ADVERTISEMENT

No FSU or Clemson for now. Boo.

You know what they have done? Make the CFP along with 3 teams from the big ten. Remind me how many have made it from the All Clemson Conference. Oh crap, I gave it a way
You are a blithering idiot. And clearly a juvenile. FSU has made the CFP along with Clemson. Whoops. And the last 10 years, FSU and Clemson have won 30 percent of the national championships in football. Last 30 years they have won 16.7% (Clemson 2, FSU 3) of the national championships. That is the same percentage as the BIG and PAC10 combined (USC 2, Ohio State 2, Michigan 1). FSU has won more national championships and been in more national championship games over the last 30 years than anyone in the current 18 teams of BIG10. They will be a fine addition to the conference and ensure the BIG is a national coast to coast conference. Currently FSU and Clemson are both viewed as potential playoff contenders for 2023 season and sitting on top 10 2024 recruiting classes. Truly asinine you think Oregon and Washington are greater additions than FSU and Clemson.

LMAO.....they are at the bottom of the ACC for eyeballs and Florida has far more population with far better recruits

Other than a far easier win, what does GT bring to the conference?
If the big ten goes into Florida it will be for the Miami / Ft Lauderdale / West Palm market.

• Haha
Reactions: noleclone2
Says the Iowa fan. Better academics and more rings. I’ll buy your hand a beer at Pints if we make it to Iowa for a game.
Jesus Christ people. Iowa and FSU are roughly the same school, in terms of rankings and professional schools. Florida has its ups and downs. Iowa has its ups and downs. FSU unquestionably has a football history which completely eclipses Iowa’s. FSU does not have a program which eclipses OSU’s. The end.

Aaaand another Midwestern blabber who doesn’t know the demographics of SoFla.
LOL I’m in Florida once a month, you old hag.

Did I say South Florida? They will get west palm all the way down to Miami (all within an hour). A lot better market than you panhandle hillbillies.

Did I say South Florida? They will get west palm all the way down to Miami. A lot better market than you panhandle hillbillies.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

If the big ten goes into Florida it will be for the Miami / Ft Lauderdale / West Palm market.
Looks like you have never been to South Florida.

miami-hurricanes-sparse-crowd.jpg

Now I can admit that Miami still has somewhat of a national brand, it shows in the TV ratings. But FSU is a bigger national brand and has even better TV ratings. Best in ACC.

Now I can admit that Miami still has somewhat of a national brand, it shows in the TV ratings. But FSU is a bigger national brand and has even better TV ratings. Best in ACC.

No FSU is not a bigger national brand. And ratings don't matter as much as TV sets. Good try though.

Not to mention Miami is a far better school and is already in the AAU

18 - Miami - Ft Lauderdale

104 - Tallahassee - Thomasville

Sandwiched between Davenport and Lincoln lol.

Did I say South Florida? They will get west palm all the way down to Miami (all within an hour). A lot better market than you panhandle hillbillies.

Yeah. Those West Palm, Ft Lauderdale, Miami people sure did tune in to watch da U last year.

The 2022 “4 million club”​

Here are all of the games that broke 4 million viewers this season:

1. Michigan at Ohio State — 17.14M
  2. Tennessee at Georgia — 13.06M
  3. Alabama at Tennessee — 11.56M
  4. Alabama at Texas — 10.60M
  5. Notre Dame vs. Ohio State — 10.53M
  6. Alabama at Mississippi — 8.71M
  7. Ohio State at Penn State — 8.27M
  8. Alabama at LSU — 7.58M
  9. Florida State vs. LSU — 7.55M
  10. Texas A&M at Alabama — 7.15M
  11. Army vs. Navy — 6.94M
  12. Florida at Florida State — 6.71M
  13. Notre Dame at Southern Cal, 6.68M
  14. Ohio State at Maryland — 6.60M
  15. Penn State at Michigan — 6.45M
  16. Auburn at Alabama — 6.27M
  17. Oregon vs. Georgia — 6.20M
  18. Alabama at Arkansas — 5.83M
  19. Florida at Georgia — 5.62M
  20. Michigan State at Michigan — 5.58M
  21. Florida at Tennessee — 5.57M
  22. Illinois at Michigan — 5.47M
  23. TCU at Texas — 5.03M
  24. NC State at Clemson — 4.98M
  25. Tennessee at South Carolina — 4.87M
  26. Clemson at Georgia Tech — 4.86M
  27. Ohio State at Northwestern — 4.76M
  28. Syracuse at Clemson — 4.75M
  29. Wisconsin at Ohio State — 4.59M
  30. Southern Cal at UCLA — 4.53M
  31. Georgia at Kentucky — 4.48M
  32. Tennessee at Pittsburgh — 4.46M
  33. Texas at Oklahoma State — 4.46M
  34. Ohio State at Michigan State — 4.44M
  35. Nebraska vs. Northwestern — 4.42M
  36. Maryland at Michigan — 4.38M
  37. Iowa at Ohio State — 4.38M
  38. TCU at Baylor — 4.35M
  39. Iowa State at TCU — 4.34M
  40. Kentucky at Florida — 4.33M
  41. Auburn at Georgia — 4.24M
  42. Michigan at Iowa — 4.20M
  43. Penn State at Auburn — 4.05M
  44. Kentucky at Tennessee — 4.04M
  45. Michigan at Indiana — 4.01M
There were 39 teams that played in at least one game that cracked 4 million viewers:

Yeah. Those West Palm, Ft Lauderdale, Miami people sure did tune in to watch da U last year.

The 2022 “4 million club”​

Here are all of the games that broke 4 million viewers this season:

1. Michigan at Ohio State — 17.14M
  2. Tennessee at Georgia — 13.06M
  3. Alabama at Tennessee — 11.56M
  4. Alabama at Texas — 10.60M
  5. Notre Dame vs. Ohio State — 10.53M
  6. Alabama at Mississippi — 8.71M
  7. Ohio State at Penn State — 8.27M
  8. Alabama at LSU — 7.58M
  9. Florida State vs. LSU — 7.55M
  10. Texas A&M at Alabama — 7.15M
  11. Army vs. Navy — 6.94M
  12. Florida at Florida State — 6.71M
  13. Notre Dame at Southern Cal, 6.68M
  14. Ohio State at Maryland — 6.60M
  15. Penn State at Michigan — 6.45M
  16. Auburn at Alabama — 6.27M
  17. Oregon vs. Georgia — 6.20M
  18. Alabama at Arkansas — 5.83M
  19. Florida at Georgia — 5.62M
  20. Michigan State at Michigan — 5.58M
  21. Florida at Tennessee — 5.57M
  22. Illinois at Michigan — 5.47M
  23. TCU at Texas — 5.03M
  24. NC State at Clemson — 4.98M
  25. Tennessee at South Carolina — 4.87M
  26. Clemson at Georgia Tech — 4.86M
  27. Ohio State at Northwestern — 4.76M
  28. Syracuse at Clemson — 4.75M
  29. Wisconsin at Ohio State — 4.59M
  30. Southern Cal at UCLA — 4.53M
  31. Georgia at Kentucky — 4.48M
  32. Tennessee at Pittsburgh — 4.46M
  33. Texas at Oklahoma State — 4.46M
  34. Ohio State at Michigan State — 4.44M
  35. Nebraska vs. Northwestern — 4.42M
  36. Maryland at Michigan — 4.38M
  37. Iowa at Ohio State — 4.38M
  38. TCU at Baylor — 4.35M
  39. Iowa State at TCU — 4.34M
  40. Kentucky at Florida — 4.33M
  41. Auburn at Georgia — 4.24M
  42. Michigan at Iowa — 4.20M
  43. Penn State at Auburn — 4.05M
  44. Kentucky at Tennessee — 4.04M
  45. Michigan at Indiana — 4.01M
There were 39 teams that played in at least one game that cracked 4 million viewers:
Good thing the Big Ten doesn’t look at one year of data to make a long term decision.

I already shared the market numbers with you and the possibilities of opening up the Miami - Ft Lauderdale market.

18 - Miami - Ft Lauderdale

104 - Tallahassee - Thomasville

Sandwiched between Davenport and Lincoln lol.
LOL. Well crap maybe you guys should go after Boston College. I mean, after all, you are totally right that population does tie directly into viewership and dollars which is why Rutgers is the most viewed and biggest brand team in the BIG thanks to that huge NYC and New Jersey college football watching demographic.

Good thing the Big Ten doesn’t look at one year of data to make a long term decision.

I already shared the market numbers with you and the possibilities of opening up the Miami - Ft Lauderdale market.
LMAO. You are being so stupid man.

Reactions: goldmom
No FSU is not a bigger national brand. And ratings don't matter as much as TV sets. Good try though.

FSU is a bigger national brand currently than Miami by just about any metric you want to pick. Revenue. Merchandise sales. Attendance. TV ratings. State of program.

LOL. Well crap maybe you guys should go after Boston College. I mean, after all, you are totally right that population does tie directly into viewership and dollars which is why Rutgers is the most viewed and biggest brand team in the BIG thanks to that huge NYC and New Jersey college football watching demographic.
More TVs = more eyeballs. This isn’t hard to grasp. Miami has won three national titles in my lifetime (born in 1988). They are a big brand and bring much bigger opportunities than the Tallahassee market.

Stop thinking so shortsighted.

I still don't get why people are so into more and more teams into the Big Ten. I would prefer we go back to a world of 10 team or less conferences. But beyond my personal preferences if you go to more than 16 teams in a conference pretty much any set up is unworkable. It's ridiculous, absurd.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Atlanta, which even at the fraction of the market GT has, is still more than FSU offers longterm.

Lol
Clearly doesn’t know the Atlanta market and ratings of FSU v. GT.

Exactly. I tried to find out how many alumni GT has in Atlanta compared to our 22,000 but could only quickly find where they said they had 50,000 in all of Georgia. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we had more alumni in Atlanta. Certainly the GT/FSU games in Atlanta are a min of a 60-40 split if not 50-50.

Reading FSU fans write about the reach of its brand is bordering on Nebraska lunacy

• Haha
Reactions: noleclone2
Again, if I am looking at this and making a long term business decision, I see a large top-20 market sitting at number 3 with the potential to grow exponentially.

This is all about potential and Miami has the tradition, the education, and the eyeballs.

I am really not trying to shit on FSU here (outside of my trollish comment to Goldmom lol). Miami just brings so much more potential money to the table in terms of television sets, which we know is how these decisions are being made.

FSU will end up in one of the two major conferences regardless.

FSU is a bigger national brand currently than Miami by just about any metric you want to pick. Revenue. Merchandise sales. Attendance. TV ratings. State of program.
And yet nobody north of Jacksonville knows what fsu. That has to hurt. And lol at using revenue and attendance talk about clueless.

Time to take off the nole glasses sparkles. You're nothing more than iowa. And don't get us wrong that pretty good. But what do you bring over another school. Tv sets? Nope. Academic? Plenty of options are better. Exotic location? Not in thr way we want. High income earners? Nope. Powerhouse program? Nope.

This isn't to say fsu is screwed. They might still get picked up by big or sec, but it's not as clear cut as you guys thing. Overall you're like a b- prospect. There is only one a+ so you got a shot. But will it be enough when this is all driven by tv sets, not ratings.

Again, if I am looking at this and making a long term business decision, I see a large top-20 market sitting at number 3 with the potential to grow exponentially.

This is all about potential and Miami has the tradition, the education, and the eyeballs.

I am really not trying to shit on FSU here (outside of my trollish comment to Goldmom lol). Miami just brings so much more potential money to the table in terms of television sets, which we know is how these decisions are being made.

FSU will end up in one of the two major conferences regardless.
The problem with your theory is that ACC thought same thing 20 years ago. It’s not happening. And I agree this is all in fun.

Most FSU fans want to be in BIG at this point. We would love to be a part of the tradition. And we would carry our weight generating dollars.

But like 40 years ago they were really good so....
We were really pretty good 40 years ago. It was the beginning of the Bowden reign and emergence as FSU into becoming one of the top tier football powers in the modern era.

30 years ago we won our first national championship.

10 years ago we won our third.

9 years ago we made the inaugural CFP

5 years ago, alas, after 36 consecutive seasons ending with a bowl game, we had a losing season.

1 year ago we were 10-3

This year we are a preseasons top 10 team.

Stop comparing us to Nebraska. Makes you look stupid.

We were really pretty good 40 years ago. It was the beginning of the Bowden reign and emergence as FSU into becoming one of the top tier football powers in the modern era.

30 years ago we won our first national championship.

10 years ago we won our third.

9 years ago we made the inaugural CFP

5 years ago, alas, after 36 consecutive seasons ending with a bowl game, we had a losing season.

1 year ago we were 10-3

This year we are a preseasons top 5 team.

Stop comparing us to Nebraska. Makes you look stupid.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

And yet nobody north of Jacksonville knows what fsu. That has to hurt. And lol at using revenue and attendance talk about clueless.

Time to take off the nole glasses sparkles. You're nothing more than iowa. And don't get us wrong that pretty good. But what do you bring over another school. Tv sets? Nope. Academic? Plenty of options are better. Exotic location? Not in thr way we want. High income earners? Nope. Powerhouse program? Nope.

This isn't to say fsu is screwed. They might still get picked up by big or sec, but it's not as clear cut as you guys thing. Overall you're like a b- prospect. There is only one a+ so you got a shot. But will it be enough when this is all driven by tv sets, not ratings.
I honestly don’t know how to respond to this stupidity. You are also crossed off the HORT tailgate guest list.

Hey Ignorant Hicks. No one watches Miami unless they are good, they have no actual fans and have a tiny alumni base. FSU had four times as many watchers than Miami last year. And we have as many alumni in South Florida as Miami does.

I still don't get why people are so into more and more teams into the Big Ten. I would prefer we go back to a world of 10 team or less conferences. But beyond my personal preferences if you go to more than 16 teams in a conference pretty much any set up is unworkable. It's ridiculous, absurd.
I think two things are in the works.

First is the bad part: college football is going the way of the NFL and professional sports. We already see it with NIL. So there is a desire to regroup and form larger conferences with more territory and strengthen their position for playoffs, which are expanding to a whopping 12 teams.

Second, this 12 team playoff is the holy grail. Making it and winning it is the prize. The reshuffling and reduction of conferences will reduce automatic bids. So the big prize is this means the BIG is going to be putting likely 3 teams, maybe even 4 some crazy years, into the playoffs. And that is the good news, because listen up Iowa fans, with BIG getting three teams in, you better start planning to feel the elation someday soon of making the playoffs. It’s going to happen. You just have to have that great year and finish in top 3. Think of all those years like 2015 and 2019 and early 2000s. Those teams would be in playoffs under this new world.

You are an unfortunate yet predictable product from the shallow end of the gene pool, aren’t you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT