ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Championship Thread : Session III

Love me some first period JWAR takedowns.

re: Paddy- imagine had Iowa not backed off (or lost out, or whatever), and TnT are getting heat for him performing just like he is for Tom Ryan...

There is some strategy involved that PSU seems to come out ahead on more often than not.. but having p4p guys stacked two deep at each weight is the still the differentiating factor.

hot damn, i'd love to see jwar battle all the way through the backside

it's not captain hindsight lol. i groaned as soon as he did it. and tom and morningstar were screaming at him to let go.

you really want to die on this hill? i knew you were stupid, but this is even beneath you.
I’m not dying on any hill…. I just get a charge out of your constant crybaby commentary all while pretending to be some sort of wise sage. You’re the kind of guy who hangs out in public restrooms just to tell other people their shit stinks. Your little “atta boy Cass” posts to make up for your masochistic narcissism is beyond cringeworthy.

This is our team, and I’m rooting for them. They are fighting like hell and want it more than anyone on this board does.
It is the toughest folkstyle tournament in the world.

That being said, if Iowa wrestling is the standard for wrestling, we are getting lapped by PSU and sucking their exhaust.

At some point recruiting was going to expose the gap, and it now has.

Cael is a 10X better recruiter than Brands and that is simply the facts.

And yes, they need a coach with a different style in the room.

M* is a great Hawk and a really good coach. He’s been at Iowa for a while and needs to go find a program to be a head coach, just like Schwab did. I think he will excel wherever he goes.

I have no doubt that Lee will be on the staff when he’s done competing.

Need to go find a middleweight/bigs coach with a different style, and go get some athletes.

No. You actually have that laughably backwards.

You guys take a jab at PSU, my replies cause you (collective “you”) embarrassment, then you scream “ban him!”
Serious question - why are you here. You literally provide no wrestling insight or wrestling responses. True definition of a troll. If that is all you have to do in your life is come here and troll us I feel bad for you. Guessing there will be some sort of smart ass answer that comes next from you

Without the ability of hindsight would you have picked down? Yes, yes you would have.
99% of the iowa fanbase hasn't seen that kid wrestle before - everyone would've liked Lee's chances to escape and get back to work in neutral.

And your comment doesn't get my ass wet. It just makes you look like a moran.
Bullcrap. Many have said there's no point in Spencer taking down. Not a consensus, but it's been said many times on this board.

I’m not dying on any hill…. I just get a charge out of your constant crybaby commentary all while pretending to be some sort of wise sage. You’re the kind of guy who hangs out in public restrooms just to tell other people their shit stinks. Your little “atta boy Cass” posts to make up for your masochistic narcissism is beyond cringeworthy.
so i'm right, but you don't like that i'm right? thanks for the hissy fit i guess lol

Great day from Warner so far. Anybody saying senioritis or HEW with him can suck it. He has a really tough match tonight, but winning will put him on some pretty short lists as a 4 time AA. I'm going to be pulling awfully hard for him and Max to make the stand (Brands too, but especially the 2 seniors). Lets get 6 AA and shut up the downers.

not a hole, but mesenbrink is too talented not to target
He may not be a "hole", but he also isn't a guy we shouldn't recruit over if the opportunity arises.
3rd year in and he doesn't reach the podium. That's foreboding considering this class is loaded again next year.
TNT ****ed his career when they burned his shirt his freshman year. If he had 3 years left I'd say we can wait. Now? Not so much.

guy wrestles a 30 pt war an hour ago and you just let him hang out for most of the match and counter late? where's the pace? sure you give a couple up early maybe but then he's toast late. smh
Yep THIS is what is missing from the Iowa style I grew up loving. I just never thought I'd see a TnT coached team not wrestle that way. Never in a million years.

He may not be a "hole", but he also isn't a guy we shouldn't recruit over if the opportunity arises.
3rd year in and he doesn't reach the podium. That's foreboding considering this class is loaded again next year.
TNT ****ed his career when they burned his shirt his freshman year. If he had 3 years left I'd say we can wait. Now? Not so much.
they didn’t burn his shirt and he has 3 years left

Burned whose shirt? 2021 was a free year and he redshirted last year.

Yeah, Facundo went 0-2 and bbq at this weight. Lol...
You have some set of balls you idiot. PSU just went 8 for 8, 7 in semis and another in bloodround and you find the one guy that underperformed to laugh about?

You are a horrible prognosticator. Come across as a know it all but most think you’re an idiot.

Kennedy UNDERPERFORMED. He was a 6th seed and is out before blood round. Meanwhile Van Ness is a 13 seed and in semis, Haines a freshman in semis. Bartlett a a 6 seed in semis.

Instead of playing with yourself all day spinning bullshit. Let the Iowa fans that are upset feel upset without your spin bullshit.

It’s unreal. I rarely post here but you take the cake for the “spin zone”.

same guy that knew it all yrs ago when I buried you in our bet. Same guy that proclaimed Maranelli would have better career than Cenzo, same shit different year.

You win, Kennedy scored 1 team point and Facundo 0. Congrats on that..

People need to stop making excuses for Kennedy and this staff. This was his 3rd year in the program. It’s pretty damn disappointing that our most prized recruit in the last 6 years can’t even AA in his 3rd year.

I feel like we can recruit all the Top 5 overall middle weights and upper weights in the world, and it won’t matter. We’ll fail to develop them and turn them into a shell of themselves by the time they’re done.

so i'm right, but you don't like that i'm right? thanks for the hissy fit i guess lol
The exact response I’d expect…. It was never about whether right or wrong. It was about how you try to make yourself proud by typing posts ragging on kids you supposedly root for on an anonymous message board constantly. Shit narcissists with no self worth do to make themselves feel better.

You have some set of balls you idiot. PSU just went 8 for 8, 7 in semis and another in bloodround and you find the one guy that underperformed to laugh about?

You are a horrible prognosticator. Come across as a know it all but most think you’re an idiot.

Kennedy UNDERPERFORMED. He was a 6th seed and is out before blood round. Meanwhile Van Ness is a 13 seed and in semis, Haines a freshman in semis. Bartlett a a 6 seed in semis.

Instead of playing with yourself all day spinning bullshit. Let the Iowa fans that are upset feel upset without your spin bullshit.

It’s unreal. I rarely post here but you take the cake for the “spin zone”.

same guy that knew it all yrs ago when I buried you in our bet. Same guy that proclaimed Maranelli would have better career than Cenzo, same shit different year.

You win, Kennedy scored 1 team point and Facundo 0. Congrats on that..
Lmfao, I love having my own personal trolls.

1.) The ENTIRE point of that post was how hard 165 was MORON. I am actually a big fan of Facundo having watched him wrestle for years before you even knew who he was.

2.)I actually said it was going to be very hard for Kennedy all year to AA. I picked him 7th and got blasted by many on here for doing so. Sadly, he had a terrible draw as the 6 seed. Lost to a 2 time AA that beat Hamiti right after and then lost to the 4 seed. Not sure how that is on me...

3.) I have actually said PSU was far ahead of Iowa the ENTIRE year. Nothing has changed that. The PSU guys are finding ways to win tough matches. Tons of props to them. Where have I said anything otherwise?

4.) I am all for Iowa fans feeling upset. That is their right. It's the very ignorant blasting of their wrestlers that are infinitely better than they give them credit for that I have an issue with. I mean, they ARE still in 2nd place.

5,) I love the "buried me"argument. What was the score again? I never said Marinelli would have a better career. Would love to see you cite that one for me. The ONLY thing I may have said was to predict Marinelli would win NCAA's the year Covid cancelled the tournament.

6.) Kennedy actually beat Facundo 1.5-0. But, don't worry, math is tough!

People need to stop making excuses for Kennedy and this staff. This was his 3rd year in the program. It’s pretty damn disappointing that our most prized recruit in the last 6 years can’t even AA in his 3rd year.

I feel like we can recruit all the Top 5 overall middle weights and upper weights in the world, and it won’t matter. We’ll fail to develop them and turn them into a shell of themselves by the time they’re done.
Yes and no. 165 is a loaded field, so failing to AA isn’t exactly a failure. But also, it is kind of a trend for middle to upper weights, with an occasional exception. And it feels like we need a different approach.

Reactions: Bones Malone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT