ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Championship Thread : Session III

Lmfao, I love having my own personal trolls.

1.) The ENTIRE point of that post was how hard 165 was MORON. I am actually a big fan of Facundo having watched him wrestle for years before you even knew who he was.

2.)I actually said it was going to be very hard for Kennedy all year to AA. I picked him 7th and got blasted by many on here for doing so. Sadly, he had a terrible draw as the 6 seed. Lost to a 2 time AA that beat Hamiti right after and then lost to the 4 seed. Not sure how that is on me...

3.) I have actually said PSU was far ahead of Iowa the ENTIRE year. Nothing has changed that. The PSU guys are finding ways to win tough matches. Tons of props to them. Where have I said anything otherwise?

4.) I am all for Iowa fans feeling upset. That is their right. It's the very ignorant blasting of their wrestlers that are infinitely better than they give them credit for that I have an issue with. I mean, they ARE still in 2nd place.

5,) I love the "buried me"argument. What was the score again? I never said Marinelli would have a better career. Would love to see you cite that one for me. The ONLY thing I may have said was to predict Marinelli would win NCAA's the year Covid cancelled the tournament.

6.) Kennedy actually beat Facundo 1.5-0. But, don't worry, math is tough!
Just let people feel how they feel and get off your high horse because you are wrong about things much more than you’re right.

You’re gonna sit here an lie about our bet and I beat you? Lie about your Bull claim? Cmon man. Don’t be a liar. This was over on Mat forums. I wouldn’t even know how to go find that old shit. But you know what you said.

Showing myself out door now..

giphy.gif

Yes and no. 165 is a loaded field, so failing to AA isn’t exactly a failure. But also, it is kind of a trend for middle to upper weights, with an occasional exception. And it feels like we need a different approach.
He failed to make the R12 as the 6 seed. That’s a failure.

Point is we’re not winning team titles any time soon if our best recruits aren’t title contenders by their 3rd year. Kennedy is a miss recruiting wise, given his ranking coming out of high school. And I’m not sure he’ll ever be a title contender.

I'm clearly misremembering the timeline of events then. Idk what's happening anymore.
Wait, who the hell are you?!

It was a complete botch job in how it was handled. The 2020 seniors got screwed out of a championship season.
They could have made 2021 optional - if anyone didnt want to compete that year, they could opt out and not lose a season of eligbility. Or if the championships got cancelled again, give them another year. but giving everyone a free year carte blanche - even those who were true freshmen - was dumb. And it basically ruined record books in lots of sports.

If there is one bright side, at least Iowa will probably get 5 years of Caitlin Clark

Just let people feel how they feel and get off your high horse because you are wrong about things much more than you’re right.

You’re gonna sit here an lie about our bet and I beat you? Lie about your Bull claim? Cmon man. Don’t be a liar. This was over on Mat forums. I wouldn’t even know how to go find that old shit. But you know what you said.

Showing myself out door now..
1.) Cite specifics please.

2.) Lie? I have already said the exact score ON THIS BOARD. Again, what was the score when you buried me?

3.) Bull claim? When exactly was this? Again, you are definitely mistaking me for someone else. Joseph already had multiple finals appearance before I was even high on Alex. Hell I was the IMAR fan to show you how bad your memory is. If anything, I may have picked IMar to win at NCAA's over Joseph and that is what has you confused.

4.) Feel free to leave, spouting half truths and blatant misinformation isn't going to work here of all places from a PSU fan...

Point is we’re not winning team titles any time soon if our best recruits aren’t title contenders by their 3rd year. Kennedy is a miss recruiting wise, given his ranking coming out of high school. And I’m not sure he’ll ever be a title contender.
It’s still just his first year in the lineup. I don’t think we can entirely write off the rest of his college career.

Reactions: shobart
Man it's just tough to see the bright side of the future with how messed up the 2023 class is with Jesuroga not wrestling and Keuter (likely) not giving us 4 years.

I'm hopeful that Block and Arnold are AA guys

Reactions: shobart
If he needed to score to win at that point, I would definitely agree. But, AGAIN, he was up 10-0 going into the 2nd period. Down is the percentage play for Lee in that situation EVERY time. Like I said, if the choice was in the 3rd, that may change things. But, it was the right call there.

Also, everyone's 20/20 AFTERWARDS. He still won 14-4. Making mountains over mole hills here fellas. Just looking to bitch for the sake of bitching...
And you're arguing just to argue at this point. And you're wrong, just like our coaches were in that situation.

I think we're way past the point of saying that TnT are infallible because they won some titles 30 years ago. It's obvious to a lot of fans that our coaches do not always put our wrestlers in the best, or smartest, positions to win. We also either don't scout our opponents or we do a piss poor job of it.

I'm not coming here with my pitchfork out but there were some head-scratching decisions in matches today. The days of us out-working and out-toughing people are LONG gone. We need to adapt in a hurry and part of that adapting is changing how we wrestle and coach matches.

It was a complete botch job in how it was handled. The 2020 seniors got screwed out of a championship season.
They could have made 2021 optional - if anyone didnt want to compete that year, they could opt out and not lose a season of eligbility. Or if the championships got cancelled again, give them another year. but giving everyone a free year carte blanche - even those who were true freshmen - was dumb. And it basically ruined record books in lots of sports.

If there is one bright side, at least Iowa will probably get 5 years of Caitlin Clark
Yeah I remember all that. I guess I was under the impression that they had to compete in the 19/20 season to be eligible for their Covid year.

In this case I'm glad I'm wrong.

The days of us out-working and out-toughing people are LONG gone. We need to adapt in a hurry and part of that adapting is changing how we wrestle and coach matches.
Now we know how the Cowboys feel. Just wait until next year…………again.

And you're arguing just to argue at this point. And you're wrong, just like our coaches were in that situation.

I think we're way past the point of saying that TnT are infallible because they won some titles 30 years ago. It's obvious to a lot of fans that our coaches do not always put our wrestlers in the best, or smartest, positions to win. We also either don't scout our opponents or we do a piss poor job of it.

I'm not coming here with my pitchfork out but there were some head-scratching decisions in matches today. The days of us out-working and out-toughing people are LONG gone. We need to adapt in a hurry and part of that adapting is changing how we wrestle and coach matches.
I literally gave reasoning behind my stance. In no way is that arguing just to argue. I simply believe you choose down in the 2nd up 10-0 when you are as good as Spencer is on bottom. Even getting turned he managed to get away after and that was after he was damned near spent.

Now, I am far from calling the Brands infallible. I have been just as critical as anyone with their lack of gameplanning in neutral for certain opponents. Hell, I said it right after the Kennedy-Amine match.

To be clear, there are plenty of situations that I don't necessarily like. But, you can say that for every DI coach and that even includes PSU. Hell, they had RBY choose down against Nagao in the 3rd with the score 0-0 and RBY having riding time.

Reactions: Gobblin
Is Cass hurt or something? It seems like most of this year he has no offense at all - He used to have a sweet ankle pick, now it seems like he just dances like a bear for 7 minutes, no shots. As soon as I write this he takes a shot to win, but still seems afraid to take that shot.. He could have scored a lot more. Gonna lose if you dance like that against Parris or Kirk...
Schultz is a tank. Seems like Steveson had to work for the title against him.

Reactions: blcoach80
Serious question - why are you here. You literally provide no wrestling insight or wrestling responses. True definition of a troll. If that is all you have to do in your life is come here and troll us I feel bad for you. Guessing there will be some sort of smart ass answer that comes next from you
I am still amazed, STILL, 2023, the year of our lord, there are grown ass men that go to other fans message boards, for niche sports that are hardly that important too many ppl to begin with, to troll ..

I cannot put into words how utterly pathetic and useless of an existence one must have to spend days doing this .. and the obsession with IOWA for some reason too ..

I can only hope for sake of humanity, these people do NOT procreate

I am still amazed, STILL, 2023, the year of our lord, there are grown ass men that go to other fans message boards, for niche sports that are hardly that important too many ppl to begin with, to troll ..

I cannot put into words how utterly pathetic and useless of an existence one must have to spend days doing this .. and the obsession with IOWA for some reason too ..

I can only hope for sake of humanity, these people do NOT procreate
Not only that, but they literally go back to their own board to insult what many on here say. I mean, I just don't get it. Why would I care what a PSU fan says on their own board? That is what that specific board is for. Hell, I know they have blasted me personally over there. I expect it.

Their site, fine. Even a neutral site I get. But, to go to a site dedicated to a specific team and blast them for saying things slanted to that team is laughable at best...

A miss recruiting wise after his first year wrestling at the ncaas? He was beat by a rerturning finalist and the 4 seed in the consolations. Some of you people are unreal at judging what these young guys have to endure to get to that podium. It takes as much luck as it does skill. I would take a Team full of Kennedy's anyday and they would win a shit ton of matches and get podium finishes. Its easy to sit behind a computer and put these guys down. Go step in their shoes and see what they are enduring.

I’ve been saying for the last two years that HWC needs to throw money at Jason Nolf, especially after NLWC brought in Dake.

I think he could help a ton with our middleweight guys.
I couldn’t agree more…. Making the $ match and pulling him away from his life off the mat makes it extremely difficult. Don’t think for a second that it hasn’t been a thought and explored. That stuff has become a business, not a hobby.

Reactions: GlenHawk
I couldn’t agree more…. Making the $ match and pulling him away from his life off the mat makes it extremely difficult. Don’t think for a second that it hasn’t been a thought and explored. That stuff has become a business, not a hobby.
Any ideas what type of money a guy like Nolf pulls from a club?

Absolutely incredible that people honestly believe this is the answer…
I don’t think that’s the answer, but Brands clearly need to tweak their philosophy and approach. The fact the we haven’t been able to bring in any upper weight coaches who have titles under their belt says something to me. 1. They aren’t trying. or 2. No one wants to be at Iowa.

I don’t think that’s the answer, but Brands clearly need to tweak their philosophy and approach. The fact the we haven’t been able to bring in any upper weight coaches who have titles under their belt says something to me. 1. They aren’t trying. or 2. No one wants to be at Iowa.
1. Wrong

2. Wrong

I would argue there is a proventialness in wrestling that is kind of unique to the sport. A lot of these guys, not all but I lot are very invested in staying close to home.

Reactions: Gobblin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT