believe otherwise.

To believe your claim, you’d have to believe Brands told Costello he’d be a four-timer/similar, you really think he said that to him?

Maybe not that exactly but if you think they didn't tell Costello something along the lines of being confident that if he put the work in he could be a 3 year starter, you're kidding yourself. It would have been naive of Costello to think Iowa wouldn't recruit another HWT until he graduated.

Kerk is better than anything PSU has coming in. If Cael thinks it's the best allocation of whatever resources he has to add him to their team and upgrade the weight, that's his perogative. He made a decision on where to get better and executed--all this assuming that's where Kerk ends up of course. Whomever his competion is in the room is more than welcome to beat him out.

Honestly, you're either just kidding yourself or you are incredibly naive.

HotshoeModerator

New

hotshots is a major snowflake. Talks crap about other programs and bans people on her board. Her nights are spent polishing joe pa's statue junk.

hotshots is a major snowflake. Talks crap about other programs and bans people on her board. Her nights are spent polishing joe pa's statue junk.
So u have no idea what Cael told Suriano about Rutgers' wrestling. Gee whiz, what a shock. You can't even make up a lie.

Well some of them probably weren't because you couldn't talk scholarship money at the point of those commits correct?

That's a whole different animal when money comes into the equation, excusing all the multi-millionaires kids who wrestle at PSU of course.........

Maybe not that exactly but if you think they didn't tell Costello something along the lines of being confident that if he put the work in he could be a 3 year starter, you're kidding yourself. It would have been naive of Costello to think Iowa wouldn't recruit another HWT until he graduated.

Kerk is better than anything PSU has coming in. If Cael thinks it's the best allocation of whatever resources he has to add him to their team and upgrade the weight, that's his perogative. He made a decision on where to get better and executed--all this assuming that's where Kerk ends up of course. Whomever his competion is in the room is more than welcome to beat him out.

Honestly, you're either just kidding yourself or you are incredibly naive.

Wait, so now you truly are claiming you believe they told Costello he’d start? If he “put in the work.” You can’t be serious.

You are actually claiming the thing you think would be naive.

jschrantz... I have to say I completely agree with you.

I occasionally read some real cringeworthy stuff that, I can only imagine would be hard to stomach as a parent. I really enjoy the insights of some of the parents who have posted here, and admire the sense of humor and grace some regularly show (Papabearslim), but it must be difficult at times. I doubt I could do it very well.
Wait, so now you truly are claiming you believe they told Costello he’d start? If he “put in the work.” You can’t be serious.

Lol Between you and me, I think he’s been driving down the middle of the road as of late...

So you think they sat in his living room and told him they thought he would make a wonderful backup for 5 seasons? Please.

I find it quite surprising that a fan of wrestling in particular believes when an athlete at a certain level is recruited that his spot is guaranteed and no one better should be allowed to be recruited. It's mind blowing. How pissed are you going to be with the Brands' when Iowa has multiple top 100 recruits backing up guys their age or younger?

Reactions: pennsylvaniahawkeye
Well some of them probably weren't because you couldn't talk scholarship money at the point of those commits correct?

That's a whole different animal when money comes into the equation, excusing all the multi-millionaires kids who wrestle at PSU of course.........

More classic HR hater BS. So now it's no longer slush funds but rich parents? "All the Millionaires" ... Would that be the farmer Zain Retherford, or Jason Nolf from Kittanning otherwise known as the Beverly Hills of Pa, or Bo the son of the oil tycoon from Allen Tx.

One that does pop out is Larry Lee an Exec from one of the most prestigious Universities in the world Carnegie Mellon. Blessed with the financial wherewithall to move on to a lowly VP at some podunk college. I see your point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT