ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody wants to play the Super Bowl halftime show....

Not the same thing. This is more like he comes to do HR for free for a day and then every company looking for an HR person sends him a job offer.

Wouldn't you work for free for a day if it meant a bigger opportunity later on?

Remember that most music artists just break even when they do a tour. The payoff of a tour is selling their music.

That is exactly what this is except it's an audience that is 1000 times bigger. They don't make money doing concerts anyways. So not getting paid is no big deal.
People playing the Super Bowl already have a ton of job offers. Katie Perry, Cold Play, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, etc. have already broke even by the time they were playing the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl can pony up. They're not a charity.

People playing the Super Bowl already have a ton of job offers. Katie Perry, Cold Play, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, etc. have already broke even by the time they were playing the Super Bowl.

Why pay for something that the best will do for free?

If the artists want the SB to pay they wouldn't play it for free.

Reactions: ghost80
In the past the Superbowl was great publicity for artists.

Justin Timberlake's Super Bowl Halftime Show Spurs 534% Sales Gain

Lady Gaga's Sales Surge Over 1,000% in Wake of Super Bowl Halftime Show

I don't think it would matter to the superstars if they were paid to do the SB halftime show this year. The problem is if preform many will think they support the treatment of Kapernick by the NFL and the POTUS. The lack of talent wanting to preform has nothing to do with reimbursement and everything to do with not wanting to be associated with either side of the kneeling controversy.

In the past the Superbowl was great publicity for artists.

Justin Timberlake's Super Bowl Halftime Show Spurs 534% Sales Gain

Lady Gaga's Sales Surge Over 1,000% in Wake of Super Bowl Halftime Show

I don't think it would matter to the superstars if they were paid to do the SB halftime show this year. The problem is if preform many will think they support the treatment of Kapernick by the NFL and the POTUS. The lack of talent wanting to preform has nothing to do with reimbursement and everything to do with not wanting to be associated with either side of the kneeling controversy.
I still think katy perry was way better than lady gaga but just my opinion

has taylor swift done it yet? she's due. also due is that country guy that looks ghey but he isn't I don't think, his name is luke something or other , luke Bryant or something . not a fan. I would be for miranda lambert doing it or sugarland now they are back together but sugarland is kind of washed up

For me, Prince set the standard that hasn’t been equaled since.

The NFL should invite the POTUS to speak at halftime regarding his concerns over kneeling. One third of the crowd will cheer, another third will boo and the last third will sit dumbfounded by the whole spectacle.

For me, Prince set the standard that hasn’t been equaled since.

The NFL should invite the POTUS to speak at halftime regarding his concerns over kneeling. One third of the crowd will cheer, another third will boo and the last third will sit dumbfounded by the whole spectacle.

what are you, 9 years old?

Up With People reunion !!!!

I wouldn’t mind a traditional 15 minute halftime and getting the game going again.

See who can toss a frisbee through the uprights for money would be cool. 100 yards is probably doable for some of high end disc golfers.

Not the same thing. This is more like he comes to do HR for free for a day and then every company looking for an HR person sends him a job offer.

Wouldn't you work for free for a day if it meant a bigger opportunity later on?

Remember that most music artists just break even when they do a tour. The payoff of a tour is selling their music.

That is exactly what this is except it's an audience that is 1000 times bigger. They don't make money doing concerts anyways. So not getting paid is no big deal.

I agree with the top of your post, but I think you are mistaken on how bands make money. They make less from cd sales and more from touring and playing live. The superbowl would boost everything for them though, like you said.

I agree with the top of your post, but I think you are mistaken on how bands make money. They make less from cd sales and more from touring and playing live. The superbowl would boost everything for them though, like you said.
Yeah, I had impression touring was quite profitable for music acts

I had read that the first time Katy Perry was offered she turned it down. She claimed it was mostly for the principle that the performers were being taken advantage of because of all the revenue being raised.

Her business people must have explained to her just how much she will make from the free publicity because she didn't turn it down the second time around.

I had read that the first time Katy Perry was offered she turned it down. She claimed it was mostly for the principle that the performers were being taken advantage of because of all the revenue being raised.

Her business people must have explained to her just how much she will make from the free publicity because she didn't turn it down the second time around.

My bad...they were actually asking her to pay a fee for her performance. That is pretty ballsy! Can't blame her for turning them down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT