ADVERTISEMENT

**** Men's NCAA Tournament ****

In what world would we extend his contract? Beth should be shown the door if she hands out another "Barta" extension.

I assume Fran and his agent will say Fran can't be competitive recruiting if new recruits don't know that he's going to be around for 4 more years. The recent coaching hires coming into B1G were getting salaries around $5-6 million and Fran is now something like 12th or so in coaching pay out of 14 teams. I think Fran an agent will make a big push to get Fran more money to put him closer to middle of pack in B1G coaching pay and an extension.

Hard to predict whether Fran gets an extension or not without knowing what Beth is thinking.

Deebler at OSU is getting $2.5 million with zero experience. Maybe OSU is starting to figure out that the way to success is based more on getting donors to donate for NIL instead of donors putting out cash to pay coaches more.

• Angry
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Illinois will end the cyclones little run.
Probably, they play 5 guys who can handle and shoot.

Isu won't be able to apply the ball presure they normally do.

Hawkins is perfectly capable of bringing the ball up from the 5 spot all day. Isu won't risk trying to pressure him with their guards and leave their bigs on an island to guard Shannon.

That is a generic comment....who will win? ISU defense or Illini offense?

I'll go with Illini, but Illini are a little bit weak in ball handling at the guard positions.
I gave my opinion right above.

Illinois wins because the way they are built will make isus defense less of a factor.

Hawkins is perfectly capable of bringing the ball up from the 5 spot all day. Isu won't risk trying to pressure him with their guards and leave their bigs on an island to guard Shannon.
I don’t like either team, but I’ll root for the Big 10 in this one.

Shannon is on a spectacular run the last few weeks. He has to be among the top 5 players in the tourny. He is just blitzing straight line to the rim from perimeter against a set defense.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Shannon is on a spectacular run the last few weeks. He has to be among the top 5 players in the tourny. He is just blitzing straight line to the rim from perimeter against a set defense.
He's outstanding player after week 1.

Did anyone watch the end of the Texas/Tennessee game? Tennessee was up by 4 with only a few seconds left. Texas had to go the length of the floor. The ONLY way Texas could tie the game was to make a three and get fouled. The game was over. What in the world was the Tennessee defender doing trying to block the last-second prayer three?!? No Tennessee player should have been anywhere near the Texas shooter.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Ball touched off NC State player’s pinky, but the Oakland player still had his hand on it when that happened and after the pinky released. Correct call.

Oakland player didn’t have possession on the “backcourt violation”. Good call.

Stop listening to the idiot announcers. They don’t know the rules of the game.

Oakland screwed this game away also.
thanks for this post, I had no idea about the ruling - you are right the announcers were clueless....although doesn't normally the ref explain the call to them on some thing like that (ie with the game in the balance)?

What a giant screw up by Oregon... Why not sub out your 60% FT shooter when you KNOW CREIGHTON is going to foul you.

LOL.

The players also seemed to not know that the ball had been handed to the inbounder.... 2 seconds went by before they tried to get open.

• Haha
Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Watching Creighton play makes me think there is no reason why Iowa can’t make runs in the Dance with the right coach…if Brock finds his shot he could be our Ashford…😎
Just need an Alexander, a Shirerman and a Kaulkbrenner.

We've had plenty of short white guys and that hasn't worked great.

Reactions: mikesright
Just need an Alexander, a Shirerman and a Kaulkbrenner.

We've had plenty of short white guys and that hasn't worked great.
Kallbrenner and Sheireman are probalby two of the best white B-ball players in nation. Alexander looked like NBA guy when they played us....did not have good game vs Oregon. Even with those 3 studs, Creighton didn't have a great season...they're weak on defense, seem like a Fran team with better white guys, better PG, better backup Center Ashcroft the shooter---yeah, he would be the type of player Fran would go for.

Oregon team wasn't very good in Pac12 play....they obviously put it together in their conference tourney .

Kallbrenner and Sheireman are probalby two of the best white B-ball players in nation. Alexander looked like NBA guy when they played us....did not have good game vs Oregon. Even with those 3 studs, Creighton didn't have a great season...they're weak on defense, seem like a Fran team with better white guys, better PG, better backup Center Ashcroft the shooter---yeah, he would be the type of player Fran would go for.

Oregon team wasn't very good in Pac12 play....they obviously put it together in their conference tourney .
My point was Creighton really isn't similar to what Iowa usually has in talent.

Kansas was clearly not that good this year, even using the excuse they played in the B12. They lost badly - at least - a few times during the season.

And going out bigly today.

dave-chappelle.gif
Kansas was 21-6 and a 2 seed on bracket matrix before their best player got hurt and sat out the post season.

Kansas was 21-6 and a 2 seed on bracket matrix before their best player got hurt and sat out the post season.
As an Iowa State fan, I’m not feeling too sorry for Kansas. Overseeded because of their early season accomplishments. Stumbled down the stretch.

Illinois’ ball handling is suspect, that’s actually where Iowa State has the advantage.

If they let them play Iowa State will have a good shot to win. If they are calling touch fouls ISU will likely lose because Illinois is just better offensively.

Illinois is 2-6 vs. teams in the top 20 of KenPom’s defensive ratings. It’ll probably be some kind of pick ‘em kind of game. We’ll see what happens but it should be a good one.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
It's embarrassing. Theres fans that will die without Iowa making the Sweet 16 or winning the Big 10.
Fortunate to have witnessed two Regular season Big Ten championships and witness 6 sweet 16's.
5 of the 8 teams currently in the sweet 16 played in their conference championship games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT