ADVERTISEMENT

Mcaffery Playing summer baseball in NY

Will get drafted ... book it

Connor turns 21 this summer, which makes him old enough to be eligible for the MLB draft that is currently underway. Most people who have played one year of college baseball aren't that old.

Like I said he will get drafted
tenor.gif

Yep I was wrong. Kid is a winner in my book. He made winning plays in hoops and will figure it out in baseball. I’m a huge fan of the kid he gives his all for this University and have nothing but respect for the kid. Very Very few kids can play two sports in college I’m trying to remember the last Hawk to do it at this level?

Last edited:
Yep I was wrong. Kid is a winner in my book. He made winning plays in hoops and will figure it out in baseball. I’m a huge fan of the kid he gives his all for this University and have nothing but respect for the kid. Very Very few kids can play two sports in college I’m trying to remember the last Hawk to do it at this level?
I'm still waiting for you to name the 4 or 5 games that you claim he won for the Hawkeyes. Your claim is totally bogus as is this current post from you. You have been called out. Produce or go into hibernation.

Reactions: TereanceLightyear
The Green Bay game made winning plays down the stretch to push the lead and finished with 11 points, UCONN he was the best player on the floor with 19 and 5, Iowa State showed great toughness and grit finished with 12 and 5 going 8-8 clutch free throws, his passing vs Illinois was a game that I recall I think he had close to ten assists , and I remember him having major roles in the wins against Northwestern and IU. Connor makes many and one passes that others on the team dont that lead to good shots for Weezy and JoBo. Just my opinion but I’m sure you will kill the kid and tell me he had nothing to do with those wins.

I'm still waiting for you to name the 4 or 5 games that you claim he won for the Hawkeyes. Your claim is totally bogus as is this current post from you. You have been called out. Produce or go into hibernation.

Those didn’t work for you

The Green Bay game made winning plays down the stretch to push the lead and finished with 11 points, UCONN he was the best player on the floor with 19 and 5, Iowa State showed great toughness and grit finished with 12 and 5 going 8-8 clutch free throws, his passing vs Illinois was a game that I recall I think he had close to ten assists , and I remember him having major roles in the wins against Northwestern and IU. Connor makes many and one passes that others on the team dont that lead to good shots for Weezy and JoBo. Just my opinion but I’m sure you will kill the kid and tell me he had nothing to do with those wins.
The Green Bay, UConn, Illinois, and ISU games were blow-outs. That leaves NW. He contributed but didn't "win" the game for Iowa. He didn't win any games for Iowa. He may become very good later; but, he has a long way to go. Right now, he is a nice bench player to give starters a needed rest now and then.

I agree that Connor has big holes in his game. That said, NW and @RU were won on elite level last second passes made by Connor. No, he did not make the shots, but the shots wouldn’t have been possible without his passes. Other games he made contributions that were essential. Examples? 2K Classic in which we learned he could handle pressure in traffic better than JB. Connor isn't Nic Baer. But he’s made essential contributions that aren’t in the stat sheet, like the Baer cage. Once again, he’s got big holes in his game. But he’s got big pluses too.

Finally someone seeing the game the way I do.... thank you.... Kid was a freshmen in charge of getting shots to guys that all want the ball. I think he did a great job for a frosh. If we did not have him we don’t go to tourney!

I agree that Connor has big holes in his game. That said, NW and @RU were won on elite level last second passes made by Connor. No, he did not make the shots, but the shots wouldn’t have been possible without his passes. Other games he made contributions that were essential. Examples? 2K Classic in which we learned he could handle pressure in traffic better than JB. Connor isn't Nic Baer. But he’s made essential contributions that aren’t in the stat sheet, like the Baer cage. Once again, he’s got big holes in his game. But he’s got big pluses too.
Rutgers elite level pass! LOLOLOL

Rutgers elite level pass! LOLOLOL

Elite level or not, I’m not sure the definition.

I do know that very few college players could hit their target the way CM did from 85’ away. You can LOL all you want, that’s not an easy pass by any means.

No one player on the Iowa team won or lost games for the Hawks. Not Wieskamp, not Cook or Moss or even Baer or Bohannon. As said above, Connor played a role in winning several games for the Hawks, just like the others.

IMO, CM would get a lot more praise from our fan base if his name wasn’t McCaffery.

Reactions: perryhawk

I do know that very few college players could hit their target the way CM did from 85’ away. You can LOL all you want, that’s not an easy pass by any means.

No one player on the Iowa team won or lost games for the Hawks. Not Wieskamp, not Cook or Moss or even Baer or Bohannon. As said above, Connor played a role in winning several games for the Hawks. IMO, CM would get a lot more praise from our fan base if his name wasn’t McCaffery.
He threw it towards one corner of the court. Not that hard to do. The real play was made on the tip pass. If you think connor made that pass to that exact spot knowing the tip was coming then I've got some muscatine ocean front property to sell you.

No one player on the Iowa team won or lost games for the Hawks. Not Wieskamp, not Cook or Moss or even Baer or Bohannon. As said above, Connor played a role in winning several games for the Hawks, just like the others.

IMO, CM would get a lot more praise from our fan base if his name wasn’t McCaffery.
And i couldn't care less what his last name is. He'd still be mediocre if his last name was smith.

He threw it towards one corner of the court. Not that hard to do. The real play was made on the tip pass. If you think connor made that pass to that exact spot knowing the tip was coming then I've got some muscatine ocean front property to sell you.

Just by chance Baer was standing right there and didn’t even have to move other than to jump.

Baer made a great play, as did Wieskamp. That’s why it’s a team game.

I don’t want any part of Muscatine you’re selling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT