ADVERTISEMENT

New OC Hire/Kirk Ferentz

dbleagle1

HR All-State
Oct 18, 2014
I keep hearing that KF is going to have to hire someone that aligns with his offensive philosophy. What? It seems to me that he needs to hire someone who has experience and then just leave him alone. Kirk needs to keep his grubby mits out of the offense and let the new hire handle it completely. When they got rid of GD and hired BF, I remember hearing reporters say that BF would be successful because he was younger and have a more modern approach to offense at Iowa. Well, that didn't happen. It is no small feat that Kirk is where he is at on the all time Big Ten wins list. If he would just hire the right OC and completely let go of the offense.........

How many different OC's has Bill had? Great QB play, offensive creation and actually won championships with offense. Now he's taken a huge step back since he took over control of the roster but KF does not follow what Bill does or has done other than total control.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
How many different OC's has Bill had? Great QB play, offensive creation and actually won championships with offense. Now he's taken a huge step back since he took over control of the roster but KF does not follow what Bill does or has done other than total control.
how many has kf had? you get the big star qb, stanley , stanzi, tate... { nowhere near goat brady material but you know, it's what it is} you get the big tight end { gronk, well, you know} you have little white guy receivers... great defense and special teams.... heck just hire patricia in there at OC for iowa

KF believes in culture, trust, consistency, stability - doing things a certain way all the time so the players completely understand the program from the first day they step on campus and so the seniors can lead.

Glass half full - it has led to lots of success.

Glass half empty - he's not going to shake things up.

It will be Budmayr.

Helps when "The Patriot Way" is Tom Brady. B/c it doesn't exist with McCorkle.

peaceloveutes-utah-football.gif

Kakert said yesterday that Iowa has reached out to Andy Ludwig, OC at Utah.
That guy has a helluva OC resume. He is also 60 years old and has been around.... one new gig as a swan song?

Nobody gives KF a dime's worth of credit for promoting Parker. I'd wager KF has a lengthy conversation with Parker about a new OC ensuring the OC's philosophy will not disrupt Parker's defensive concept. I also believe Parker quits when KF does.

Nobody gives KF a dime's worth of credit for promoting Parker. I'd wager KF has a lengthy conversation with Parker about a new OC ensuring the OC's philosophy will not disrupt Parker's defensive concept. I also believe Parker quits when KF does.
Depending on when KF quits, next HC maybe? Maybe not though........

KF hiring someone who "aligns with his offensive philosophy" isn't a request. It's an expectation. It would be a total shock if he brought in a young, dynamic coordinator from outside the program who wanted a mobile qb that runs as part of the O plan. And then went total hands off.
As long as Kirk is here the OC will run a boring ass system with schemes that reportedly take years to learn. Scoring as a last resort will remain the Iowa offense calling card.

• Sad
Reactions: hawkdave007
He'll probably hire a bum so when they suck it makes Brian look better. Personally I think Kirk hand cuffing the offense is the biggest problem.
This bum you are talking about? Impossible to suck so it makes Brian look good!!!

Not exactly true. Kirk does get credit for hiring Parker.

But there is a difference. Parker is allowed to run the defense his way, whereas Kirk does not allow that for the offense.

I love Kirk Ferentz but the SOB is probably going to hire Budmayr.
And gaslight us to thinking it was a good decision. Like how people thinking wd could win last Saturday with the offense we had.

And old fuqs will believe it.

I just hope the next guy carries a play sheet organized by situtation. Not just calling plays off the top of his head.

Not exactly true. Kirk does get credit for hiring Parker.

But there is a difference. Parker is allowed to run the defense his way, whereas Kirk does not allow that for the offense.

Lol….again, you know this for sure, right? He has “nothing” to do with the defense ? Absolutely nothing….

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT