ADVERTISEMENT

Kwood’s back!

Vallholl

HR Legend
Feb 2, 2013
Kwood’s back!

Missed you buddy. We can argue over semantics, you say “go into hibernation” others say, “court ordered vacation” but I know you are an international man of mystery and have been working a few contracts for the lone gunman.

Here’s what you missed:

1) Crazy lineup guy. Michael Kemerer.

I’ve spent a lot of time over the years trying to get other people to cut weight or gain to make the lineup. McDonough to 141?, Moore to 157?, & Grothus to 141? My ideas. Once I wrote, “I’ve spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get (Wrestler’s name) into the lineup” and the clear-headed response from someone like Pablo who actually knew more was, “Why?”. That being said, I’ve never dreamed up Kemerer to 174 and Young to 157. Never. The writing was on the wall, when the nanosecond the season ended, Gunther transferred to IL.

2) AM* Says, “Hold my Beer”

Speaking of crazy lineup ideas, I spent a large part of the spring worrying about 133. I had Happel making the cut or recruiting 138lb HS Senior to cut. All the time, Morningstar, Brands, and a true freshman responded with the transfers of DeSanto and Renteria. To which, I queried, “Would you rather have had Mejia and Teasdale for 4 years or DeSanto and Renteria for 3 years? I was asking rhetorically but some people took me seriously. I’ve very pleased with how the fates worked out on this. (BTW, when Spencer’s old enough to drink alcohol, I would assume he will drink mead. Beer is so pedestrian.)

3) Who shot Sam Stoll?

Well, it was either nobody, a teammate, or a continuation of last season’s plot line “How’s the rehab coming?” One of the teammates has a tattoo of a gun on this thigh, which was finally pointed out last week. It would be like if we find out Ca$h was raised by gorillas, thereby explaining the ink on his right pec. Seriously, though college athletes (or anyone), plus guns, plus possible alcohol is scary. I’m told that there are other athletes at Iowa with guns who brandish them after midnight and it worries me. (Don’t @ me with stuff about pro or con with regards to guns). I hope we can all agree that alcohol and guns do not mix (unless you’re Doc Holiday) but double seriously, don’t drink and gun.

batman-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

4) Gilman looks under his bed to make sure Spencer Lee isn’t there

If you need another reason to love Thomas, this summer he said on video that he "gets humbled wrestling against Spencer Freakin’ Lee". There is a lot to love in that sentence.

dancing-banana-warrior-smiley-emoticon.gif

5) The Wall that BWI is going to pay for.

Still waiting on that wall that we were promised. We did have a poster call out one of our NItLionROX posters for being two-faced. It’s always fun to have our friends from BWI stop by, say nice things, and then turn around and post about the cesspool over to the east. At least get a second user name. FWIW, @WWDDSM has been working on a trojan horse to keep our posts secret. The plan is to start threads that NittyKitties will never enter. Thread titles like “Bathing daily”, “Indoor plumbing”, “Brushing your teeth” will have little interest to the dark blue cat fans and will be a safe place for our secret convos.

6) Wrestling (Home) schedule stinks

Outside of home vs Rutgers and away at NW, it’s not a super good schedule. Nobody’s going to go to the home duals unless they are desperately intense wrestling fans and their mom needs them out of the basement to vacuum. (And I may or may not have been patronizing people for the “likes”.)

7) There’s more to write

But I didn’t miss you that much and someone doesn’t understand the consequences to actions, left the door open on the Highlander last night and the battery is dead, so I’ve got to put on my dad cape and save the day. Again. #Hero. #UncommonManDoingCommonThings

waving-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif

Thamks for the info..........

Good to be back.....even if it is only part time so far. Still crazy busy and so short of help this year. Too much going on and not enough time on the 24 hour cycle.

OBTW..... if you.... or SPOONER...... or Souci happen to accidentally get some...........kinda threatening emails from some non-English speaking persons who claim to be representatives of the Saudi Embassy.............

I would gently ignore such emails. Probably nothing...........
images

But I shoot straighter when I'm drinking...fact!!
That's why it's against the rules in shooting competitions to have one or two drinks before competing. Gives an advantage. Steadier hand and calmer nerves. Now, after going out to proving you can hang with the big dogs, not so much. :confused:

More stuff that Kwood may have missed:

8. Recruiting keeps improving. It's the Spencer Lee Effect.

9. The Penn Staters can't live with out us. They keep coming back to this board. We may have to start some Rutgers threads just to drive them away.

10. Wrestling for Life, GG's great nonprofit still needs money for shoes. He's enlisted Cowboyup to help, but it doesn't smell like orange here yet.

11. Bobby Telford is back with the staff, and will help Stoll and company kick some butt this year, if they don't shoot themselves in the leg, metaphorically speaking of course. ;)

Kwood is back. Oh rats. Now I have to play second fiddle in the insanity department again. :confused:

Kwood is back. Oh rats. Now I have to play second fiddle in the insanity department again. :confused:

To be sane in an insane world...........

You gotta be a little crazy............

You're not far off the pace...........

Hang in there........

You gotta chance.........
images

Moar Emojis!!!!!!!

After being recently released by the Saudi's........

close call...........whew........

And finding my way back home here....

I went to my favorite bookmarked page of emoji's and what to my suprise do I find but a note that says it was a good 12 years and we had fun....but we gone.........trying to make some moneyd for a change I guess. So I gotta start over...........

So after seeing how M* has upped his Game.........

Guess it's my turn...........
images

Gotta stand out from the crowd.........

Gotta earn it..........
images

No more Mr.Nice Guy............
images

Y'all been warned.......
images

@Kwoodhawk I recall the time that they took away our emojis and replaced them with the cartoon smiley faces. I was able to #cheatcodes work around. When I posted something brilliant with a dancing banana, you were fascinated and began posting emojis again.

Moral of the story, never give up. You can do this.

Reactions: Kwoodhawk
cowboy-smiley-face.jpg

Been thinking about it lately............gotta figure how to get the checkbook away from you know who. You talking GG or what?
Yes Sir. WFL has many more requests than $$$ right now. Every $ goes directly to help kids. Many ways to help (donate good used shoes, find a bunch on clearance and send them, or just the old send a check). The power of a small donation, multiplied many times, is unlimited to give kids a chance!

Yes Sir. WFL has many more requests than $$$ right now. Every $ goes directly to help kids. Many ways to help (donate good used shoes, find a bunch on clearance and send them, or just the old send a check). The power of a small donation, multiplied many times, is unlimited to give kids a chance!

OK found an old address for GG and put a check in the mail for tomorrow. 130 24th St.NE CR IA 52402. Let me know if address is wrong.
images

@Kwoodhawk I recall the time that they took away our emojis and replaced them with the cartoon smiley faces. I was able to #cheatcodes work around. When I posted something brilliant with a dancing banana, you were fascinated and began posting emojis again.

Moral of the story, never give up. You can do this.

You led the way. I am just a follower.........
images

You led the way. I am just a follower.........
images
I am just a dwarf standing on the shoulders of giants. @Kwoodhawk in the use of emojis to lighten the tension and / or backhand compliment and @redbirdhawk on the PBP.

I may be the "guy" on crazy lineups. I just haven't gotten around to it, but it involves a RS...

Actually, I think Lee should redshirt this year, esp since it would be easier for Cashman since 125 has conveniantly cleared out. Then, the loser at 133 should go and the the winner should redshirt. I thought Cass and Brands should grey shirt and Stoll should sit out long enough for a 6th year. All b/c I didn't think that Iowa could catch PSU this year. I'm still not sure Iowa can catch PSU but I'm interesting in seeing how it plays out.

PS. DeSanto can always cut down to 125 next year when Lee has his Olympic year. :)

Reactions: wasdt21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT