ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska The Leader For Henrich?

I think Frost won't have to turn 2 stars into NFL players. He'll be able to recruit better than that. However, if you want to look at how he did at UCF...he helped turn low 3 star recruits like S. Griffin, Jordan Akins, and Tre'quan Smith into NFL draft picks this year. He also helped develop lightly recruited 5.5 3 start Mckenzie Milton into a Heisman finalist.

In just 2 months he finished off the 2018 class with seven 4 stars...Bell, Tannor, C. Jones, M. Jones, Watt, Smith, and most importantly top 100 QB Martinez. Also high 3 stars like Honas (who iowa wanted badly), Woodyard, and Washington.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

That's more 4 stars than iowa pulled has their 2018 and 2017 classes combined. So he can recruit and develop. It's not an either-or.

Honest question. Why do you seem to think Frost can't develop talent? I never said iowa doesn't do a good job at it. I'd personally rather have the right 4 star kids to develop then try to always do it with 2 stars. JMO of course.
the thing is Iowa is getting more 5.7 3* players as well, in the 2018 class they brought in 5 5.7 3* players with 5 4* players and one of the 2* players was ATH Evan the Illinois POY after leading his team to back to back 15-0 state championships and he gained over 6900 yards rushing in his last 2 seasons, a 2* I doubt
2 years ago they got a 2* DB out of Pennsylvania who was a 1st Team All Stater. a 2* prospect I doubt it, as a RSFR he is already the backup to Walk on RSSR Gervase. also he is from the same school that 1st Team All State and played on the Pennsylvannia Super 33 team 2* Bob Sanders who started as a True FR and ended up retiring from the Indy Colts, in most cases these 2* players are grossly under rated.

I think Frost won't have to turn 2 stars into NFL players. He'll be able to recruit better than that. However, if you want to look at how he did at UCF...he helped turn low 3 star recruits like S. Griffin, Jordan Akins, and Tre'quan Smith into NFL draft picks this year. He also helped develop lightly recruited 5.5 3 start Mckenzie Milton into a Heisman finalist.

In just 2 months he finished off the 2018 class with seven 4 stars...Bell, Tannor, C. Jones, M. Jones, Watt, Smith, and most importantly top 100 QB Martinez. Also high 3 stars like Honas (who iowa wanted badly), Woodyard, and Washington.

https://nebraska.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

That's more 4 stars than iowa pulled has their 2018 and 2017 classes combined. So he can recruit and develop. It's not an either-or.

Honest question. Why do you seem to think Frost can't develop talent? I never said iowa doesn't do a good job at it. I'd personally rather have the right 4 star kids to develop then try to always do it with 2 stars. JMO of course.
about Honas yes they wanted him but they got a 4 year player in 5.7 3* McDonald out of Georgia, hmm 4 year player vs a 2 year player I will take that everytime.

before bragging look before you post.

just like if you get Hinrick, Iowa already has 5.7 3* 6'4 205 lb Jacob out of Ohio looks like a even trade to me.

in their QB They got a 4* just like Iowa got a 4* QB. to me it looks like Iowa is getting stronger in the trenches where games are won or lost

How is Frost outgunned compared to other BIG coaches exactly?

He is the reigning COTY and lead his team to a 13-0 season capped off by beating a very good Auburn team.

His resume is not nearly long enough as seasoned B1G coaches. Pick any of the top 4. Compare the experience.

He's a hot stock right now but these other coaches have been paying long term dividends.

I'm hearing a lot of bravado when truth be told, a Scott Frost team hasn't snapped the ball in the B1G.

Last edited:
What are you laughing at? Auburn would've blown you out by 30 or more last year. Did you so easily forget that Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia. You couldn't even sniff the Tide or Bulldogs jockstraps! UCF shoulda beaten Auburn by 21 as 2 guaranteed TD passes were dropped in the clear open field with not one defender around. UCF woulda beaten you by 30-40 last year guaranteed. So as I said, I don't know what the heck your laughing at! If UCF and Frost could hang with the SEC, he can most definitely hang with the BIG and it's coming! Your beat down of Ohio St was a massive fluke and everyone knew it, not the win itself was the fluke but the way you won as you aren't a good enough team to put that kind of a beat down on a top tier team without it being such a massive fluke!. You act like you are better than you actually are, and that's extremely comical I guess everyone gets lucky now and again! LMAO!!

Kind of like Scott Flops season last year?

the thing is Iowa is getting more 5.7 3* players as well, in the 2018 class they brought in 5 5.7 3* players with 5 4* players and one of the 2* players was ATH Evan the Illinois POY after leading his team to back to back 15-0 state championships and he gained over 6900 yards rushing in his last 2 seasons, a 2* I doubt
2 years ago they got a 2* DB out of Pennsylvania who was a 1st Team All Stater. a 2* prospect I doubt it, as a RSFR he is already the backup to Walk on RSSR Gervase. also he is from the same school that 1st Team All State and played on the Pennsylvannia Super 33 team 2* Bob Sanders who started as a True FR and ended up retiring from the Indy Colts, in most cases these 2* players are grossly under rated.
And here come the star rankings. This site must be hard up for the 9 bucks if they keep letting you come back.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
about Honas yes they wanted him but they got a 4 year player in 5.7 3* McDonald out of Georgia, hmm 4 year player vs a 2 year player I will take that everytime.

before bragging look before you post.

just like if you get Hinrick, Iowa already has 5.7 3* 6'4 205 lb Jacob out of Ohio looks like a even trade to me.

in their QB They got a 4* just like Iowa got a 4* QB. to me it looks like Iowa is getting stronger in the trenches where games are won or lost
Won in the trenches??? You do realize that Nebraska and Iowa both has had the same number (21) of commits on the o line and Dline the past 3 classes! I think every coach in College footbal realize the importance of the O&Dline!!

I'd agree there are a contingent of fans expecting better than 6-6. They're deep in the kool-aid. However, the majority, maybe 80% + are realistic that it's take some time. Eight wins with one of the hardest schedules in the nation will be tough, but not impossible. I'm expecting anywhere from 5-7 wins.

8 wins or more is a stretch, if they get there Frost should be up for coach of the year again.

8 wins or more is a stretch, if they get there Frost should be up for coach of the year again.
6 wins will be kind of a stretch.

Will you cry a little if we go in deep and dry on floppy and his contingent of bozos?....or will this be a Frost warning for 2019?

I look forward to your buttery defense.

Really hard to determine what "%" of Nebraska fans are expecting a quick turnaround. It all depends on your perspective. I don't think anyone expects these message boards to be an accurate representation of the fan base.

I only know one big Husker fan really well. He is not expecting anything this year, and he's so sick of hearing about Scott Frost he wants to puke.

My guess is that if the turnaround is slow, a vast majority of fans will claim that they knew it would be slow. If it's a fast turnaround, a vast majority of fans will claim that they knew it would be like that all along. It's human nature.

Really hard to determine what "%" of Nebraska fans are expecting a quick turnaround. It all depends on your perspective. I don't think anyone expects these message boards to be an accurate representation of the fan base.

I only know one big Husker fan really well. He is not expecting anything this year, and he's so sick of hearing about Scott Frost he wants to puke.

My guess is that if the turnaround is slow, a vast majority of fans will claim that they knew it would be slow. If it's a fast turnaround, a vast majority of fans will claim that they knew it would be like that all along. It's human nature.
In reality it will take a little bit of time primarily because we are pretty thin at a number of positions and it takes time to rebuild depth. We used to be able to rotate players at will without missing a beat no matter what the position as well as reload, never having to rebuild. The last time we had that kind of depth across the board was under Solich

Last edited:
What are you laughing at? Auburn would've blown you out by 30 or more last year. Did you so easily forget that Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia. You couldn't even sniff the Tide or Bulldogs jockstraps! UCF shoulda beaten Auburn by 21 as 2 guaranteed TD passes were dropped in the clear open field with not one defender around. UCF woulda beaten you by 30-40 last year guaranteed. So as I said, I don't know what the heck your laughing at! If UCF and Frost could hang with the SEC, he can most definitely hang with the BIG and it's coming! Your beat down of Ohio St was a massive fluke and everyone knew it, not the win itself was the fluke but the way you won as you aren't a good enough team to put that kind of a beat down on a top tier team without it being such a massive fluke!. You act like you are better than you actually are, and that's extremely comical I guess everyone gets lucky now and again! LMAO!!
Go back to the Huskers site. We don't want this crap on a Hawkeye site. Oh, the people on the Huskers site don't want you on that site either:p Maybe change you name again...

Well... Now I'm laughing at you! Is AZHusker1979 your boyfriend or something? Maybe you don't understand that putting something in bold (you know, those words that appear thicker and darker than the rest of the quote) means that you are responding specifically to the part in bold. Let me explain it to you... AZHusker1979 used COTY as a reason Frost will be successful. We Hawkeye fans have some experience with being excited about a COTY hire. How did that work out for us? If you don't know, research Todd Lickliter. That's all I was saying... Nothing more. But I did learn that you are a phucking tool! Oh yeah... LOL!

Reactions: Blackleaf40

If we make a bowl game I’ll be happy. I’m looking for improved effort. You guys can have one more year on us. I hope to see us winning more games than we’re losing starting in 2019.

If we make a bowl game I’ll be happy. I’m looking for improved effort. You guys can have one more year on us. I hope to see us winning more games than we’re losing starting in 2019.
That's what I've been saying for you guys frost will have your team working their ass off that I'm pretty sure of

Reactions: ThrowBones92
Why just "one more year"...Iowa has and continues to recruit quite well, so not looking to lose to the likes of Nebby in near future.

A whole lot of trolling going on....... the season can't get here soon enough.
Not really "trolling" when Iowa fans are simply stating facts that the Hawks have demolished Nebraska lately. Whereas Nebby fans are postulating that Frost will turn the huskers around, which is not a known "fact".

Reactions: Millardhawk
I truly only care about Nebraska 1 day a year , Black Friday and an Iowa Nebraska rivalry is good for both schools . Here is to another glorious Hawkeye victory this year , ahhh that Old Milwaukee was good.

I truly only care about Nebraska 1 day a year , Black Friday and an Iowa Nebraska rivalry is good for both schools . Here is to another glorious Hawkeye victory this year , ahhh that Old Milwaukee was good.
Do they still sell Red White and Blue beer in Iowa? When I was growing up in Iowa we thought we had scored something illegal if we could find Coors beer.

What are you laughing at? Auburn would've blown you out by 30 or more last year. Did you so easily forget that Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia. You couldn't even sniff the Tide or Bulldogs jockstraps! UCF shoulda beaten Auburn by 21 as 2 guaranteed TD passes were dropped in the clear open field with not one defender around. UCF woulda beaten you by 30-40 last year guaranteed. So as I said, I don't know what the heck your laughing at! If UCF and Frost could hang with the SEC, he can most definitely hang with the BIG and it's coming! Your beat down of Ohio St was a massive fluke and everyone knew it, not the win itself was the fluke but the way you won as you aren't a good enough team to put that kind of a beat down on a top tier team without it being such a massive fluke!. You act like you are better than you actually are, and that's extremely comical I guess everyone gets lucky now and again! LMAO!![/QUOTE]

So much massive irony in your last sentence.

Lol. Pay attention Debra. 3boysmom knows their family. The kid grew up a Hawk fan. 50% chance he is a Hawkeye. The rest of you can divide up the other 50%. Iowa had a concensus AA at linebacker last year. Debbie embarrassed the B1G on defense last year. Oh wait, Wisconsin scored again..

:)

Reactions: HuskerPower10
A bunch of stupid posts right now, both sides. Nebraska has outrecruited Iowa, but that hasn’t mounted to much. Iowa has beat the crap out of NU recently. Some will hope that Frost will result in something special. I agree, but he has a ton to do with what he was left with (attitutude, work ethic, etc.). Nick is a great, huge, pickup for Nebraska. That is all.

Reactions: scarletred
Sometimes high school kids do things that don't make sense. If you care to dispute the lifelong Hawkeye part I don't know what to tell you. He spent a year in class with my son talking about dreaming of playing for the Hawkeyes. For whatever reason he bought the snake oil. Too bad

Hahahaha..... snake oil......

Over 400 post about the lose of this Henrich kid. Can you imagine the posts (skewer Ferentz) after Iowa loses to N. Illinois.

Why just "one more year"...Iowa has and continues to recruit quite well, so not looking to lose to the likes of Nebby in near future.
Iowa wasn't looking to lose 6 of the last 10 times they met either but they did, Enjoy the little 3 win run the last 3 years to at least bring it up to some true rivalry status as up to 3 years ago it was a buttstomping Iowa had taken for years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT