ADVERTISEMENT

*****LSU vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

I hope they call the fouls even that's all I care about. AJ Ediger took a beating and didn't get the call My God.

whew

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Rebounding:
16 IOWA (1 Offensive)
23 LSU (7 Offensive)

Iowa couldn't shoot much better

7-16 (44%) from 3
10-18 (56%) from 2
17-34 (50%) overall

4-5 (80%) FTs

45 Points

• Wow
Reactions: Hawksfor3
I fully admit that I don't watch the women's game much - only for the big games like this - but God does LSU and their coach grate on every last nerve.

Oh, and even though they aren't quite as physical as LSU, the Hawk women could teach their men's counterpart quite a lot about defense.

College teams need to learn how to play for two shots for one with 40 seconds left, instead of running the clock down to 10 seconds.

Are you talking about our possession at the end of the half? Two for one there would have led to two very low-percentage shots. What we instead needed to do was not inbound the ball right away and let the game clock run down close to 30, then LSU does not get that last basket.

Rebounding:
16 IOWA (1 Offensive)
23 LSU (7 Offensive)

Iowa couldn't shoot much better

7-16 (44%) from 3
10-18 (56%) from 2
17-34 (50%) overall

4-5 (80%) FTs

45 Points
Ehhh, they left some very good looks out there.
Some good passes leading to open shots or layup opportunities with position that we didn't finish.

Who cares if we end up shooting 70% in the 2nd half. If they keep giving us open looks, FINISH!!!

I wish we had some more height to be better suited to battle their bigs. Wish we had Morrow in the transfer portal last year.

So stupid this is an Elite 8 game. Great first half. LSU looked tired at the end of the half. Need to keep running. They aren't defending Clark well at all. Hopefully she can get hot because she getting a lot of space in this game.
LSU's game plan was to let Clark score but hold the others from scoring.

If nothing else, it does look like the players are starting to have fun out there again.

Hopefully that leads to a more relaxed 2nd half or them just playing their game.

Reactions: spiderland
HS got hacked across the arm on the so-called block by Reese and nothing called.
Reese is a hack machine.

Both on that 'non-foul' block and the foul called block against Clark, where she supposedly hurt herself.... she is just swinging as hard as she can and hoping she gets a little bit of the ball.

And refs rewarded the first one by not calling the foul on her for hitting Stuelke in the process.

I really felt comfortable with O'Grady out there actually. She's a better matchup defensively and neutralized Reese. Yea, we give up the Hannah running but might be a good move if Reese is really hurting us down low in the second half.

Maybe think about O'Grady at the 5 and Hannah at the 4 versus Morrow if we're getting pounded down low.

Something to think about...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT