ADVERTISEMENT

NextDoor - Howdy Crazy Neighbor!

So, we’ve got a bunch of ninnies and straight up loons on this board for sure, but holy shit. NextDoor is chock full of them. I mean, half of HROT’s personalities are made up (hopefully) but these people are all theoretically real and live close to you!

Ive just started actually paying a little bit of attention and can’t believe the crazy that goes on over there.
Next door is super Facebook for boomers

I live out in the country, near the Mt Weather government facility. The topics that are posted every day include:
1. Black helicopters overhead
2. People shooting guns out on their own property
3. Loose cows/ horses
4. What is this bug?
5. Did anyone get my Amazon delivery by mistake?
You can thank #2 for helping keep your property taxes down

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Nextdoor is good for some laughs every so often. Our is usually full of lost dogs/cats, people selling crap and what kind of snake is this. Always someone who claims it is a copperhead.
It was more entertaining during the election with all kids of crazy people on there.

Nextdoor is good for some laughs every so often. Our is usually full of lost dogs/cats, people selling crap and what kind of snake is this. Always someone who claims it is a copperhead.
It was more entertaining during the election with all kids of crazy people on there.

I’m not on it with any regularity so I’m kind of reading a historical view of the postings. Amazingly, there aren’t really any political posts or even references to it in the comments / responses. Living in Iowa City with political nut bags all around, I find it hard to believe my “neighbors” can control themselves. NextDoor mods must moderate the shit out of it.

I don't participate on Nextdoor, but tBW (no pics!) tells me there's been a very spirited debate about dog pooping etiquette, specifically who isn't picking up after their dog's business and whether or not it's acceptable to drop a bagged dog deuce in another person's garbage can.

Disclaimer: I always pick up after my dog, people that don't are SOTE. And if you leave your garbage can out near the street in the public right of way, I may drop my dog's bagged deuce in the receptacle you've provided for this purpose. Deal with it!

Today we had this one. This guy loves to hear himself talk.

BurgerFi. It’s a hard “No” for me. So I was craving a hotdog like nobody’s business, I was actually “Hangry” at this point. I figured let me google a near by place who sold great hotdogs. I know they are a burger joint but there wasn’t a stand alone hotdog place that was open. So I scurried to BurgerFi.

Like a kid I’m standing in line patiently waiting my turn. I’m two-stepping in line anxiously then it’s my turn to order. Hotdogs were not on the overhead menu so I asked the young lady, “Do you serve hotdogs besides the kids meal?” She replied, “Yes we do.” Like an over weight kid in a candy store I say, “I’ll have two hotdogs, one with sauerkraut and mustard and one with chili and cheese. A small fries, and a medium drink.” “$17” she said. Silently to my self I was like man, this meal in my Tony the Tiger voice (((Oh, this is gonna be Grrrrreat))) 🤗🤩 so I scouted the dining area for a clean table. They were all dirty so I found the cleanest dirty table. I put my #35 placard down to mark where they will bring my food.

Meanwhile, I went to the men’s restroom. I opened the door and I immediately turned into “Ninja” mode. The restroom was filthy, I thought, dang I paid $17 for my meal and it looks 👀 like this in here 🤦🏽‍♂️ I used every balancing skill I had to use my foot for everything yuck 🤢. Anyway, I put that behind me and went to my table. I was surrounded by flies so I grabbed my things and went outside thinking 🤔 maybe it would be better but to no avail there was a food tray left out with food still on it approximately 2 - 3 tables away.

A young lady comes outside with my tray. I do the one ☝🏽 clap and rub my hands 🙌🏾 together because I thought yeah, it’s about to go DOWN!!!!! I lightly salted 🧂 my fries. I took a fry and bit into it then chewed. I was like “Wayment” maybe that was a bad fry so I tried another. At this point I was disappointed but I didn’t come here for the fries. Sauerkraut hotdog 🌭 was next I picked it up and I felt like the whole bun was stale I bit into it and was like Awh naw. I placed the hotdog 🌭 down bit into the chili dog. I mean how do you mess up fries 🍟 and the dogs tasted like they were baked, who cooks sauerkraut until it’s dry 🤦🏽‍♂️ I was so disappointed I had to just push away my tray grabbing my keys and abandoned my meal. I couldn’t go back inside to demand a refund because I was too hotheaded and still hungry. Morale to the story, I’d rather go to Circle K and eat a hotdog from there instead.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I now can have closure.

Today we had this one. This guy loves to hear himself talk.

BurgerFi. It’s a hard “No” for me. So I was craving a hotdog like nobody’s business, I was actually “Hangry” at this point. I figured let me google a near by place who sold great hotdogs. I know they are a burger joint but there wasn’t a stand alone hotdog place that was open. So I scurried to BurgerFi.

Like a kid I’m standing in line patiently waiting my turn. I’m two-stepping in line anxiously then it’s my turn to order. Hotdogs were not on the overhead menu so I asked the young lady, “Do you serve hotdogs besides the kids meal?” She replied, “Yes we do.” Like an over weight kid in a candy store I say, “I’ll have two hotdogs, one with sauerkraut and mustard and one with chili and cheese. A small fries, and a medium drink.” “$17” she said. Silently to my self I was like man, this meal in my Tony the Tiger voice (((Oh, this is gonna be Grrrrreat))) 🤗🤩 so I scouted the dining area for a clean table. They were all dirty so I found the cleanest dirty table. I put my #35 placard down to mark where they will bring my food.

Meanwhile, I went to the men’s restroom. I opened the door and I immediately turned into “Ninja” mode. The restroom was filthy, I thought, dang I paid $17 for my meal and it looks 👀 like this in here 🤦🏽‍♂️ I used every balancing skill I had to use my foot for everything yuck 🤢. Anyway, I put that behind me and went to my table. I was surrounded by flies so I grabbed my things and went outside thinking 🤔 maybe it would be better but to no avail there was a food tray left out with food still on it approximately 2 - 3 tables away.

A young lady comes outside with my tray. I do the one ☝🏽 clap and rub my hands 🙌🏾 together because I thought yeah, it’s about to go DOWN!!!!! I lightly salted 🧂 my fries. I took a fry and bit into it then chewed. I was like “Wayment” maybe that was a bad fry so I tried another. At this point I was disappointed but I didn’t come here for the fries. Sauerkraut hotdog 🌭 was next I picked it up and I felt like the whole bun was stale I bit into it and was like Awh naw. I placed the hotdog 🌭 down bit into the chili dog. I mean how do you mess up fries 🍟 and the dogs tasted like they were baked, who cooks sauerkraut until it’s dry 🤦🏽‍♂️ I was so disappointed I had to just push away my tray grabbing my keys and abandoned my meal. I couldn’t go back inside to demand a refund because I was too hotheaded and still hungry. Morale to the story, I’d rather go to Circle K and eat a hotdog from there instead.

Thanks for listening to me rant. I now can have closure.
I kept reading and waiting for the part where he pooped himself in the restaurant's restroom. Leaving the thread disappointed. This is how you do it:

I don't participate on Nextdoor, but tBW (no pics!) tells me there's been a very spirited debate about dog pooping etiquette, specifically who isn't picking up after their dog's business and whether or not it's acceptable to drop a bagged dog deuce in another person's garbage can.

Disclaimer: I always pick up after my dog, people that don't are SOTE. And if you leave your garbage can out near the street in the public right of way, I may drop my dog's bagged deuce in the receptacle you've provided for this purpose. Deal with it!
I did put a guy on blast who let his dog shit on my driveway on not pick it up. Security camera caught it and I posted it. People recognized him and let him and his wife know about it. I did get an apology from the wife.

I do enjoy “what kind of snake is this” post. Somebody announced they moved from the northeast and encountered a snake on the walking trails in their subdivision. It was a western diamondback. People were like pay attention to the scale pattern and the rattle sticking out should have been a clue.

There was some lady that was losing her mind at the terrible people who allowed their dogs to pee in her yard while they were on a walk.
Watching dogwalkers with a dog sniffing around my yard to drop a deuce is a combo of:
tumblr_otothf3shL1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

and
tenor.gif

This is true. I think it also depends on the dog.
My dog’s piss is like acid. It kills the grass. But on walks, I can’t control where she wants to pee but I do “curb” her on the stretch of grass between the sidewalk and the street so that she doesn’t pee on peoples’ main lawn area.

And I pick up her poop. And I don’t throw it in someone else garbage can; that pisses me off. In my town, the garbage pickup is private so me throwing my trash into someone else’s garbage is different to me than if we had town/county pickup where my taxes paid for their garbage. But the bigger issue is that some of the garbage companies don’t “dump” the cans, they just come by and physically grab the bags of garbage out. A small bag of dog shit doesn’t get individually grabbed so it stays in the bottom of that can.

Reactions: HawkMD
There was some lady that was losing her mind at the terrible people who allowed their dogs to pee in her yard while they were on a walk.
We have a whole group of people triggered by dog walkers on our group. Their biggest trigger item is the group that meets at the local park/school some evenings and lets their little dogs run around and socialize. IT'S AGAINST CITY LAW TO ALLOW YOUR DOG ON THE GRASS!! AND NO DOG SHOULD BE OFF THIER LEASH!! WE WILL CALL THE POLICE!!
I dropped a bomb in there one day commenting on how the app was supposed to be about connecting with your neighbors and here we had a group of people threatening to call the police because some folks were socializing in a small corner of the park with the dogs. What is next, people reporting jaywalkers? LOL, holy hell the shitstorm that stirred up.
I did get a lot of high-fives when the dog group found out it was me though.

I dropped a bomb in there one day commenting on how the app was supposed to be about connecting with your neighbors and here we had a group of people threatening to call the police because some folks were socializing in a small corner of the park with the dogs. What is next, people reporting jaywalkers? LOL, holy hell the shitstorm that stirred up.
5gi17t.jpg

Only if you have plenty of rain.

During drier conditions it kills grass.
My dogs pee on the hydrants and light poles so not really doing anything to anyone's grass. I haven't seen anyone with burned up grass so I am going to guess it isn't an issue around here. But like someone said before, there is very little you can do when your dog decides to pee.

Reactions: HugeEddie
My Nextdoor is:
75% - lost cats, what insect is this, the 200th “help me find a plumber” thread and bitching about the city council or property taxes
25% - retards arguing about something

Reactions: torbee
My dogs pee on the hydrants and light poles so not really doing anything to anyone's grass. I haven't seen anyone with burned up grass so I am going to guess it isn't an issue around here. But like someone said before, there is very little you can do when your dog decides to pee.
You can generally keep them off other people's lawns.

Mine is not allowed in other lawns, aside from along easements. He'll pee in the common park and on trees. Anytime he gets ready to pee on a park bench, he gets yanked away from it.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT