ADVERTISEMENT

Murin Appreciation Thread

MSU158

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2014
Mad Max, will be wrestling his FOURTH career Round of 12 match. Lamer just pinned Gomez, so it is time for him to win one of those and NOT make history as the 1st to finish tied 9th all 4 times!

I know I said I will be cheering harder for Warner than anyone, but I think this match will get as much effort from me as I give Warner. All that hard work IS going to pay off tonight with an AA finish. Go Max!

Last edited:
Mad Max, will be wrestling his FOURTH career Round of 12 match. Lamer just pinned Gomez, so it is time for him to win one of those and NOT make history as the 1st to finished tied 9th all 4 times!

I know I said I will be cheering harder for Warner than anyone, but I think this match will get as much effort from me as I give Warner. All that hard work IS going to pay off tonight with an AA finish. Go Max!
I’ll second that! Finish the run you’re on Max!!

Angel was too scared to do the right thing. Max beat Yianni and you could tell on Yianni’s face he knew it.

Now come back and get on the medal stand, kid!!

Reactions: eb05 and MitchLL
As a PSU fan, I'm rooting for Murin tonight. He's a tough PA kid who deserves better than 4 near misses. Iowa has had plenty of disappointments so far and the team race is over, so I can root for Murin as an individual. I was rooting for him to beat Yianni. That would have been historic. So close.

Always hear alot of TnT cant develop or improve their wrestlers. Max Murin is the argument. He has got so much better over the years at every phase of college wrestling. So much more aggressive these past two years. It will make me very happy for him to AA and if he dont I will still remember the Mad Max as a great Hawk.

Always hear alot of TnT cant develop or improve their wrestlers. Max Murin is the argument. He has got so much better over the years at every phase of college wrestling. So much more aggressive these past two years. It will make me very happy for him to AA and if he dont I will still remember the Mad Max as a great Hawk.
Agree...he has always worked so hard. I sure hope he gets in done tonight. He was very close to the 2nd biggest upset in College Wrestling history.

Reactions: sdvike and Jrjt0518
max is a tough son of a gun. really hope he wins tonight to get over the hump. i thought the nf were very close against yianni. wish it would have been challenged but i get why it wasn’t. if max was the one on his back i have no doubt it’s getting called.

Reactions: Gobblin and sdvike
As I said on another thread, max is a fourth line hockey player, in the very best sense of that phrase b

Mad Max, will be wrestling his FOURTH career Round of 12 match. Lamer just pinned Gomez, so it is time for him to win one of those and NOT make history as the 1st to finish tied 9th all 4 times!

Actually if Phillipi loses to latona he will be the first 4 time round of 12 er

So glad you finally made the podium Max. It has to feel good to finally reach that goal after being so close each year and falling short. Nobody can ever say you lacked heart and grit. You represented the black and gold well. Congrats young man. I'm truly happy for you!

Max's quarterfinal loss to Yianni was nearly epic but great nonetheless.
I was hoping he'd win his final match in black & gold but unfortunately, Henson wrestled the best match of his tournament. Max showed a lot of heart and should be proud of finishing as an All American, closing out his career with marked improvement. That's what you hope to see from a senior. It's been a pleasure watching Max's progress over the years. Smart young man. Well spoken. He will succeed wherever life takes him.

Thank you for choosing to be a part of the Hawkeye family.

Congratulations! Best of luck in all you do...

Reactions: Inthecircle
He put the fear of god in Yianni, too. That was quite a third period Max wrestled against one of the greats.

That was actually the most exciting moments of the tournament, for me. It’s always amazing when a Hawkeye wins a scramble, but to have Max beat Yianni in a scramble - nearly putting him his back - was astonishing!

It had to be the most abandon with which I ever saw him wrestle.

Congrats to Max! being a PSU guy from Johnstown (no that that guy) I've been following his journey for years. He is a great kid, worked so hard and earned everything he has achieved. All American. I wish him all the best!
Thank you!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT