ADVERTISEMENT

MSeil & WWDM (& Don): New wager?

slushhead

HR All-American
Mar 10, 2014
As some may recall, I had a friendly wager with @MSeil and @WWDMHawkeye a while back regarding Hall vs. Kemerer, with proceeds to benefit either HWC or WFL. Unfortunately, that bet has to be shelved with Kemerer's season ending prematurely.

I don't want to leave WFL hanging, and in the spirit of a healthy rivalry, I'd like to keep things a little spicy . . . therefore, I am offering up a new wager.

Essentially the same terms, except the wrestlers are Cassar and Stoll, and I have the option of donating to WFL (rather than HWC) if I lose. That is:
• if Cassar wins every contested match vs. Stoll this season, regardless of type of victory, then Stoll's backers (maximum of two*) each donate $100 to WFL;
• if Stoll wins a single contested match vs. Cassar, regardless of type of victory, then I donate $200* to WFL (assuming two posters back Stoll);
• if the two wrestlers never face one another this season, then the winner of the bet is determined by which wrestler places higher at nationals -- provided that neither wrestler injury defaults or med forfeits prior to a determination of higher placement (i.e., if one wrestler is assured a higher placement before the other wrestler injury defaults or med forfeits a match, the bet still counts).

For Stoll's backers, I give right-of-first refusal** to @MSeil and @WWDMHawkeye as a courtesy, given our prior bet. Then it's first come, first served to replace them. Are you guys game?

* I will up the ante to 3 Stoll backers for $100 each (and I donate $300 w/ at least $100 of that total to HWC if I lose) if @DonHawkeye is one of the backers.

** I haven't seen @WWDMHawkeye here for a while, and so I'll set a deadline for a response (next Friday, 12/21, noon Central) before opening this up to other posters.

Go Wrestling!

Don got me fired up the other week with his comments about Cassar not being able to stay on the mat with Stoll.

When I'm not a slushhead, I'm a hothead.

Of course. a bunch of you guys probably think I'm a d**khead.
Yes, but many of us aren't foolish enough to take this bet given Stoll's history of injuries and limited starts this year. Let Don do it.

Reactions: el dub
Any takers on this wager?

I'll open this up to the following pairings:

• Marinelli - Joseph (terms as described in OP above; $200 max)

• DeSanto - RBY (head-to-head only; $200 max)

• Stoll - Cassar (terms as described in OP above; $200 max base, plus $100 if @DonHawkeye goes in)

Any takers on this wager?

I'll open this up to the following pairings:

• Marinelli - Joseph (terms as described in OP above; $200 max)

• DeSanto - RBY (head-to-head only; $200 max)

• Stoll - Cassar (terms as described in OP above; $200 max base, plus $100 if @DonHawkeye goes in)
Where is the upside for the hawks and hwc?

I think you need to build a hedge parlay where there is one from each match and in Marinelli/Joseph the $ go to hwc (similar to your still proposal) and with DeSanto/rby being winners choice to where the donation goes.

Where is the upside for the hawks and hwc?

I think you need to build a hedge parlay where there is one from each match and in Marinelli/Joseph the $ go to hwc (similar to your still proposal) and with DeSanto/rby being winners choice to where the donation goes.

Thanks for the "help", but the terms are fair, WFL benefits no matter what, and there is, indeed, a path for HWC to get some of the pie.

Thanks for the "help", but the terms are fair, WFL benefits no matter what, and there is, indeed, a path for HWC to get some of the pie.
Obviously it’s your bet but there doesn’t seem to be a particularly active market.

50% of the posters do not post 75-100 threads a year that have nothing to do with iowa
He's a troll but several on here still think he just wants to talk wrestling. A year or two ago he flooded the board with PSU threads. I would rather him than any of the penis state posters though.

As some may recall, I had a friendly wager with @MSeil and @WWDMHawkeye a while back regarding Hall vs. Kemerer, with proceeds to benefit either HWC or WFL. Unfortunately, that bet has to be shelved with Kemerer's season ending prematurely.

I don't want to leave WFL hanging, and in the spirit of a healthy rivalry, I'd like to keep things a little spicy . . . therefore, I am offering up a new wager.

Essentially the same terms, except the wrestlers are Cassar and Stoll, and I have the option of donating to WFL (rather than HWC) if I lose. That is:
• if Cassar wins every contested match vs. Stoll this season, regardless of type of victory, then Stoll's backers (maximum of two*) each donate $100 to WFL;
• if Stoll wins a single contested match vs. Cassar, regardless of type of victory, then I donate $200* to WFL (assuming two posters back Stoll);
• if the two wrestlers never face one another this season, then the winner of the bet is determined by which wrestler places higher at nationals -- provided that neither wrestler injury defaults or med forfeits prior to a determination of higher placement (i.e., if one wrestler is assured a higher placement before the other wrestler injury defaults or med forfeits a match, the bet still counts).

For Stoll's backers, I give right-of-first refusal** to @MSeil and @WWDMHawkeye as a courtesy, given our prior bet. Then it's first come, first served to replace them. Are you guys game?

* I will up the ante to 3 Stoll backers for $100 each (and I donate $300 w/ at least $100 of that total to HWC if I lose) if @DonHawkeye is one of the backers.

** I haven't seen @WWDMHawkeye here for a while, and so I'll set a deadline for a response (next Friday, 12/21, noon Central) before opening this up to other posters.

Go Wrestling!
That Stoll bet is a good one. I am more in debt than Kentucky Mudflap at an adult entertainment bar or I would take Stoll at least once.

Reactions: slushhead
Ill take Stoll on the mat with the kitchen sink
Pairings?
Hope Nick N. Is healthy at the Scuffle

Ill take Stoll on the mat with the kitchen sink
Pairings?
Hope Nick N. Is healthy at the Scuffle

Stoll-Cassar it is.

[By pairing, I meant the bet would be based on one of Stoll-Cassar, Marinelli-Joseph, or DeSanto-RBY.]

Some Hawk fans missed a great opportunity here. Nice wins by AD & AM over the weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT