ADVERTISEMENT

Lol at the level of respect ISU gets nationally.

Because clown fans say so. Got it. Are you sure the Tournament committee looks at polls and uses wins against top 10-15 foes as a criteria? Does the committee know this? Are we sure the Texas Ten is as awesome as clown fans demand it is? I mean they went what 6-4 against the SEC over the weekend? Does that really scream dominant? To clown fans I’m sure it does.

Still seems to me that Texas Ten teams struggle to win when officials call the hack, grab, hold, reach or push fouls as written in the rule book.
You are incorrect. The Big 12 went 7-3. Yes that is dominant. The tourney committee of course looks at polls and outcomes of games vs certain opponents. They are human.

New poll is out. 6 of the top 15 teams are from the Big 12. Keep in mind there’s only 10 teams and they play each other twice. The conference is a meat grinder. Too bad this will be the last year.

You may want to compare resumes, as the tourney committee will do, before the big dance. We may very well get to the end of the regular season and Iowa’s best win will be against Iowa State while Iowa State will have multiple top 10 wins. The season is a body of work. EIU?
We can do better than compare resumes, we can settle it on the court.

I was getting a little nervous when you guys cut our lead under 40 points.

But luckily we held on to beat you by 38 points this this year!

We can do better than compare resumes, we can settle it on the court.

I was getting a little nervous when you guys cut our lead under 40 points.

But luckily we held on to beat you by 38 points this this year!
You may want to talk to the committee and the pollsters as no one seems to care other than hawk fans. How’s EIU’s resume, I wonder? They must be ranked by now with that huge win?

You may want to talk to the committee and the pollsters as no one seems to care other than hawk fans. How’s EIU’s resume, I wonder? They must be ranked by now with that huge win?
Oh it eats you up to lose by 40 points to big bro.

It must suck being the 2nd or maybe 3rd best team in the state.

Actually, I’m not sure that you guys could beat Drake or UNI. You wouldn’t if either game was on the road.

From what I've seen this season, there is very little difference between a top 10-15 team (Clones) and a top 30-40 team (Hawks) besides a few lucky breaks, like ISU got a break when Kris Murray missed that game.

Oh, wait a minute... The Hawkeyes dominated even without Kris. How is that even possible??!!?? 😂😂
The same way it's possible to lose to the #346 team on KenPom, at home. A single game doesn't mean anything.

Oh wow you are either mentally challenged or 10 years old. You’re just a bit off on the score. By like half. Explain how Iowa State is ranked 13 and Iowa is not even getting any votes? Not even getting votes? I’ll wait.

Oh it eats you up to lose by 40 points to big bro.

It must suck being the 2nd or maybe 3rd best team in the state.

Actually, I’m not sure that you guys could beat Drake or UNI. You wouldn’t if either game was on the road.

Honestly I can appreciate some good trash talk, but man this is weak sauce.

New poll is out. 6 of the top 15 teams are from the Big 12. Keep in mind there’s only 10 teams and they play each other twice. The conference is a meat grinder. Too bad this will be the last year.
So when has the Tournament Committee started using the polls? Better yet do they know this?

There are 363 D1 teams that count in the NET rankings. The committee is not watching every game. Not even close. There are not enough hours in the day. Since the committee is made up of humans, it’s just a hunch that they may peek at the Net and AP rankings as well as strength of schedules. Does anyone honestly think they don’t look at polls?

6 in the top 17 in the NET rankings, which we know they use
There are 363 D1 teams that count in the NET rankings. The committee is not watching every game. Not even close. There are not enough hours in the day. Since the committee is made up of humans, it’s just a hunch that they may peek at the Net and AP rankings as well as strength of schedules. Does anyone honestly think they don’t look at polls?
They do use the Net rankings but have often stated that don’t look at polls. In the past the selection committee has left teams out of the tournament even though they were ranked.

I don’t think the Texas ten will get more than 6-7 teams in the tournament and would be shocked if they get 6 of the top 17 seeds.

You may want to compare resumes, as the tourney committee will do, before the big dance. We may very well get to the end of the regular season and Iowa’s best win will be against Iowa State while Iowa State will have multiple top 10 wins. The season is a body of work. EIU?
This has to be a troll post with the stupidity displayed. "The season is a body of work" and then points to a single game? Wtf.

But yes, looking at resumes, Iowa's non-conference resume has more impressive wins than ISU's, so I look forward to the Committee looking at the entire body of work.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
You are incorrect. The Big 12 went 7-3. Yes that is dominant. The tourney committee of course looks at polls and outcomes of games vs certain opponents. They are human.
I didn’t pay a ton of attention but saw after the Tennessee beat down of Texas the score was flashed up as 4-4. Thus why I said 6-4.

This has to be a troll post with the stupidity displayed. "The season is a body of work" and then points to a single game? Wtf.

But yes, looking at resumes, Iowa's non-conference resume has more impressive wins than ISU's, so I look forward to the Committee looking at the entire body of work.
Body of work would include conference games also. Hard forIowa to build an impressive resume when week after week they played such crappy teams.

Yep, we've got a troll! The Big Ten looking at 8-10 teams in the Dance, so crappy.
Troll and clown fan really are one and the same. We must only see what clown fans want us to see. We can’t actually think for ourselves either we must accept each and every clown fan argument without using simple logic or things such as Ken Pom SOS. Nothing new for clown fans. They went on and on and on and on and on this past fall about how great the Texas Ten was and then the Bowl season hits and they go 2-7. Nope doesn’t count must ignore. Because if we accept how bad the Texas Ten did in post season then clown fans would have to admit how woefully they overestimated their worth just mere few months ago.

What’s weak about it? Name a division 1 team in state that you could beat on their home court.

You’ve already proven that you would lose by 40 at Carver.

So you don't think ISU can beat Drake or UNI on their home court? I mean I assume you could have brain damage, if so I apologize.

So you don't think ISU can beat Drake or UNI on their home court? I mean I assume you could have brain damage, if so I apologize.
If the officials call the game according to the rules I think Drake could beat isu. If they allow the grabbing, pushing, holding, reaching and hacking that isu calls defense then they not only would beat Drake but just about anyone else in the country.

Big 10 is IMO the 2nd best conference. I think they'll get a lot of teams in the dance. Problem is most of them aren't going to be great seeds so it's hard to advance.

And yeah, Iowa probably does have better noncon wins, 2-2 in Q1 games and ISU is 1-3. Fair point there.
This is a reasonable post, and I appreciate it. Iowa has a solid chance for that to be 3-2 in Q1, assuming Clemson (currently sitting at 18-4) slightly improves its Net. Of course, ISU continuing to play good ball helps the Hawks as well. Going to be a crazy February everywhere given the parity this year.

I mean, you won’t lose by 40.

But would you really be shocked if both of those schools beat you on their courts??

Hell, they both beat you regularly back when we all played each other.

Drake’s pretty solid this year & UNI has been playing pretty good since conference play started.

I mean, you won’t lose by 40.

But would you really be shocked if both of those schools beat you on their courts??

Hell, they both beat you regularly back when we all played each other.

Drake’s pretty solid this year & UNI has been playing pretty good since conference play started.

Would I be shocked if a college basketball team lost a true road game? Of course not.

Drake isn't bad, but let's be honest they aren't exactly good either.

UNI at 187 in the NET would be the worst loss for ISU since Florida A&M in 2019. It's not impossible to lose that game but it would be a very, very bad loss. They are "playing well" in conference play because the MVC is absolutely terrible. They are 8-4 in conference and 7 of those wins are Q4 wins.

Be nice and after the hammer comes down and your TV contract gets pared to the bone, we might let you play more of our conference so you can play on National TV.

Reactions: shudaddy
Be nice and after the hammer comes down and your TV contract gets pared to the bone, we might let you play more of our conference so you can play on National TV.
It has to suck for the fans of the #13 MBB team in the country that the Iowa Women’s team has more nationally televised games.

ESPN+ is where it is at.

This thread has become quite comical with hawk fans trying to defend their conference. It’s not even debatable what the best conference is this year. Looks like the money isn’t helping with quality of play much like it didn’t in football.

• Haha
Reactions: WadeLookingbill
It has to suck for the fans of the #13 MBB team in the country that the Iowa Women’s team has more nationally televised games.

ESPN+ is where it is at.
This is soooo true. Iowa women have been on way more than ISU men.

And on multiple stations to boot.

ESPN+ is where it is at.

You guys complain constantly about the start times for your games, and those ESPN+ games lead to some really great start times. You never get stuck missing the start of games because some dumb game is finishing up before yours if you're watching at home. Honestly I really like how this is going, but admittedly I really only care about things being good for me.

Reactions: EagleHawk
You guys complain constantly about the start times for your games, and those ESPN+ games lead to some really great start times. You never get stuck missing the start of games because some dumb game is finishing up before yours if you're watching at home. Honestly I really like how this is going, but admittedly I really only care about things being good for me.
Glad you like your start times.

Your games are just a rumor to the rest of America.

I did catch that Iowa vs terrible Nebraska woman’s game the other day though. It kind of made up for your game at Kansas not being on tv.

Nice to get to see bottom tier B1G women’s teams on national tv.

Reactions: shudaddy
I laugh at clown fans who think the Texas Ten and the clowns have a great TV package. When the Iowa Women have more National TV games than the isu Men’s team it shows just how much better the Big Ten is and the gap is getting wider not narrower. If you love this then great we are in agreement. If you don’t think that will have a negative impact on isu then again great. Bury your head in the sand and call it good.

Dude……claiming that having your games on ESPN+ is a good thing might be the most pathetic thing I’ve ever read.

Quite different to miss 2 starters from a top 10-15 team compared to a team hoping to make the tournament. Iowa State also has a tough stretch with 3 games in 7 days especially in the Big 12.
Its also quite different to miss 2 starters for one game and missing 2 of your best players for huge chunks of the season.

Give it up bozo and get off our boards.

This thread has become quite comical with hawk fans trying to defend their conference. It’s not even debatable what the best conference is this year. Looks like the money isn’t helping with quality of play much like it didn’t in football.
Baller conference there. I'm not pretending the bten is good, but if isu is a top b12 team it must not be that great

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT