ADVERTISEMENT

Murray twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally love legacy players at Iowa and hopefully the Murray twins will be as tough as their father with better shooting skills. Some times we just have to have confidence in the coaching staff and hope they are right. If not, then eventually they will be seeking new employment. The twins will have another year to mature, so who knows, but hope for the best.

Reactions: And1Hawk
They both have nice length and are decent shooters/ball handlers for their size but they aren't strong and physically assertive type of players at all and they would struggle in that role at the P5 level. I believe they both enrolled at IMG Academy in Florida to get an extra year of development and to try to drum up some D-1 offers. Last year I think they were looking at D-2 or JC ball if they wanted to play this year (I'm pretty sure at least one of the boys was offered by Truman State/Jeff Horner last year). I'm doubtful that Fran has suddenly decided that the Murray twins are at a B10 scholarship level considering that their prep basketball season isn't under way yet. I think their ceiling, unless their game and physicality blows up substantially, is mid-major to low level D-1 type programs.

I think you're off base here. They are enrolled at DME not IMG but that's besides the point.

They have added about 20 pounds of muscle this offseason. They just recently played in a jamboree in Daytona and started attracting a lot of D1 interest, including Auburn. It's only a matter of time before other offers came.

The Sibley ship already sailed. Fran will still take a post.

The upside is good with these two. Their AAU coach from the Barnstormers said that Keegan has the best midrange jumper off the bounce he's ever coached. He said the only thing that was lacking was growing into their bodies. They appeared to have done that this past offseason.

I think you're off base here. They are enrolled at DME not IMG but that's besides the point.

They have added about 20 pounds of muscle this offseason. They just recently played in a jamboree in Daytona and started attracting a lot of D1 interest, including Auburn. It's only a matter of time before other offers came.

The upside is good with these two. Their AAU coach from the Barnstormers said that Keegan has the best midrange jumper off the bounce he's ever coached. He said the only thing that was lacking was growing into their bodies. They appeared to have done that this past offseason.

Is there a link on any of this Auburn interest? I keep seeing people say this.

It was reported by "the other" site's mods. I have the pay wall access for the other site and the mods reported it through conversation with their recruiting analyst.

Apparently this occurred following their recent jamboree.

Additionally Paul Biancardi, a recruiting expert nationally, tweeted about them a week or two ago saying they’re starting to get high major interest.

So what's your point? 34 % is not "great" by any standard or by any player. That is my point.

Jordan Bohannon, arguably the best 3 point shooter in Iowa Hawkeye history, shot 42.8% as a senior.

How could you possibly complain about 38%?

If you shot 120 threes in a season, that's a net difference of only 6 more makes over the season.

Sign me up for a 6'8" shooter at around 38%.

I hope you’re right and I based my earlier opinion on what I saw from them nearly a year ago in limited observation. They’re good players and it sounds like they’re getting better and bigger, all positives IMO. I appreciate the information you added to the thread and as an Iowa fan I’ll be pulling for them to be great Iowa guys someday.

Reactions: F5n5
Are the Murrays friends of Xavier's? If so, good recruits. If not, they really sound like walk on players. Zero recruiting profile. Obviously hoping for the best but unspectacular to say the least.

I might add the last time I heard a guy that knew basketball say a recruit was the best shooter they've seen referenced Brady Ellingson.

Edit: Just got a messenger from a friend & basketball OCD victim
"Teddy-u r full of shit about Murrays. Big and still growing. Great shooters. RS next year, 20 y/o freshmen. K's got good genes. D/n panic"

This link was attached

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...-kris-murray-commit-iowa-hawkeyes/4055485002/

Last edited:
Are the Murrays friends of Xavier's? If so, good recruits. If not, they really sound like walk on players. Zero recruiting profile. Obviously hoping for the best but unspectacular to say the least.

I might add the last time I heard a guy that knew basketball say a recruit was the best shooter they've seen referenced Brady Ellingson.

Stupid take. So now every good shooter is Ellingson? Completely different players. Ellingson wasn't 6'8" and the Murray's are better ball handlers and can score in the paint.

Blair just reported this in his article as well.

"Other schools were also poking around on the Murray twins. Auburn had been in touch."

So my final read of the night was these guys weren't sufficiently athletic for guards at 6'4" or 6'5" but have kept the quickness and grown three inches. Hence they are quick enough at 6'7" and 6'8" but have kept guard skills.

To be seen. Great story if true.

Reactions: perryhawk
I am fine taking the occasional flyer on kids like this, but you simply cannot compete in the Big Ten when your entire recruiting class consists of players with zero P5 offers. When you are this far into a coaching tenure, this type of recruiting class should not be acceptable.

Reactions: dekhawk
If Fran offers those kids a scholarship he should be fired on the spot. I have always been a Fran supporter, but having 4 open scholarships and filling them with zero players with other P5 offers is pathetic and is completely unacceptable.

This is when I look at fellow Iowa fans and say WHY??? All of those Big10 titles? All of those long NCAA runs? Those stellar recruiting classes?

If Fran offers those kids a scholarship he should be fired on the spot. I have always been a Fran supporter, but having 4 open scholarships and filling them with zero players with other P5 offers is pathetic and is completely unacceptable.
You should go to the latest post where you can communicate directly with their father.

More than Fran. He had higher highs plus more consistency with making the tournament. Towards the end we were often decent and would get one win in the NCAA but at least we were in it most years.
You may want a recount regarding the success in Dr. Tom's later years. Iowa only was invited to the NCAA Tournament 3 times in his last 6 years. One year we went nowhere, twice we went to the NIT. One of those NIT years we lost in the first round. Yes, we always won our 1st round NCAA games but of note, Dr. Tom never beat a NCAA team that was seeded higher except once he beat a 9 seed as an eight seed, that was his only encounter with a higher seeded team in the first round, and he beat a 4th seed once as a 5 seed.

Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT