ADVERTISEMENT

*****Maryland vs Iowa Game Thread*****

That's why I haven't watched many men's games this year.

Just a bunch of gomer pile f*** deer in the headlights NIT caliber athletes making uninspiring fart noises.

Just f***ing fire everyone and get it over with. And I mean everyone associated with Iowa basketball right down to the people working the soft-serve stand. Get em the f*** out. All of them.

Last 5 minutes of the game....3:30 straight of basically no shots. Possession of the ball with about 1:30 remaining and Franbo just stands there courtside...... with his hands in his pockets........ and 3 timeouts. Waiting for??????????

Last 5 minutes of the game....3:30 straight of basically no shots. Possession of the ball with about 1:30 remaining and Franbo just stands there courtside...... with his hands in his pockets........ and 3 timeouts. Waiting for??????????
Somebody to make a shot?

Reactions: DEMGR
Only two younger players that are decent right now are Freeman and Dix with Dembele showing promise at times. Not sure why Harding got so many minutes towards the end of the second half, his shot is brutallly bad and too small on d.

I thought as small as he is and him being big time scorer in High School that shooting would be his forte....his 3pt shot looks awful. He is better defensively and passing than I thought, but when you are that small you have to be a great shooter. Too bad.

Freeman is fantastic. Dembele may develop into a good player. Jury is out on Hardings offense.

Sandfort....I expected him to step up his game...his turnovers on bad passes are lack of B ball IQ. Not making his 3pt shots....that is the one thing hes supposed to do. We don't need another Ogelsby.

Reactions: DewHawk
Partly due to Maryland guarding guys that struggle to get open for clean shots. They need someone like Young that creates his own shot and gets open on his own.

Reactions: DEMGR
If you need a defensive stop, Krikke and Payton should be the last guys you put on the floor.

I agree...and Fran has timeouts in his pocket....just sub for defense and for offense with timeout. His roster is too full of tall guys lacking muscle and effort and quickness on defense.

I couldn't tell if they were in man or zone the last possession with how everyone was just standing around.
Box and 1 with the ultra-quick, lockdown, Payton Sandfort on the one player everyone watching knew was going to take the ball to the rack for a shot or dish off - the latter not necessary because Young went to the rim unscathed!

14 turnovers and 3-14 from three. Ouchies. Michigan and Maryland are a bunch of bricklayers and you just can't lose to those teams at home.

Reactions: NI hawk
But he has an actual book on Amazon
ABLVV87mnXMSVhXBceAd9DEJ_kn1TbsyLplGPeyxZu4ZW7Y70AeQLWuzpgpLE2OQNfr-FgKnsPxeO5_VA6ucmYjNEEGNr5odBtahpntTFRZHhd4Ljc1fAY1EsObBbx0SKi7py_FOknx1cfACGmVmu97DtuEk1iXm9cyIlQfM6mma2ba4qZMkUc0awKy84VCIIKs1wUjWoBx2Gs4AbR4W-jNLBM_wKQKMKOMOz25tB9PmqivXosdlwlE7dJz1Hi1tSiRSL1x4NV786D1zIrSPcfLvYjCCoccHJuCUJtHweDRVvd8UQtmXm763PSl2tPt6NGkuMb7HnRULplEQNoTtfUFW7irXwxr9wAZMbNpnIPyMqae4q4ga6UQ0_-fXn9Uo_SWo_T-RILOnVw9qzMz02OebhCbVQBlBDs3igtinHTCMFoPZ3fsDK7uBd74MK_S_QO7amzIMarFgFWPUAlbmj6M01DA01rpPvxzhIwB7nVezr6jiKTV22pCVGAgqO-KSnS6tPVKmEhYuumgdyyCHe0NLtbQvPoITGNn0DHC23H3efNxUz9mI8ep6mnC6r2kobVm5o88mJ_7NcV-fShgmC2Jy_8_j-MG7RYEOaVKXOtQuQ_UuaMSEiUfK__jvCkOhmgdCdrMIi3qcNmel2f-038M2Fa630Z28DpLAQ20lOLAdYG47WgOotIcMcbCjUo5Luv5Z2O6ESK53U_mBQ7Y2A2XOiBGqv1JEVbkvgDiqegTrewNy7-dbaD2FnKLmmfEc7QHHm8vlYMFzGP-jt_82tbHEATIrljB7Ws6SwBMc5IwJQWr2WzJ6EtL2PuBYb6wlcW_Qa_w-9_Sz7MDa2d_5AP_mvvYpzWz2uLrk4dfkrcBNNYCl6Vemk7OeHXme2D_4YXaMxg=w714-h1012-s-no-gm
From the Amazon description...

Learn shell drills to improve your team's help defense and create confidence in your perimeter defenders
Prepare to face one of today's most popular offensive concepts - the ball screen

• Wow
Reactions: Hawksfor3
I think you just have to be overly physical in CBB to succeed. The refs will eventually swallow the whistle to keep the game going / even things out. His teams never do it.

Perk is the closest they have to that type of player. Freeman too. The rest are soft.

It’s the same gawddam movie every season. B10 Officials allow grabbing, holding, bumping, slapping to just go then when the boys hit the tourney the officials call every touch and dirty look. Rinse and repeat.

I thought the officiating was ridiculously lopsided tonight in particular and not in the favor of the home team.

It’s the same gawddam movie every season. B10 Officials allow grabbing, holding, bumping, slapping to just go then when the boys hit the tourney the officials call every touch and dirty look. Rinse and repeat.

I thought the officiating was ridiculously lopsided tonight in particular and not in the favor of the home team.
It depends on the crew you get for the tournament. I don't think tournament officiating has been a whole lot different than the regular season now for a while.

I thought as small as he is and him being big time scorer in High School that shooting would be his forte....his 3pt shot looks awful. He is better defensively and passing than I thought, but when you are that small you have to be a great shooter. Too bad.

Freeman is fantastic. Dembele may develop into a good player. Jury is out on Hardings offense.

Sandfort....I expected him to step up his game...his turnovers on bad passes are lack of B ball IQ. Not making his 3pt shots....that is the one thing hes supposed to do. We don't need another Ogelsby.
His offense is fine. Actually pretty good. He just needs pt. When you know a mistake isn’t going to dictate pt it’s easier to play.
No doubt he has some things to clean up but I’d be playing him 20+ min every game.
He’s still shooting 33% from three and his 2pt% is rough because he takes a lot of shot at the end of clocks because he has to.

So who's this "Fran McCaffery" who wrote the book about defense and when can we meet him - IE, see his team actually do that thing called 'defense'???

Otherwise, that is the funniest shit I've seen in a while.

Yeah, just don't get it. He was all world in high school and now at Iowa, he plays scared. Just not ready for prime time I guess...
Dribbled twice from the right wing to the left baseline in the final 8 minutes and accomplished nothing. Not sure what he was doing, but I guess it should be expected by now. Iowa has nothing set up when they need a bucket - all passing around the perimeter until the shot clock gets under 8 and someone tries to go 1 on 1...

They always seem to have the wrong guy shoot in critical situations.
Not sure there is a right guy unfortunately. TP is probably the only guy who can go get his shot on his own, and he's just decent from the perimeter. He can get in the lane and get a shot but they can clog the lane.

Freeman's foul trouble and his dumb freshman fouls for quick #4 and #5, which were legit calls, mostly determined the outcome. Our forwards (Krikke and Payton) had lousy games on both ends. Tony came to play and Dix did a great job holding down Young, who went off on anyone else. Sad how easily Young drove around Payton for an easy layup for the game winner. I don't see Payton as an NBA prospect, although some disagree.

That's why I haven't watched many men's games this year.

Just a bunch of gomer pile f*** deer in the headlights NIT caliber athletes making uninspiring fart noises.

Just f***ing fire everyone and get it over with. And I mean everyone associated with Iowa basketball right down to the people working the soft-serve stand. Get em the f*** out. All of them.
Gomer Pyle shines bright my Evil Monkey friend.

Last edited:
So given we lost to MD, even if we win out, we won’t be in the tournament?
That's not going to happen. When you look logically at the games they'll win and lose the rest of the way, the Michigan and Maryland losses are killers.

I'm not saying that to be pessimistic...I'm being a realist. Rebuilding year... I didn't think they'd make the tourney prior to the year. The 3 wins in a row in Big Ten play gave a little hope but the Maryland loss just makes a berth incredibly unlikely.

That's not going to happen. When you look logically at the games they'll win and lose the rest of the way, the Michigan and Maryland losses are killers.

I'm not saying that to be pessimistic...I'm being a realist. Rebuilding year... I didn't think they'd make the tourney prior to the year. The 3 wins in a row in Big Ten play gave a little hope but the Maryland loss just makes a berth incredibly unlikely.

:)

xRJatT.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT