ADVERTISEMENT

New 2020 offer: 6'10" Center Hunter Dickinson, DeMatha Catholic HS

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Just in, 30 minutes ago:
Iowa and Illinois have offered 2020 big man Hunter Dickinson. He currently is 6'10, 200 lbs, and is from Alexandria, VA.

He is not ranked by Rivals but if you do a simple google search you will see that one site has him as the #51 recruit in the nation and a 4 star.

Last edited:
Reactions: MonmouthHawk
Looks like we really want a PG named Jalen; Fran trying to reincarnate the fab 5??

Fran is in a position now to just go after the blue bloods who are team players and decent students.

Sounds like the name of an investment firm! Seriously, I think I invested in a mining company that was part of a collection of mining companies underneath the umbrella of Hunter Dickinson. I will have to google that.

Edit: yep, there is a mining company called Hunter Dickinson, Inc.

Back to the OP - 6'10" and only 200 lbs.?? Invest In protein shakes, young man! Must be built like Uthoff.

Last edited:
Looks like we really want a PG named Jalen; Fran trying to reincarnate the fab 5??
2020's Jalen Terry or Jalen Suggs? I'd take either but Suggs would be a great elite combo guard to go with Mcarton.

Fran is in a position now to just go after the blue bloods who are team players and decent students.

Not unusual for the offers out to 2020 guys to be limited to the best of the best at this point. An offer is the cost of admission to realistically recruit the top players. I wouldn't say that Iowa is at the place where offers will be limited to blue bloods/Top 50 types. If Fran can get Top 50 guys in Wieskamp, his son Patrick and Foster in consecutive years from in-state, that will be a great foundation of talent that just isn't found at Iowa very regularly. Then the program becomes more attractive to out-of-state highly rated players who want to play with good talent in place or coming on board.

Reactions: perryhawk

These guys playing college sports for 6+ years is ruining the game as much as NIL and the portal.

Jeff Goodman is joking that next season would be Hunter's 7th year.

Hunter graduated from high school in 2020 (just like Tony Perkins).

Hunter's first year was a "free" covid year; so next season will "only" be his 5th (same as Tony Perkins, who is now at Missouri).

Hunter, Games Played:
28: 2020-21 (Michigan)
32: 2021-22 (Michigan)
34: 2022-23 (Michigan)
33: 2023-24 (Kansas)

Reactions: Mohawkeye
These guys playing college sports for 6+ years is ruining the game as much as NIL and the portal.
With the ongoing movement toward increasing the rights of college athletes, I half expect to see a push for unlimited years of eligibility for college athletes.

I can almost hear the argument now: If coaches are allowed to keep coaching for as long as they want, why shouldn’t athletes have that same right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT