ADVERTISEMENT

*****North Florida vs Iowa Game Thread*****

Dembele and Pryce I feel are coming down and playing like freshman

Brock and Owen playing like upper classmen

Hawks got the offense going in the 2nd half and threw a block party - at least Freeman and Dix did - but that first half was ass.

I know defense is extremely optional in Fran's system, but smaller school being allowed to put up 43 in a half?

🤮

Reactions: longliveCS40
Hawks got the offense going in the 2nd half and threw a block party - at least Freeman and Dix did - but that first half was ass.

I know defense is extremely optional in Fran's system, but smaller school being allowed to put up 43 in a half?

🤮
Lol this is our style of play. Love it or leave it.

Dembele and Pryce I feel are coming down and playing like freshman

Brock and Owen playing like upper classmen
You thought Brock had a good game? Interesting. I’m still waiting for him to live up to the hype. He’s a decent passer, but what else does he do? Not knocking the kid, I’m just not that impressed. Owen was amazing tonight!

You thought Brock had a good game? Interesting. I’m still waiting for him to live up to the hype. He’s a decent passer, but what else does he do? Not knocking the kid, I’m just not that impressed. Owen was amazing tonight!
Has potential. Plays decent defense but he's definitely a freshman and plays like it often.

Brock will be an amazing floor general and nothing tonight said otherwise

Reactions: Underscore2
He stays in front of his man more than most of the guards fran has ever had.
He quick.
He penetrates
He passes.
His shot will come with game experience.

He quick.
He penetrates
He passes.
As a senior at Moline, in the big games he was money shooting the ball, it will come, be patient!
He's not going to displace Bowen now that Desonte has started the season as the designated starter, but every game Brock gets in, he has to start hitting at least some of his shots to keep the defenses honest, right now not so much.
I still have faith that it will come when you least expect it!

He quick.
He penetrates
He passes.
He definitely has great court vision and can really pass. I hope his shot starts falling soon, for him and the team.

And some poster earlier said he needed to take a seat.
His offense is great but he again only had two rebounds and his defense is sub average. PMac had his second game of 5 or 6 rebounds and a nice offensive performance. All the people calling out PMac for not rebounding need to recognize his improvement and acknowledge that Krikke has to do better. We aren’t going to win in the Big with our center averaging 2 rebounds a game.

His offense is great but he again only had two rebounds and his defense is sub average. PMac had his second game of 5 or 6 rebounds and a nice offensive performance. All the people calling out PMac for not rebounding need to recognize his improvement and acknowledge that Krikke has to do better. We aren’t going to win in the Big with our center averaging 2 rebounds a game.
Krikke is not a center, not in this league, and never will be. He's a forward at best, but Fran is trying to put a square peg in a round hole, Ben can't jump more then 2 inches and expecting him to be a consistent rebounder is going to be a challenge for him in every game. Putting Freeman in at center and moving Ben to the power forward is what Fran needs to do, but is he willing to keep his second son on the bench to back up Payton. His son's minutes need to be cut back.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
Won't get any better on the bench.

Substituting defense for offense is not in Fran's playbook. If a player can score, that player gets minutes. Doesn't matter if they can't rebound or stay in front of their man on D.

Krikke is not a center, not in this league, and never will be. He's a forward at best, but Fran is trying to put a square peg in a round hole, Ben can't jump more then 2 inches and expecting him to be a consistent rebounder is going to be a challenge for him in every game. Putting Freeman in at center and moving Ben to the power forward is what Fran needs to do, but is he willing to keep his second son on the bench to back up Payton. His son's minutes need to be cut back.
Center or PF, he should be rebounding a lot better than 2 a game. I agree that him and Freeman should play together. Don’t look now, but PMac has been playing and rebounding VERY well the past couple of games. Outplayed Payton last night and the prior game. And I’m a big fan of Payton.

Center or PF, he should be rebounding a lot better than 2 a game. I agree that him and Freeman should play together. Don’t look now, but PMac has been playing and rebounding VERY well the past couple of games. Outplayed Payton last night and the prior game. And I’m a big fan of Payton.
Being a starter is overrated, it's how many minutes a player gets that count.
Krikke and Freeman need to be on the court the most along with Tony, and Dix. Payton and Patrick can share the 40 minutes at small forward. Desonte and Brock should split the 40 minutes as well. That's not set in stone, but those 8 need to play a lot if Iowa is going to finish at least 500 in the Big. Play Dembele and Pryce when appropriate as those two have not shown the improvement needed to warrant more minutes.
That's how I see things going forward and Monday is just a game that Iowa needs to play knowing that their chances of upsetting Purdue is slim to none. It has the chance to be a really ugly game.

Being a starter is overrated, it's how many minutes a player gets that count.
Krikke and Freeman need to be on the court the most along with Tony, and Dix. Payton and Patrick can share the 40 minutes at small forward. Desonte and Brock should split the 40 minutes as well. That's not set in stone, but those 8 need to play a lot if Iowa is going to finish at least 500 in the Big. Play Dembele and Pryce when appropriate as those two have not shown the improvement needed to warrant more minutes.
That's how I see things going forward and Monday is just a game that Iowa needs to play knowing that their chances of upsetting Purdue is slim to none. It has the chance to be a really ugly game.
pu winning by 20+ with control of the game in its entirety is my expectation.
If Iowa makes it remotely challenging, something like within 10 points with 5 minutes to go, that would be a significant accomplishment even if the final score doesn't reflect that. As with the football team, getting demolished on the road early by a much better team doesn't define the season.

pu winning by 20+ with control of the game in its entirety is my expectation.
If Iowa makes it remotely challenging, something like within 10 points with 5 minutes to go, that would be a significant accomplishment even if the final score doesn't reflect that. As with the football team, getting demolished on the road early by a much better team doesn't define the season.
Exactly! Iowa has been put in these situations many times in the past and have come out and finished the season on a high note.
There will be many games in the Big Ten this year that Iowa can win and make up the loss to Purdue, just stay healthy and take care of business against Michigan at home and don't worry about how many points Iowa loses at Purdue. Purdue is going to boat race many teams this year in the Big Ten, but won't go undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT