ADVERTISEMENT

Murray twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all sounds like a lot of whining over very little information, but I don't know anything. Sign me up for another Kenyon Murray, which is what the team has been missing along with a quick PG. We have hopefully corrected the guard problem, but still need to demonstrate the toughness needed to compete at a high level in the B1G.

Reactions: Stephen Hawk King
If Fran offers those kids a scholarship he should be fired on the spot. I have always been a Fran supporter, but having 4 open scholarships and filling them with zero players with other P5 offers is pathetic and is completely unacceptable.[/QUOTE}
You don't want a kid (Kris)named after Chris Street?

Yes. They played @ CR Prairie. A friend of mine is an Iowa HS ref and he saw them play several times. He said they are nice kids, but no way have B1G level skills or bodies. He thought UNI and the MVC might be a better fit for them.

I remember a poster here with a ref friend was also saying Jack Campbell was a better basketball prospect than Pat Mccaffery.

I take what a lot of HS refs say with a grain of salt. Most of them are just local schmos who took a certification class. Not recruiting experts.

By the way, Auburn was just in to see the Murray's and rumored to be going to offer them.

Yes. They played @ CR Prairie. A friend of mine is an Iowa HS ref and he saw them play several times. He said they are nice kids, but no way have B1G level skills or bodies. He thought UNI and the MVC might be a better fit for them.

From all indications I have seen (no inside info) this is going to happen....and I am skeptical, BUT I can see an example like this...I listened to Seneca Wallace on the radio the other day. His group in Dallas had George Kittle in for the preparation workouts they do to get people ready for the draft.....he said that he (Seneca) in no way saw this coming from Kittle in terms of his performance......I got the impression that although Seneca had seen him up close and personal (ran some of the workouts) that he saw the kind of performance that Kittle is now providing.....MAYBE this will be a similar situation?

Reactions: F5n5
From all indications I have seen (no inside info) this is going to happen....and I am skeptical, BUT I can see an example like this...I listened to Seneca Wallace on the radio the other day. His group in Dallas had George Kittle in for the preparation workouts they do to get people ready for the draft.....he said that he (Seneca) in no way saw this coming from Kittle in terms of his performance......I got the impression that although Seneca had seen him up close and personal (ran some of the workouts) that he saw the kind of performance that Kittle is now providing.....MAYBE this will be a similar situation?
Well, maybe Seneca's Clone bias was showing a little bit. Kittle is one of the top TE's in the NFL now.

Reactions: CarterHall
Well, maybe Seneca's Clone bias was showing a little bit. Kittle is one of the top TE's in the NFL now.
perryhawk didn't explain Seneca's comments very well. I heard it, was surprised, and then he was asked to explain, which he did.

I remember a poster here with a ref friend was also saying Jack Campbell was a better basketball prospect than Pat Mccaffery.

I take what a lot of HS refs say with a grain of salt. Most of them are just local schmos who took a certification class. Not recruiting experts.

By the way, Auburn was just in to see the Murray's and rumored to be going to offer them.
What kind of schmo are you? My ref friend has been at it 30+ years and knows legit D1 basketball talent when he sees it, or not.

The ref who commented about Jack Campbell was not my friend. 1 ref spouts off about Campbell being better than PM and you throw all ref opinions under the bus? You should work for CNN or the DNC.

They both have nice length and are decent shooters/ball handlers for their size but they aren't strong and physically assertive type of players at all and they would struggle in that role at the P5 level. I believe they both enrolled at IMG Academy in Florida to get an extra year of development and to try to drum up some D-1 offers. Last year I think they were looking at D-2 or JC ball if they wanted to play this year (I'm pretty sure at least one of the boys was offered by Truman State/Jeff Horner last year). I'm doubtful that Fran has suddenly decided that the Murray twins are at a B10 scholarship level considering that their prep basketball season isn't under way yet. I think their ceiling, unless their game and physicality blows up substantially, is mid-major to low level D-1 type programs.

I love how we have a cyclone troll who subscribes to the iowa premium board to get info and posts it on cyclone fanatic, only to use another handle to post the info as some sort of scoop on the iowa free board.

Get help man. We aren’t even in the same conference.

I love how we have a cyclone troll who subscribes to the iowa premium board to get info and posts it on cyclone fanatic, only to use another handle to post the info as some sort of scoop on the iowa free board.

Get help man. We aren’t even in the same conference.

I hope you are not talking about me. I posted this thread and I have no other handles and don’t have a premium membership. I’m going simply by what I heard and not on a message board. I also ask if any Hawkeye insiders had heard the same.

What kind of schmo are you? My ref friend has been at it 30+ years and knows legit D1 basketball talent when he sees it, or not.

The ref who commented about Jack Campbell was not my friend. 1 ref spouts off about Campbell being better than PM and you throw all ref opinions under the bus? You should work for CNN or the DNC.
/\
/\
Cytwins apparently has a brother

I trust Fran more than your ref friend. Auburn just visiting them appears to give that even more credibility.

Or Fox News or the Republicans or whatever else promotes extreme partisanship on both sides of the aisles that is ruining the country. Both the Republicans and Democrats that think like you obviously do are bunch of can’t think for themselves ignorant dunces.

Sorry there is my rant but get tired of these idiots on both sides try to turn a sports conversation into their forum for propaganda.

They both have nice length and are decent shooters/ball handlers for their size but they aren't strong and physically assertive type of players at all and they would struggle in that role at the P5 level. I believe they both enrolled at IMG Academy in Florida to get an extra year of development and to try to drum up some D-1 offers. Last year I think they were looking at D-2 or JC ball if they wanted to play this year (I'm pretty sure at least one of the boys was offered by Truman State/Jeff Horner last year). I'm doubtful that Fran has suddenly decided that the Murray twins are at a B10 scholarship level considering that their prep basketball season isn't under way yet. I think their ceiling, unless their game and physicality blows up substantially, is mid-major to low level D-1 type programs.

Agree with this from the games I saw (yes I’m not a scout or recruiting expert) but unless they improved a ton over the last 6 months, I would be shocked by this. They do have some tools and there is some potential - shooting, length, etc - but that is true there demeanor is very stoic and physically/athletically they had a long ways to go to be a Big Ten type of athlete. They aren’t like Baer at all in that Baer has such a great motor and instincts. At best, o can’t e vision these guys being anymore then role players as spot-up shooters.

Kenyon is one of my all time favorite players, so I am intrigued about his sons. To me, this doesn't seem much different than a son of another very good former player. They're kind of built like him, too.

And,if I remember correctly Dev Marble didn't have blue bloods knocking down his door. Tall, lanky, slight of build, good shooter. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
So going into 2020 Iowa is going to have 3 open scholarships if JBo doesn't redshirt this year. Have to think that some combination of Till/Connor/Patrick are coming off scholarship OR someone is expected to leave otherwise we have no room for any more recruits...

I trust Fran more than your ref friend. Auburn just visiting them appears to give that even more credibility.
So 2 offers other than mid-majors? That makes me feel so-o-o-o much better.:rolleyes:

You must have some major man-love for Bruce Pearl.

Reactions: gipes
You misunderstood me... when they're standing next to each other... they're not the same height.
? What you talkin 'bout Willis?
EHa0uH5WkAcR9Lm

Bonus: Fran did not have to hire Kenyon Murray to fill some administrative role in order to lure his two superstar kids to Iowa City.

But seriously, maybe its a good idea to forego sweeping conclusions about the twins basketball talents and potential until they finish a season at IMG. Their performances there will either validate and reinforce Fran's gamble or give fuel to his doubters (which it appears, is fairly substantial). The "fire on the spot" comments are ludicrous.

Maybe my eyes are whacked. #22 looks taller than his brother.
I agree that he might be slightly bigger but probably within a margin of error (+/- 1/2 inch). Anything could cause one to appear taller including shoes, hair, etc.

You either put stock in stars and offer lists or you trust the staff.

I think Fran and staff have earned some trust.

I'm sure they're talented, but if this means we whiffed on Foster, Sibley and Ogundele, that is extremely concerning. As of right now, the class is full.

Fran may still have something up his sleeve, so we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT