ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska offer list over 400

I get the rib on Debby but why not post over on Nebraska board? I mean it’s funny and funk SF, but why does this need a post on an Iowa FB board? Kinda drives home the point about the little Bro complex.

It’s funny as shit and I hope they lose every game and SF mom Has to write another note to defend her son but for funks sake enough of the Debby shit on an Iowa board.

We are all better then this or so I thought

Personally, I think our verbal list is low because the kids are in a wait and see mode on Nebraska. Wait and see what team hits the field this year compared to last, we have a lot to prove moving forward. Come out on fire and the gates will open. Come out like last year and they'll continue in the holding pattern.

They also have 2 Rivals Top 50 players and an additional 4 Star QB. Nebraska always starts slow and then they start to pick up commits around this time of the year.

I dont understand why Iowa fans obsess over offer numbers. Who cares? Why does it matter?

Since NEB's is always ranked over us in recruiting, I guess you can't argue with their methods. Just offer every 4 and 5 star in the country and hope you land a few.

They also have 2 Rivals Top 50 players and an additional 4 Star QB. Nebraska always starts slow and then they start to pick up commits around this time of the year.

I dont understand why Iowa fans obsess over offer numbers. Who cares? Why does it matter?
It doesnt matter, there is no proven method to work better then the other. I cant answer on behalf on some of the hawk fans that seem to care so much.

Reactions: chadly82
It doesnt matter, there is no proven method to work better then the other. I cant answer on behalf on some of the hawk fans that seem to care so much.

Agreed. Nebraska just recruits differently. They recruit nationally.

I just looked at Iowa's offer list on rivals, Iowa hasnt offered 1 guy in California. Are we supposed to believe that there is not 1 player in California worthy of an Iowa offer? No, Iowa just has a different recruiting strategy. They are more regional. Nebraska casts a wider net.

I just looked at Iowa's offer list on rivals, Iowa hasnt offered 1 guy in California. Are we supposed to believe that there is not 1 player in California worthy of an Iowa offer? No, Iowa just has a different recruiting strategy. They are more regional. Nebraska casts a wider net.

I know he is already on the team, but Petras is a California boy.

Wider net with bigger holes and no compass to guide them by. Just star gazing.

Do Connecticut, Florida, Texas, Georgia, and Alabama not count as “nationally?”

Don’t come over here and say stupid things.

Recruiting regionally doesnt mean you literally dont recruit outside your region. It just means in general you are a regional recruiter. Alabama and Georgia are regional recruiters. They pull the #1 and #2 classes every year.

Iowa has 20 recruits. 14 of them are from the Big Ten footprint. Thats regional recruiting.

Reactions: smozena10
Yet has only 5 commitments.
So now we know how Frost recruits...the “spray and pray” method.
If recruiting ends today - we win. So are we now claiming victory in the off season like they do?

BTW - thanks for keeping the average Nebraska threads on an Iowa board at a minimum of 3 on the first page alone. One just fell off, so congrats on keeping the Nebraska updates going!

Reactions: DexterRectumbocks
1) who cares what Nebraska is doing? 2) who cares how many offers a school puts out?

1.) I don't know if you've looked at our schedule in the last 9 years, but Nebraska's on it. I don't know if you've seen the breakdown of divisions in the Big Ten, but Nebraska's in ours. They're more relevant than say, UNLV. Let's talk about 'em. It's June. Unless you're breaking news like who benched what or what players are turning heads in summer workouts and these threads are pushing yours to the second page, why do you care?

2.) I care. It's hilarious.

1.) I don't know if you've looked at our schedule in the last 9 years, but Nebraska's on it. I don't know if you've seen the breakdown of divisions in the Big Ten, but Nebraska's in ours. They're more relevant than say, UNLV. Let's talk about 'em. It's June. Unless you're breaking news like who benched what or what players are turning heads in summer workouts and these threads are pushing yours to the second page, why do you care?

2.) I care. It's hilarious.

I care if it is relevant but this is just nonsense and makes people look like they are obsessed with them.
Each school has their own way of recruiting. People ridicule it because it is different than what Iowa does, but if Iowa and Nebraska switched tactics, people would be on here ridiculing Nebraska for not offering more kids. It is just a dumb and vapid criticism.

They sure do get to know who they’re recruiting.
4 stars? we love you man!
giphy.gif

Reactions: sltldowney

This year they have not offered a Cali kid, but Petras who was a 4* QB is from Cali. But your correct, Iowa usually does not offer kids from California and does the majority of there recruiting in the midwest. They have been making roads in Georgia, Florida and Texas lately.

This year they have not offered a Cali kid, but Petras who was a 4* QB is from Cali. But your correct, Iowa usually does not offer kids from California and does the majority of there recruiting in the midwest. They have been making roads in Georgia, Florida and Texas lately.

“Lately?” Do the names Drew Tate, Howard Hodges, Jonathan Babineaux, Scott and Nathan Chandler, and Sedrick Shaw not mean anything to you? We’ve gotten guys out of Texas for years. Florida too - Abdul Hodge, Mo Brown, Jake Rudock, Brad Banks, Colin Cole, CJ Jones, Marcus Paschal, Benny Sapp, etc.

Georgia is relatively new, but Iowa’s been a household name in the sunshine and lone star states for decades.

Reactions: beatdahuskers
As long as we’re gonna have some Braska threads. I feel like we should have a few fun facts to go along with them

2018:
Stanley 26 TD tosses (9-4)
Martinez 17 (4-8)

That’s all. Enjoy your day!

“Lately?” Do the names Drew Tate, Howard Hodges, Jonathan Babineaux, Scott and Nathan Chandler, and Sedrick Shaw not mean anything to you? We’ve gotten guys out of Texas for years. Florida too - Abdul Hodge, Mo Brown, Jake Rudock, Brad Banks, Colin Cole, CJ Jones, Marcus Paschal, Benny Sapp, etc.

Georgia is relatively new, but Iowa’s been a household name in the sunshine and lone star states for decades.
A number of the guys you mentioned from the greater Houston area were due to Coach Jackson's connections. (and he obviously hasn't been on the staff for a long time)

Our ties to Texas aren't as deep as they once were. We still regionally recruit within Texas ... but now the focus is more in the DFW area.

Their strategy is to offer all the 4-Star kids on the rivals website. It takes longer to get commits because a lot of these kids have big time offers from the likes of other true blue bloods. They snag more “4-Star” type talent but clearly by offering 400 kids they don’t truly get to know these kids which why usually half of their top recruits are gone within a year or two for drugs or being a criminal.

I do think Iowa is too conservative with their recruiting and should go after some higher ranked kids but more often than not the kids they really like turn out to be producers at the college and NFL level.

I agree. We should go after 5 star players, who fit the Iowa mold and mentality that are one state away.

Otherwise it’s fruitless to battle Ohio State and Notre Dame over a star Kentucky player.
I mean I’m sure that we put out more feelers than offers. If there’s something there we pursue it. But, in most cases I would guess that 5 star players think they need to end up at a big name, or the home state school.

How about you post this shit over there? Good god you make the rest of look like we give a shit about those 4-8 bottom feeders. This is an IOWA BOARD. Cut this ish out for funks sake
Wow, less than 50 posts and you have already taken over. This is also an English speaking board. Try to learn some.

As long as we’re gonna have some Braska threads. I feel like we should have a few fun facts to go along with them

2018:
Martinez 17 (4-8)

In all fairness, the Pinkskirt Defense didn't allow Martinez on the field very often. They ranked #94 last year giving up 433 ypg.

Reactions: Hawk Writer
Wider net with bigger holes and no compass to guide them by. Just star gazing.

Sounds like you must have in inside understanding of Nebraska's recruiting strategy and prospect board...please tell us more.

The more likely case is that Nebraska, as a program, is able to recruit pretty well. But when you have a different coaching system 3 times in 5-6 years, you're left with trying to plug round holes with square pegs as you change systems.

Because this type of post would be met with the ban hammer and deleted on the UN board.
There are ways to post this question at HOL and not get banned or deleted. See some of the other recent posts and messages from some Iowa trolls on that board. But I get it, it's just easier to play to victim in this case.

Their strategy is to offer all the 4-Star kids on the rivals website. It takes longer to get commits because a lot of these kids have big time offers from the likes of other true blue bloods. They snag more “4-Star” type talent but clearly by offering 400 kids they don’t truly get to know these kids which why usually half of their top recruits are gone within a year or two for drugs or being a criminal.

I do think Iowa is too conservative with their recruiting and should go after some higher ranked kids but more often than not the kids they really like turn out to be producers at the college and NFL level.

With all due respect, you couldn't be further off base with how you think they are managing the process.

Any credibility you may be thought to have is gone with statements about half of the top recruits being gone because they are criminals.

Dude, take a valium, I was mostly referring to California, where we usually do not go.;) As far as Texas goes, we get a few kids here and there, but I would not say it has been a hotbed for Iowa. Hayden got more kids from Texas then Kirk for obvious reasons, and Florida? We have threads damn near every year about why we're not recruiting Florida better. LOL The vast majority of kids who go to Iowa are midwest kids. I certainly wouldn't say that a dozen or so kids from Florida or Texas makes that a hotbed of recruiting for us. ;)

Reactions: DexterRectumbocks

2018:
Martinez 17 (4-8)

You left off that Martinez, as a true freshman, had a higher completion percentage by 5% than Stanley did last year, and Stanley also threw two more INTs that Martinez did. You also left off that Martinez had a higher the QB rating:
Stanley - 136.5
Martinez - 139.5
At least give the whole stat line, not just the stats that help your point.

Stanley as a RS Freshman - 5 completions (56% completion%) for 62 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 0 rushes for 0 yards.
Martinez as a True Freshman - 224 completions (65% completion%) for 2,617 yards, 17 TD, 8 INT, 140 rushes for 629 yards, 8 TDs

Had Martinez been Iowa's QB last year, Iowa probably beats Penn State.

The thing about just offering everybody is that most sincere coaching staffs try to measure the level of interest plus evaluate if the recruit will be a "good fit" not only to the football team, but to the environment, social setting etc before extending a meaningful offer.

Nebraska doesn't care if they aren't really good fits socially, interest level or anything else... just as long as they have a high star rating. So that's how the Lawrence Phillips types end up in Lincoln and reak havoc on the community over time. Of cource there were many others other than Phillips too, but to keep this short we'll not mention the endless list of thugs

Blanket offers show how shallow Frost and staff about the kid as a person...just an football object for an football cult-fanatic, one-D1 team pathetic state.

But honestly, Frost has to resort to these kind of sales tatics, since most top tier players these days won't even have irrelevant Nebraska on their radar...without some smoke blown up their butts and who knows what other special add-ons to get them to Lincoln.

Reactions: Razorhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT