ADVERTISEMENT

No excuses for the hawks but for you drama queens and kings - if your eyes tell

Hawkirish

HR All-State
Oct 2, 2002
you something isn’t right then maybe something isn’t right. There are 2 hawks that are both in the finals and don’t look like themselves and it’s pathetic to see some comments questioning their efforts. Here’s a fact - they had Covid and are gutting it out.

You won’t hear them use it as an excuse but c’mon enjoy the ride as they’ve battled and you have a team that should be in 2nd based on recruiting rankings and the $lush fund. Iowa has 1 guy that Carl wanted and 3 guys from their backyard that weren’t wanted by their home school have developed under TNT and are wrestling in the finals tonight. Recruiting rankings are important but there may be a reason or two that TNT don’t go hard after a few top guys - exhibit A is a certain dad of a penn state wrestler. Kids good but feel bad for him.

Go hawks!

you something isn’t right then maybe something isn’t right. There are 2 hawks that are both in the finals and don’t look like themselves and it’s pathetic to see some comments questioning their efforts. Here’s a fact - they had Covid and are gutting it out.

You won’t hear them use it as an excuse but c’mon enjoy the ride as they’ve battled and you have a team that should be in 2nd based on recruiting rankings and the $lush fund. Iowa has 1 guy that Carl wanted and 3 guys from their backyard that weren’t wanted by their home school have developed under TNT and are wrestling in the finals tonight. Recruiting rankings are important but there may be a reason or two that TNT don’t go hard after a few top guys - exhibit A is a certain dad of a penn state wrestler. Kids good but feel bad for him.

Go hawks!

Quit crying and worrying about who PSU recruited.

PSU chose Cenzo over Kem..worked out pretty well. Kem is great, get over yourself with the “they didn’t want them.”

We had NLEE so why would we go after Murin?

We had Berge so why go after Young?

If a few your guys are rusty because of Covid, you may/probably are right but what the hell does that have to do with PSU and who Cael recruited?

Amazing how in your (and many on HR) head PSU is. You’re about to win another B1G title and you’re worried about why Cael didn’t recruit Kem?

You should be 2nd base on recruiting? You have 6 seniors and we have 6 freshman? Not an apples to apples comparison..but go ahead and keep crying

Quit crying and worrying about who PSU recruited.

PSU chose Cenzo over Kem..worked out pretty well. Kem is great, get over yourself with the “they didn’t want them.”

We had NLEE so why would we go after Murin?

We had Berge so why go after Young?

If a few your guys are rusty because of Covid, you may/probably are right but what the hell does that have to do with PSU and who Cael recruited?

Amazing how in your (and many on HR) head PSU is. You’re about to win another B1G title and you’re worried about why Cael didn’t recruit Kem?

You should be 2nd base on recruiting? You have 6 seniors and we have 6 freshman? Not an apples to apples comparison..but go ahead and keep crying

PSU has been beating our brains in for a decade. Yet your fan base literally cannot stop obsessing over Iowas program... You need to rethink who’s in who’s head.

PSU has been beating our brains in for a decade. Yet your fan base literally cannot stop obsessing over Iowas program... You need to rethink who’s in who’s head.

How is that? Do you see constant crying on BWI over recruiting and who got who?

We’ve won last 8 of 9. We’re grateful as fans. When we were in midst of winning 8 of 9 I never cried over who recruited who.

I like you Gobblin so I’m not going to argue with you.

I’m not here to troll. I came yesterday to talk a little light hearted trash since it’s B1Gs.

Look at what OP posted and you tell me what the purpose of bringing PSU into conversation was? OP saying Covid may have guys rusty (I agree). But what’s with the “look at the guys PSU didn’t recruit” BS. They weren’t recruited because we got the better guy in each scenario. Even if it weren’t the case, who gives a crap

PS—Iowa got the best of the bunch (Lee). Do you see PSU ripping Lee? Or crying over it? Lee gets nothing but ultimate respect on BWI

this thread blows- even if we were rusty, that’s on wrestlers and the coaches. everyone else seems ok. I love our coaches but a few of these guys didn’t look good at all. must have trained through a whole tourney ;)

How is that? Do you see constant crying on BWI over recruiting and who got who?

We’ve won last 8 of 9. We’re grateful as fans. When we were in midst of winning 8 of 9 I never cried over who recruited who.

I like you Gobblin so I’m not going to argue with you.

I’m not here to troll. I came yesterday to talk a little light hearted trash since it’s B1Gs.

Look at what OP posted and you tell me what the purpose of bringing PSU into conversation was? OP saying Covid may have guys rusty (I agree). But what’s with the “look at the guys PSU didn’t recruit” BS. They weren’t recruited because we got the better guy in each scenario. Even if it weren’t the case, who gives a crap

PS—Iowa got the best of the bunch (Lee). Do you see PSU ripping Lee? Or crying over it? Lee gets nothing but ultimate respect on BWI

I don’t want to argue either, but it’s easy not to “bitch” about recruiting and who got who when you’re winning 8 of 9 titles while having a stable of top thoroughbreds like the college wrestling world has never seen.

If you say honestly that a decent chunk of your fan base doesn’t still gets their jollies giggling like school girls about anything negative Iowa, no matter how trivial, you’re fooling yourself.

It’s all just immature human nature/fan bullshit, but to pretend it doesn’t exist is disingenuous at best.

Good day. Hope everyone makes it to and through NCAAs healthy.

Last edited:
saying some if our wrestlers are reeling from covid is speculation.... could be some truth to it.... could be wrong that’s all conjecture..... Desanto obviously has an injured right hand and his style starts with a crushing grip..... Murin .... maybe he’s right but the Neb kid who beat him made the finals I believe.... Lee had a down performance by not tech falling the guy to the 3rd period? This tournament is in my mind as hard if not harder than nationals and we’re in position to win it so overall I’ll take it..... Murin and others should be ready to roll at Nationals in this asterisk of a season

Reactions: HawkFan1986
To come onto an opposing team's message board to do a "little trash talk" on the day they're going to beat your team seems an awful lot like that team is in your head.

Not to mention another of your team's fans coming to the board on the same day to make sure we all saw his Twitter bawl about his son supposedly being bitten.

#stayclassy #yeswearedefintelyinyourhead

saying some if our wrestlers are reeling from covid is speculation.... could be some truth to it.... could be wrong that’s all conjecture..... Desanto obviously has an injured right hand and his style starts with a crushing grip..... Murin .... maybe he’s right but the Neb kid who beat him made the finals I believe.... Lee had a down performance by not tech falling the guy to the 3rd period? This tournament is in my mind as hard if not harder than nationals and we’re in position to win it so overall I’ll take it..... Murin and others should be ready to roll at Nationals in this asterisk of a season

One of the guys we know had covid doesn’t look himself and has clearly been gutting it out physically. It’s not hard to connect those dots. Hopefully he can improve that in the next 10 days.

One of the guys we know had covid doesn’t look himself and has clearly been gutting it out physically. It’s not hard to connect those dots. Hopefully he can improve that in the next 10 days.
can you share who you mean? I personally only knew Young and Marrinelli had tested positive.... but don’t follow as close..., it honestly crossed my mind a few times.... all in all everything considered a good tough tournament so far for the Hawks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT