*****Maryland vs Iowa Game Thread*****

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
6pm BTN
Iowa -5.5
O/U 151.5

Maryland (11-8, 3-5) comes to Iowa city one spot behind the hawks in the league standings and losers of last two games. Both teams are 6-4 in last 10 games.

Iowa has been better at home (8-2) and Maryland has struggled on the road (2-4). Although Maryland plays better defense and rebounds well.

I like hawks 83-75 tonight

If the game gets into the 150+ total range, that bodes really well for Iowa. Maryland simply does not have the horses for this to turn into a track meet. Against KenPom top 150 teams this year, Maryland is averaging about 62 ppg. Iowa is averaging 78 in those games.
Iowa defense will prevail.

• Wow
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Big game for momentum.
A win can put Hawks in a tie for 5th.
If we somehow got on one of those mid-season Fran-runs we could do damage the next 7 games.
Then we get wisky, Illini x2, @Nw...tough.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Everyone needs to be on task and hitting shots. If Patrick plays, he needs to step up his game also.
With Dembele out we need everyone to focus on rebounding all the time.

Reactions: Buffalo43
Everyone needs to be on task and hitting shots. If Patrick plays, he needs to step up his game also.
With Dembele out we need everyone to focus on rebounding all the time.
I didn't know Dembele was out. Is he injured?

Another big game for both teams, who both want to get invited to the dance. Maryland has a few very talented players, so Iowa will need to play well to win. Should be an interesting match up for Freeman, going against the Terp's center. Home court should help a lot.

I can't blame Patrick for how he plays, given his medical issues. He has some talent. I just wish his dad (and mom) would see that he could be more effective as a spark off the bench. I can't see how any of the starters over the past couple of games should sit down, so Patrick can start. They are still weak around the basket, but subbing Patrick definitely is not going to make that better.

I can't blame Patrick for how he plays, given his medical issues. He has some talent. I just wish his dad (and mom) would see that he could be more effective as a spark off the bench. I can't see how any of the starters over the past couple of games should sit down, so Patrick can start. They are still weak around the basket, but subbing Patrick definitely is not going to make that better.
True, but the biggest problem with starting Pmac is it causing players to shift into positions they just aren't suited for.....Starting Pmac and PS together creates issues as neither can play post defense and neither can really play on the perimeter, especially on defense...

I didn't know Dembele was out. Is he injured?

Another big game for both teams, who both want to get invited to the dance. Maryland has a few very talented players, so Iowa will need to play well to win. Should be an interesting match up for Freeman, going against the Terp's center. Home court should help a lot.
Gazette said he turned his ankle and was out this morning.

I think the fans should do the "You can't see me" for Mr Reese
Reese is extremely talented, and the match up with Freeman will be very important to the outcome, especially with Dembele out. We need Freeman on the court most of the game. Young is one of the better guards in the B1G, and I assume he and Tony will battle. It is usually good for Tony to have a challenge. Donta Scott is the other Terp I worry about. Seems like he has been playing for a decade. I am not sure who takes on that challenge, but without Dembele, I don't see a good alternative.

Terps have been lousy on the road for the last couple of years. We need that to continue.

Reese is extremely talented, and the match up with Freeman will be very important to the outcome, especially with Dembele out. We need Freeman on the court most of the game. Young is one of the better guards in the B1G, and I assume he and Tony will battle. It is usually good for Tony to have a challenge. Donta Scott is the other Terp I worry about. Seems like he has been playing for a decade. I am not sure who takes on that challenge, but without Dembele, I don't see a good alternative.

Terps have been lousy on the road for the last couple of years. We need that to continue.

Well that is true about missing Dembele for post defense. Only hope is Freeman stays out of foul trouble.

Maybe Krikke can outscore Dontae Scott, Krikke won't be doing it by lock down defense.

Ok. I’ll ask you: “Must” if we want what?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT