ADVERTISEMENT

Kris to G. League

EastIowaHawk

HR Heisman
Jan 6, 2008
Saw in the Dubuque paper this morning that Kris Murray has been moved to the G League. In last three games he has had 0, 0 and 5 points, i believe. Anybody know any details?

• Sad
Reactions: Hawksfor3
I feel like he has had trouble being assortative. But that entire roster kinda has that issue at the moment. Probably a lot of pieces in play to assist Lillard and with him being gone, they are trying to find the alpha. Keegan was passive last year too. G League will probably help him find his groove.

Saw in the Dubuque paper this morning that Kris Murray has been moved to the G League. In last three games he has had 0, 0 and 5 points, i believe. Anybody know any details?
Pro ball is hard and roster spots are slim......................................but at least they got dat money doe!!!! :D :D:D:D

Or he wants to have a discussion about it and not have The Narc spam the thread with Tweets.
I don't know the history of Fran but there is no way most of us would see all of these highlights if he didn't post them.
I know he takes the board and such very seriously but I appreciate the effort he puts in to post.
I like the highlights and info.

I don't know the history of Fran but there is no way most of us would see all of these highlights if he didn't post them.
I know he takes the board and such very seriously but I appreciate the effort he puts in to post.
I like the highlights and info.

Fran has a history of asking mods to delete threads that people start if he has already started one that topic...and the proceeds to start repetitive threads himself. He also constantly tags mods in an effort to tell on others for actions he deems a threat to his threads. The old mods admonished him for all the times he would message them complaining about threads people started. His threads are VERY important to him and he will protect them at all costs.

Portland team is garbage. Not like Keegan's situation where Keegan can hang out at 3pt line on offense and play good defense.

I think it was a great/smart move for Kris to take the guaranteed money while his draft stock was hot. However, in my non-expert opinion he's likely to be mostly a bench player in NBA. His game is limited to being only able to dribble drive and finish with his left hand. I don't see Kris's game being a lot better on offense than say a Joe Weiskamp who is mostly a g-league guy/part time NBA guy. I think Kris's defense was better than Weezy and Kris has more size and that gives Kris more NBA upside vs Weezy.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Fran has a history of asking mods to delete threads that people start if he has already started one that topic...and the proceeds to start repetitive threads himself. He also constantly tags mods in an effort to tell on others for actions he deems a threat to his threads. The old mods admonished him for all the times he would message them complaining about threads people started. His threads are VERY important to him and he will protect them at all costs.
So what? He provides great content. We all have our foibles.

Portland team is garbage. Not like Keegan's situation where Keegan can hang out at 3pt line on offense and play good defense.

I think it was a great/smart move for Kris to take the guaranteed money while his draft stock was hot. However, in my non-expert opinion he's likely to be mostly a bench player in NBA. His game is limited to being only able to dribble drive and finish with his left hand. I don't see Kris's game being a lot better on offense than say a Joe Weiskamp who is mostly a g-league guy/part time NBA guy. I think Kris's defense was better than Weezy and Kris has more size and that gives Kris more NBA upside vs Weezy.
Kris ceiling was always a 3 and D guy, which is what half the league is.

That means play switching defense and shoot 3s.

Which hand he finishes with is really not a factor because his skill set isn't such that any team would want him trying to create shots.

The NBA is far more specialized and they don't want average players trying to create offense when they akready have guys who are the best in the world at doing that.

Kris game is significantly different than Weiskamp because he can play in an NBA defensive scheme where Weiskamp is not nearly as well suited.

Despite what people who don't care for the NBA think defense is very important.

Reactions: Fan In Black
Keegan is significantly more skilled than Kris. Not sure why Portland selected him in the first round. I don't think this is surprising. I'm glad he got the guaranteed money and should definitely save his cash from the NBA.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Keegan is significantly more skilled than Kris. Not sure why Portland selected him in the first round. I don't think this is surprising. I'm glad he got the guaranteed money and should definitely save his cash from the NBA.
They selected him at the end of the first round.

He's doing about what you would expect someone selected that late to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT