ADVERTISEMENT

Nikki Haley stumbles when asked about the Civil War and slavery

Not going to read through all this trash but I find it comical that all the democrats and a portion of republicans say that Donald trump is the worst person ever. Yet here we have someone running against trump and it’s not stop hate for her.
Wouldn’t you want to support her to take over trump who is probably the biggest threat to the democrat party because of the MAGA cult?
When asked yesterday if she'd be Trump's Vice President Haley didn't say no.

O I agree. It is frustrating too because she seemed to be the best alternative to take down Trump. What a silly mistake.

But for the left to act like she is openly a racist KKK member because of the remark while openly supporting a man who has said and done many racist over his career is just laughable.
LOL. Typical Coff. Nobody is saying she's in the KKK. Then you top it off by dibbling out something, something, Biden is a racist. Nikki has made a career out of pandering to the people who want to believe that fighting for the Confederacy was an honorable act against governmental overreach.
LOL.

I’m not supporting anyone who doesn’t unequivocally and publicly reject Donald Trump.
This. If the Rs put forth someone who denounced trump emphatically and publicly I would consider voting for them over Biden because while I feel he's done a good job, having a mid 80s year old man as president is far from ideal. But Christie is the only one willing to take Donald on and his history doesn't make me feel the most confident he would stick to going away from trump. So Biden it is.

The left has given Biden a pass for his comments. If they want to make an issue out of this with Haley then be prepared to take a full accounting of Biden's remarks. The RNC should put all of it on a reel and play it ad after ad.

They all make gaffes and stupid things, but I'm sure Biden at least knows the cause of the Civil War, and unlike Haley, has the sense to say so.

Reactions: pjhawk
Anybody get the feeling that Nikki could be completely bought by China? She can't say no to Trump. She can't give definitive answers on slavery. Seems like she's open to distorting all kinds of things.

So we should support Haley because we don't like Trump? Haley is still a republican. Most democrats won't like any of the republican candidates because of the platform/party they represent.
Depends who we is in your thread. If it’s the hardcore liberals then Yeah I would say they should be supporting her over trump. But instead they are trashing her as well.
I would think they would want to support anyone not named trump.

This. If the Rs put forth someone who denounced trump emphatically and publicly I would consider voting for them over Biden because while I feel he's done a good job, having a mid 80s year old man as president is far from ideal. But Christie is the only one willing to take Donald on and his history doesn't make me feel the most confident he would stick to going away from trump. So Biden it is.
Well the republican governor of Iowa basically told trump to take a hike and backed desantis yet I’m sure most still say she is the worst governor.

Anybody get the feeling that Nikki could be completely bought by China? She can't say no to Trump. She can't give definitive answers on slavery. Seems like she's open to distorting all kinds of things.
Nikki is trying to thread the needle with the MAGA base. She's extremely afraid of alienating them. Remember, she said "yes" when asked at an earlier debate if she would support Trump even if he was convicted of a felony. How could anyone support a candidate who said something like that?

Depends who we is in your thread. If it’s the hardcore liberals then Yeah I would say they should be supporting her over trump. But instead they are trashing her as well.
I would think they would want to support anyone not named trump.
Just because people are being critical of her actions in this instance doesn't mean they would favor Trump. How do you come to that conclusion?

Not going to read through all this trash but I find it comical that all the democrats and a portion of republicans say that Donald trump is the worst person ever. Yet here we have someone running against trump and it’s not stop hate for her.
Wouldn’t you want to support her to take over trump who is probably the biggest threat to the democrat party because of the MAGA cult?
I plan to do my part as a non-republican by registering and caucusing against Trump. The problem is there are far too many republicans who won't do the same thing.

What does her endorsement have to do with her performance as a governor?
I’m just proving that even if a republican candidate would denounce trump, democrats would still say that candidate is trash.
Thus I used Ernst as an example. She denounced trump yet she is still trash.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I’m just proving that even if a republican candidate would denounce trump, democrats would still say that candidate is trash.
Just because a Republican denounces Trump doesn't mean that the other party needs to like him or her. There are other issues that matter. Why are you so fixed on only one?

Just because a Republican denounces Trump doesn't mean that the other party needs to like him or her. There are other issues that matter. Why are you so fixed on only one?
It was my response to what nelly02 was saying. Reguardless of who the Republican Party picks, the liberals aren’t going to change their minds and actually consider a republican candidate.

First, Ernst is a senator, Reynolds is the governor.

Second, denouncing Trump - which Reynolds hasn’t done, is the minimum requirement; one would still need to be a decent candidate.

It was my response to what nelly02 was saying. Reguardless of who the Republican Party picks, the liberals aren’t going to change their minds and actually consider a republican candidate.
I wouldn't expect a liberal to do that. How many Republicans would vote for Trump even if a different Democrat emerged with the nomination. This elections will be about Independents and you are looking at it through a biased lens.

Of course not. The policies are not supportable from a liberal perspective. There are many Independents, however, who would. And what's left of the moderate, reasonable republicans.

I wouldn't expect a liberal to do that. How many Republicans would vote for Trump even if a different Democrat emerged with the nomination. This elections will be about Independents and you are looking at it through a biased lens.
not sure how I am looking at anything with a biased lens when all I said is even if the republicans elect someone other than trump, 90-100% of the liberals on here still won’t vote for the Republican Party candidate even if he/she is a good candidate.

I am totally open to voting for either party but know for a fact I won’t vote for Biden or trump. I guess that makes me biased.

Second, denouncing Trump - which Reynolds hasn’t done, is the minimum requirement; one would still need to be a decent candidate.
Ernst denounced Trump? Would love to see a link to her statements doing so.

Reynolds is a terrible Governor because of her policies. Supporting Trump and now Desantis just makes her worse.

You are correct. I meant to say Reynolds, and she has backed desantis and trump has called her out on it and she didn’t give into his bully tactics. How is that not denouncing trump

Ernst denounced Trump? Would love to see a link to her statements doing so.

Reynolds is a terrible Governor because of her policies. Supporting Trump and now Desantis just makes her worse.
I never said Ernst denounced Trump.
You are correct. I meant to say Reynolds, and she has backed desantis and trump has called her out on it and she didn’t give into his bully tactics. How is that not denouncing trump
Endorsing a different candidate and staying silent when attacked by Trump is not remotely the same as denouncing Trump.

Or do you think she won't ultimately endorse Trump for the general once he wins the nomination and/or DeSantis drops out?

not sure how I am looking at anything with a biased lens when all I said is even if the republicans elect someone other than trump, 90-100% of the liberals on here still won’t vote for the Republican Party candidate even if he/she is a good candidate.

I am totally open to voting for either party but know for a fact I won’t vote for Biden or trump. I guess that makes me biased.
I may have misinterpreted your political leanings. If so, my bad. However, expecting a registered Democrat to vote Republican right now is not realistic. Again, how many Republicans will vote for Trump over a good Democrat candidate not named Biden? You are really one-siding this.

Are you kidding? Supporting someone else means you denounce everyone else? That's absurd.

To denounce him she needs to do it publicly and consistently similar to what Chris Christie has done. And never support him in any form or fashion.

I never said Ernst denounced Trump.

Endorsing a different candidate and staying silent when attacked by Trump is not remotely the same as denouncing Trump.

Or do you think she won't ultimately endorse Trump for the general once he wins the nomination and/or DeSantis drops out?
Sorry - I replied to your post when I was addressing the previous post that said she denounced Trump.

I may have misinterpreted your political leanings. If so, my bad. However, expecting a registered Democrat to vote Republican right now is not realistic. Again, how many Republicans will vote for Trump over a good Democrat candidate not named Biden? You are really one-siding this.
How many democrats will vote for Biden over a good candidates not named trump. Probably the same amount. Yet I feel like many of the democrats on here just love to bitch about trump which they have all the right to but they would be and are bitching about any republican candidate. Which they are.

I believe I have yet to see anything about a possible Democratic candidate besides Biden being talked about much on here which I’d like to see. They can’t really think biden can serve another term can they?

How many democrats will vote for Biden over a good candidates not named trump. Probably the same amount. Yet I feel like many of the democrats on here just love to bitch about trump which they have all the right to but they would be and are bitching about any republican candidate. Which they are.

I believe I have yet to see anything about a possible Democratic candidate besides Biden being talked about much on here which I’d like to see. They can’t really think biden can serve another term can they?
Okay. Yet you won't answer on why it would also happen if the other way. Most registered Republicans would vote for Trump over any non-Biden nominee. Again, you aren't being honest that you aren't being biased.

I don't want to see anybody but Biden. He has done an impressive job so far

Democrats prefer Biden's policies which is what an election should be about. I am not a Democrat yet feel Biden would be better for our country than any of the Republican candidates being considered despite his limitations. A candidate like Kinzinger or Kasich would be worthy of consideration.

I am not a Democrat

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
Lol…has she categorically denounced Trump? Has SHE called him unfit for office? There are a number of people here who have voiced support for Christie because HE HAS DONE THAT! So you finding it “comical” that people here don’t support one of Trump’s many GOP enablers is…well…comical.

I would applaud them for denouncing Trump but I still wouldn't want them in office.

That might have been one of the funniest things I have ever seen on here.
That would be like me saying I am not a human being.
You didn't seem like a lying moron along the lines of Northern but maybe you are.

Before Trump I voted for more republican Presidential candidates than Democrats. Every since the Tea Party took over they have gone off the deep end. FFS, Richard Nixon would be a RINO now.

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
You didn't seem like a lying moron along the lines of Northern but maybe you are.

Before Trump I voted for more republican Presidential candidates than Democrats. Ever since the Tea Party took over they have gone off the deep end. FFS, Richard Nixon would be a RINO now.
And since you made the switch, you made a hardcore switch. You can’t listen to anything that’s not hard core liberal without bitching about it.

And since you made the switch, you made a hardcore switch. You can’t listen to anything that’s not hard core liberal without bitching about it.

Maybe that’s more an indicator of where the GOP is today.

I don’t consider myself a far left individual. But I simply can’t support a party that continues to hold up trump as its standard-bearer, defends the events of 1/6, and counts nuts such as Jordan and MTG as major voices in their caucus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT