ADVERTISEMENT

Leading Cause Of Death For Cops For 3rd Year: Drumroll please....

You truly are an idiot and incapable
Do you know what "25%" is?

It's NOT this:

193632-blank-754.png

BUT IT'S NOT WHAT THE ATTENDANCE WAS.

Not.Even.Close

But, you still appear to be defending your little minion, Cletus, on here, that 2020-2021 was somehow "normal".

I was wrong about 20-21 being at %25, but there were fans. You said there was not.

I’ve never once defended him. Show me where I did?

Now, can you admit you were wrong?

The original point was that (winter) 2020-2021 was a "normal year".

I called your minion Cletus out on that. Do you AGREE with my point, or not?

Again, I have said things were not normal that year.

Just admit you made an incorrect statement, I know you can do it.

• Haha
Reactions: Gimmered
Again, I have said things were not normal that year.
Then inform Cletus this is the case.

NBA put a CAP on attendance, and people did not even want to attend up to that cap.
They attended MAYBE 1/4th or 1/5th of that allowable cap.

Ergo: SOMETHING WAS NOT NORMAL.

Then inform Cletus this is the case.

NBA put a CAP on attendance, and people did not even want to attend up to that cap.
They attended MAYBE 1/4th or 1/5th of that allowable cap.

Ergo: SOMETHING WAS NOT NORMAL.

I’m not talking to anyone else but you.

2020-2021 was not normal. Easy.

The 2020-2021 season had fans. You said there was not. YOU WERE WRONG.

It’s not a bad thing to admit you were wrong.

Best of luck, you win, I’m done with you and this conversation.

They weren't played in a bubble, were they?
Nope
wrong year,

But they were playing to crowds around 5% of typical.
NOT "normal year". And despite being allowed to attend at 25% capacity, they were nowhere near that, either.

Which is completely NOT normal. People DID NOT go out that winter and behave normally, which is what you've posted for pages here.

People were partaking in normal behaviors 2 years ago

MOST were NOT. That's why NBA games had barely 5% normal attendance, when they could have had 5x that number.

People like Herman Cain "behaved normally"; it's the internet gives out Herman Cain Awards now....

MOST were NOT. That's why NBA games had barely 5% normal attendance, when they could have had 5x that number.

People like Herman Cain "behaved normally"; it's the internet gives out Herman Cain Awards now....
Like I said, don't conflate policy with desire.

Like I said, don't conflate policy with desire.

What "desire" was there to attend sporting events, when they didn't come within 1/3 of the approved capacity? NBA stadiums were nowhere near their "25%". Those links are posted for you.

What "desire" was there to attend sporting events, when they didn't come within 1/3 of the approved capacity? NBA stadiums were nowhere near their "25%". Those links are posted for you.
There were testing and/or vaccination requirements for admittance, correct? Policy dictating behavior. (Or are you going to tell us there was no reluctancy to do those either now?)
Seems you've found the hill you want to die on, so how's about you quantify for us how many people make NBA game attendance part of their "normal behavior routine"... Want to bet it's nowhere near the number that attend parties, weddings, meetings, go shopping, etc? Even you can't be that dense.

Another example of policies dictating desires & behaviors.
No; it's demonstrating to you that people DID NOT WANT to attend events in droves that winter, when 4000 people a day were dying from Covid, and hospital ICUs were overwhelmed with patients.

You continue to ignore the realities of that winter. Either you are gaslighting here, or you've been gaslit.

No; it's demonstrating to you that people DID NOT WANT to attend events in droves that winter, when 4000 people a day were dying from Covid, and hospital ICUs were overwhelmed with patients.

You continue to ignore the realities of that winter. Either you are gaslighting here, or you've been gaslit.
No, its not. Its an example of policies dictating behavior. But back to the point you keep ignoring: Since you're hellbent on using NBA attendance as the barometer for normalcy, why dont you quantify for us how many people make NBA game attendance part of their "normal behavior routine"... Want to bet it's nowhere near the number that attend parties, weddings, meetings, go shopping, etc? Even you can't be that dense.

And since we need to ask you everything at least 3x before it makes its way through that skull of yours, ill save us both some time and ask 3x right now:

Since you're hellbent on using NBA attendance as the barometer for normalcy, why dont you quantify for us how many people make NBA game attendance part of their "normal behavior routine"... Want to bet it's nowhere near the number that attend parties, weddings, meetings, go shopping, etc? Even you can't be that dense.

Since you're hellbent on using NBA attendance as the barometer for normalcy, why dont you quantify for us how many people make NBA game attendance part of their "normal behavior routine"... Want to bet it's nowhere near the number that attend parties, weddings, meetings, go shopping, etc? Even you can't be that dense.

No, its not. Its an example of policies dictating behavior.

Policy required 25% attendance limits

Those limits were not remotely met. Barely 25% of the 25% limit.
That behavior was dictated by the virus; not politics. 4000 people a day dying from it during that winter.

Policy required 25% attendance limits

Those limits were not remotely met. Barely 25% of the 25% limit.
That behavior was dictated by the virus; not politics. 4000 people a day dying from it during that winter.
Policy required a negative test and/or vax proof for admittance.

4th time: Since you're hellbent on using NBA attendance as the barometer for normalcy, why dont you quantify for us how many people make NBA game attendance part of their "normal behavior routine"... Want to bet it's nowhere near the number that attend parties, weddings, meetings, go shopping, etc? Even you can't be that dense.

So? They couldn't find more than a few hundred takers during that winter?
5th time: Since you're hellbent on using NBA attendance as the barometer for normalcy, why dont you quantify for us how many people make NBA game attendance part of their "normal behavior routine"... Want to bet it's nowhere near the number that attend parties, weddings, meetings, go shopping, etc? Even you can't be that dense.

5th time: Since you're hellbent on using NBA attendance as the barometer for normalcy
It's one example

AND, despite the ability to have 25% attendance, they barely cracked 5%.

You can go look at most of the "hospitality" industry during that timeframe, and find similar behaviors. NOT "normal", as per your contentions.

It's one example

AND, despite the ability to have 25% attendance, they barely cracked 5%.

You can go look at most of the "hospitality" industry during that timeframe, and find similar behaviors. NOT "normal", as per your contentions.
So you agree, it is a poor barometer - especially when compared to behaviors such as meeting attendance, weddings, birthdays, brick and mortar shopping, dining, etc. Glad we agree, but you'd save us both a lot of time if you didn't make me ask 5 times.

So you agree, it is a poor barometer
ONE EXAMPLE

How about the "hotel industry"...

From 2020:

The number of infections caused by the coronavirus grew quickly in October and November. Even more new cases are expected by the end of the year, as people gather indoors and travel for the holiday season and compliance with best practices to stop the spread is mixed. More than a million people per day traveled in the days before Thanksgiving. “It’s scary to see what the outcome of that travel spike will be,” says Freitag.
The percentage of hotel rooms occupied in fourth quarter of 2020 is expected to drop to 41.5 percent, according to CBRE Hotels Research. That’s down from 44.2 percent the quarter before.
“Short-term performance will remain challenged by travel restrictions and local market lockdowns,” says Kevin Davis, senior managing director for the Hotels & Hospitality Group in the New York City office of JLL.
So, hotel occupancies were anticipated to "drop" 44.2 percent from Q3 2020, to <42% occupancy. That's winter 2020; when you assert "everything was normal"...

And:

The U.S. hotel industry reported all-time lows in occupancy and revenue per available room (RevPAR), according to year-end 2020 data from STR.

In addition to historically low absolute levels in the aforementioned metrics, average daily rate (ADR) came in lower than any year since 2011. Year-over-year declines were the worst on record across the three key performance metrics.

Those are BOTH "2 years ago", when you claim "everyone was back to normal"

ONE EXAMPLE

How about the "hotel industry"...

From 2020:

The number of infections caused by the coronavirus grew quickly in October and November. Even more new cases are expected by the end of the year, as people gather indoors and travel for the holiday season and compliance with best practices to stop the spread is mixed. More than a million people per day traveled in the days before Thanksgiving. “It’s scary to see what the outcome of that travel spike will be,” says Freitag.
The percentage of hotel rooms occupied in fourth quarter of 2020 is expected to drop to 41.5 percent, according to CBRE Hotels Research. That’s down from 44.2 percent the quarter before.
“Short-term performance will remain challenged by travel restrictions and local market lockdowns,” says Kevin Davis, senior managing director for the Hotels & Hospitality Group in the New York City office of JLL.
So, hotel occupancies were anticipated to "drop" 44.2 percent from Q3 2020, to <42% occupancy. That's winter 2020; when you assert "everything was normal"...

And:

The U.S. hotel industry reported all-time lows in occupancy and revenue per available room (RevPAR), according to year-end 2020 data from STR.

In addition to historically low absolute levels in the aforementioned metrics, average daily rate (ADR) came in lower than any year since 2011. Year-over-year declines were the worst on record across the three key performance metrics.

Those are BOTH "2 years ago", when you claim "everyone was back to normal"
So you agree, it is a poor barometer - especially when compared to behaviors such as meeting attendance, weddings, birthdays, brick and mortar shopping, dining, etc. which you've conceded long ago were happening frequently - hence your time spent on this board bitching about other people (worry about yourself until you can grasp why texting & driving should not be condoned)
Why you can't grasp policy dictating behavior is mind boggling. Almost as mind boggling as the fact you're still arguing against yourself - go back and read what was written.
(PS "Year end data" from 2020 is over 2 yrs old)

So you agree, it is a poor barometer

No; it's ONE barometer. Already have pointed out to you that hotels had their highest vacancy rates during 2020 and that winter. Not recovering, until vaccine rollouts in the spring.

Quadrupling down on the stupid here, claiming "everything was normal" during winter 2020-2021 makes you look foolish.

No; it's ONE barometer.
No, it's not. Family gatherings are a barometer, meeting attendance is a barometer, shopping is a barometer.
Heavily regulated luxury experiences are not barometers (unless, of course, one is too daft and/or stubborn to admit they have zero idea what they're talking about....hmmm)

No, it's not.
Yes, it is "one barometer".

Now, you're shifting to just "family gatherings". Well, you can easily Google and find that travel was down, hotel bookings were down, etc etc etc.

Things picked up in Spring 2021. NOT during Winter 2020-2021. AFTER vaccines started being rolled out to more demographics.

I do find it funny to see Joe make a/a few small inaccurate claim/s and admit he was wrong, while the rest of you make horribly inaccurate claims and deny. Par for the course I guess. It's the exact reason why I don't bother trying to argue. Complete waste of energy.

Reactions: Joes Place
Now, you're shifting to just "family gatherings".
I've literally not changed my position once. If your reading comprehension is so poor, you can't grasp what's been said for several pages, that's not surprising, but it's a "you" issue.

I've literally not changed my position once.
And it's entirely wrong.

You've provided zero supporting evidence.

Meanwhile:
  • NFL and Superbowl were sparsely attended
  • NBA was ~6% of overall "normal" attendance levels
  • Hotel/hospitality industry was running at the same low levels thru Q12021 as they did all of 2020

So, you continue to gaslight here that "things were normal" 2 years ago. People did not resume "normal" activities until the vaccines were widely available, by Spring 2021.

And it's entirely wrong.
no, its not. Everything ive said people were doing they absolutely were.
Continue to use professional sports attendance as a barometer if you choose - you do seem to like to invent a narrative then argue with yourself about, but i never once made any claims about professional sports. I sure as hell attend a lot more weddings, funerals, parties, meetings, malls, shops, etc (i.e normal behaviors) than I attend professional sports games (and based on statistics, so does the majority of the population).

no, its not. Everything ive said people were doing they absolutely were.
No one has claimed there weren't "outliers".

Your claim was that things were "normal".
That is simply gaslighting. The first winter of Covid was far far from "normal".

You're getting close - now acknowledge professional sports attendance is an outlying behavior

But it's not.

Nor are hotels, etc. Those industries weren't remotely "normal" the first winter of Covid, and before vaccines were available. ONLY after vaccines came out, did people start to get back to "normal". And that was >2 yrs ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT