ADVERTISEMENT

*****Nebraska vs Iowa (W) Game Thread*****

@EvilMonkeyInTheCloset picking them up (he's always short on change)
ohhpieceofcandy.gif

IMO, McCabe is one of the better defenders. She’s also a shooter that Bluder doesn’t use enough.

The problem is she gets lost from time to time, as I said. It’s almost like she gets to excited. She isn’t always, but there are times when she’s on the court I’m like what in the hell is she doing?

She doesn’t seem to be playing with the other four players… And the big thing is she’s a good ball handler but not better than what we have on the court and she’s not nearly as physical as Kate Martin or Sydney Affolter.

Our big issues are as stated, rebounding is inconsistent not terrible. As an example, we were outed by Ohio State by four, I think Kansas State by one, I think we out rebounded Virginia Tech and we’re down one versus Iowa State, all teams that rebound well.

Interior defensive rotation is very spotty. Our double team is often late. And we can be a little streaky….

But when we’re cooking, we’re tough to beat… Everybody has issues!

Hmmmm…,what happened. Are we still broken @Legs94 Can we make a tourney run now @Gonzo Bloor

It’s like a game is actually 40 minutes long and NO team plays great all game…who knew🤷‍♂️
We played an awful half. Clark was on fire. I still have major concerns for us making another deep run. Defense and rebounding mainly.

We played an awful half. Clark was on fire. I still have major concerns for us making another deep run. Defense and rebounding mainly.

Fair, but you're an Iowa fan, we are trained to think that way. Hell maybe most fans, but every team has issues. Go back and look at our rebounding in totality. It’s inconsistent, not bad & our defense, inside withstanding, is much, much better!

1pm BTN

This is a decent Nebraska (13-6, 5-3) team, although certainly play at a much slower pace than than Iowa. The Hawkeyes finally return to the court after the upset lost last weekend. I could see a very angry CC take it out on Nebby.

I like a 88-69 Iowa win.

Very close projection dude…wow!!

Not sure what you’re looking for. We played a not so great 1st half, maybe a little hangover from the Ohio St game and then Clark ramped it up. It’s hard to keep up with our pace of play. We didn’t have our A game and won by 19 against a team that was 5-3 in the league. Why do some of you guys keep worrying about the tournament? We pretty much know who we are and what we have. We’ve got the best player in the country and a solid supporting cast. No 6-7 transfer Center is coming to save the day. We are 19-2 for goodness sakes.

Not sure what you’re looking for. We played a not so great 1st half, maybe a little hangover from the Ohio St game and then Clark ramped it up. It’s hard to keep up with our pace of play. We didn’t have our A game and won by 19 against a team that was 5-3 in the league. Why do some of you guys keep worrying about the tournament? We pretty much know who we are and what we have. We’ve got the best player in the country and a solid supporting cast. No 6-7 transfer Center is coming to save the day. We are 19-2 for goodness sakes.
THANK YOU. Our only two losses are to two teams who can certainly advance to at least the elite 8 / win their conference tourneys. We also know what went wrong in both games. Even without a real big, we are second in the B1G in rebounding per game AND rebounding margin. Hannah is shooting 65% last time I checked. We have beaten THREE (!!) teams with ELITE centers despite not having one. Our defense is miles ahead of last year. Way deeper. We are by far the most covered / highlighted / clicked team in the country. Show stopping stuff day in and out.

Yet people still can’t stop talking about how we didn’t get someone from the portal or anxiety about not being national champs. Jfc enjoy the ride we have beaten Nebraska 9 times in a row now. ISU 7 of the last 8. Indiana 4 of the last 5. Yet the world basically ended when Ohio State beat us on the road in overtime when half our team was sick. Why should Clark want to take a fifth year with fans who can’t appreciate the very real success we are having??

Last edited:
THANK YOU. Our only two losses are to two teams who can certainly advance to at least the elite 8 / win their conference tourneys. We also know what went wrong in both games. Even without a real big, we are second in the B1G in rebounding per game AND rebounding margin. Hannah is shooting 65% last time I checked. We have beaten THREE (!!) teams with ELITE centers despite not having one. Our defense is miles ahead of last year. Way deeper. We are by far the most covered / highlighted / clicked team in the country. Show stopping stuff day in and out.

Yet people still can’t stop talking about how we didn’t get someone from the portal or anxiety about not being national champs. Jfc enjoy the ride we have beaten Nebraska 9 times in a row now. ISU 7 of the last 8. Indiana 4 of the last 5. Yet the world basically ended when Ohio State beat us on the road in overtime when half our team was sick. Why should Clark want to take a fifth year with fans who can’t appreciate the very real success we are having??
Exaggerate much?

Exaggerate much?
What am I exaggerating about? Hannah’s efficiency may be closer to 60 than 65 after the last couple games but the rest of it is accurate. Did people really expect us to go undefeated? Did any of the haters who are so positive this team won’t sniff final four even expect us to have a better record than at this point last year? This is a good team. We are bound to lose a few. We are still a top 5 team and are very much in the mix for a 1 seed. Why is the sky falling?

What am I exaggerating about? Hannah’s efficiency may be closer to 60 than 65 after the last couple games but the rest of it is accurate. Did people really expect us to go undefeated? Did any of the haters who are so positive this team won’t sniff final four even expect us to have a better record than at this point last year? This is a good team. We are bound to lose a few. We are still a top 5 team and are very much in the mix for a 1 seed. Why is the sky falling?
the bold comment

They never let it go

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT