ADVERTISEMENT

No FSU or Clemson for now. Boo.

Eh, it's more of a "who do theses guys think they are?" kind of annoyance...I mean you did bring Trad and Goldie with the invasion, are you really that surprised some might find it annoying?🤣 Most fans whose team has sucked for 5 of the last 6 seasons would show a little humility but I'm just not seeing that and being told Wake and NC are better programs than Iowa by a moron like 76 is just ridiculous

We've been dealing with Nebraska talking shit for 3 decades regardless of how good they are and noles are a way bigger presence here so just not looking forward to more of that as you guys show your similarities. Just don't see that level of arrogance from other successful programs on here, some drop by game week then go away

Iowa is a state of 3 million with 2 p5 teams and very unfavorable demographics, Florida is 22 million with maybe the most ideal recruiting demographics and location with GA and AL right there. I just think you belong in the SEC, that's all. Am I not entitled to that opinion?

Edit: FL was absolutely critical in delivering the disastrous W and Trump presidencies so that probably fuels the annoyance but that's not for a football convo
Who do we think we are? A school with a recognized dynasty and 3 NCs.
And we're not going away because you stomp your feet.

I’m not sure this is over.
It’s far from over. The Big Ten and the SEC are basically cherry picking who they want to join. The PAC 12 (or 10 or 8 or whatever is left) is history. The Big 12 and ACC aren’t far behind.
I say we go get TCU and have a strangle hold on the DFW Metroplex, maybe Miami to get a toe in Florida, and North Carolina. Screw Clemson and FSU (no offense to our visiting Noles).

Bring on the Big Ten Big Ten division, with the post WW2 to Penn St lineup. Other than the championship game, play maybe one inter-division game, otherwise an old school Big Ten schedule from say like 1985.

Interesting point. I think we can agree that the Big Ten isn’t about to start kicking out a University that has been in the conference for a more than a century.

And as far as teams like OSU or Michigan leaving to join Top 10 programs in a super mega conference, I think that is unlikely although not impossible.

The Big Ten / Fox deals are what is paying them the big cash now. And if you are a OSU and want to make it to the top, do you want to play a Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Rutgers type schedule, or Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson , ND type schedule?

But who knows? Money rules. When I win Mega Millions tonight I will buy the Iowa athletic department and make sure nobody messes with the Hawks.
I have thought since this started that eventually the blue bloods will form a 30 team conference that resembles the NFL. That is the end game. I won't argue it on here but this is about money and I think that's where it ends up.

Haha, it was funny listening to noles spread disinformation acting like they could have been invited this week. Would have been gratifying seeing the nole reality check but this was obviously the right move.

Eugene and Seattle are infinitely better destinations and they will be better guests. They can actually speak proper English, way too keep it classy big tenđź‘Ť
“Too”???
Oh my. What a hit and a miss. If you’re going to swipe at someone you shouldn’t commit an unforced error while doing so.
And - it’s not over.

Its history puts it there. I’m speaking of the conference as a whole. Did you miss that?
You posted: “Did the P12 ever have any cream to be skimmed?” That is not speaking to the entire conference. And it wasn’t THAT long ago USC was a dynasty, without getting into its history.

Eh, it's more of a "who do theses guys think they are?" kind of annoyance...I mean you did bring Trad and Goldie with the invasion, are you really that surprised some might find it annoying?🤣 Most fans whose team has sucked for 5 of the last 6 seasons would show a little humility but I'm just not seeing that and being told Wake and NC are better programs than Iowa by a moron like 76 is just ridiculous

We've been dealing with Nebraska talking shit for 3 decades regardless of how good they are and noles are a way bigger presence here so just not looking forward to more of that as you guys show your similarities. Just don't see that level of arrogance from other successful programs on here, some drop by game week then go away

Iowa is a state of 3 million with 2 p5 teams and very unfavorable demographics, Florida is 22 million with maybe the most ideal recruiting demographics and location with GA and AL right there. I just think you belong in the SEC, that's all. Am I not entitled to that opinion?

Edit: FL was absolutely critical in delivering the disastrous W and Trump presidencies so that probably fuels the annoyance but that's not for a football convo
🤡💩

And this is why all of a sudden there is chatter about SEC and FSU and Clemson. This is why Paul Finebaum is suddenly sickly sweet about the Noles. ESPN and SEC are scared poopless right now if BIG plucks top 2 ACC programs. They would have been out maneuvered and don’t have even close to same product. While they were all grabbing ass and spiking football at adding Texas and Oklahoma, the PAC 10 just went poof and Big 10 got their best. USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington. Imagine adding Florida State and Clemson to that. Coast to Coast. Big schools. Big names. Huge alumni bases. Huge traditions. Number 1 Football and Basketball conference. Number 1 Olympic Sport conference. Number 1 Academic conference.

Meanwhile ESPN gets cut out of all the ACC and PAC 10 games with these teams and has a regional hillbilly conference. .

Last edited:
And this is why all of a sudden there is chatter about SEC and FSU and Clemson. This is why Paul Finebaum is suddenly sickly sweet about the Noles. ESPN and SEC are scared poopless right now if BIG plucks top 2 ACC programs. They have been out maneuvered and don’t have even close to same product. Coast to Coast. Big schools. Big names. Huge alumni bases. Huge traditions. And ESPN gets cut out of all the ACC and PAC 10 games with these teams.

PAC12 commissioner dropped his dick in the dirt so hard with the media deal that the 4 biggest markets left.

Big 10 will rightfully take a lot of heat for poaching, but UO and UW and even Arizon waited to see what kind of media deal they could get before leaving.

Reactions: noleclone2
FSU just doesn’t have the “it” factor for the BIG 10.

minnesota-fires-tracy-claeys-reactionjpg.jpg

63696a793ba85.image.jpg

images
55331993_original.jpg

20141129_jla_ax1_066.jpg-ebcf48ca82a5f15ab85a93408595138a

Its history puts it there. I’m speaking of the conference as a whole. Did you miss that?
Usc was damn good last year, they went 11-3 and their QB set the Usc td record and won the Heisman. He's coming back this yr as well. They are a top 10 team this year, oh, so is Washington. The B1G just got a whole lot better. Just imagine FSU, Clemson, Miami and ND added.

Usc was damn good last year, they went 11-3 and their QB set the Usc td record and won the Heisman. He's coming back this yr as well. They are a top 10 team this year, oh, so is Washington. The B1G just got a whole lot better. Just imagine FSU, Clemson, Miami and ND added.

Just adding FSU and Clemson would then give the Big a top 8-10 teams that more than matchup with the best of the SEC

There isn’t a Texas school worth A %*%* that is not already in the SEC.

It would be more about the footprint than anything...TCU brings the 5th largest TV market to the network.

Also leaves the SEC with a stranglehold over 6 states in recruiting...with a few toss up states.....and pretty much the rest of country Big Ten country.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT