ADVERTISEMENT

Not concerned about conditioning

Welcome to the ignore list.
1166.gif

There are bigger issues in life than if Iowa wins it or PSU. Wrestling is a sport. I love it but it is an escape. Truth hurt? No. No pain or truth.

Just another loud mouth adolescent mentality using keyboard courage to stir a pot.
Sorry you cant accept facts. This is not a top 3 team right now, and nothing they're doing shows they're on target to be one. Sorry I'm not all sunshine and rainbows.

Reactions: hawknut
There are bigger issues in life than if Iowa wins it or PSU. Wrestling is a sport. I love it but it is an escape. Truth hurt? No. No pain or truth.

Just another loud mouth adolescent mentality using keyboard courage to stir a pot.
Sorry you cant accept facts. This is not a top 3 team right now, and nothing they're doing shows they're on target to be one. Sorry I'm not all sunshine and rainbows.

Bring some facts then.
You can’t, they don’t exist.
You have to wrestle it to know.
Basing a empty comment on an eyeball test or rankings is childish. No one is number 1 or 3 or 10 right now. That is March and there is a lot of road between here and there.

Besides, you don’t care about facts. Seems you just want to take shots. If your not going to bring something constructive or even a reasonable discussion without trying to say your opinion is fact, just don’t post.

Reactions: Exo and LutherAce
Tough to say the Hawksbill not be a top 3 team. Truth is that PSU seems to be way ahead of the field, but I have a hard time thinking the Hawks are not going to be a top 3 team this year.

Reactions: The catman
Bring some facts then.
Basing a empty comment on an eyeball test or rankings is childish. No one is number 1 or 3 or 10 right now. That is March and there is a lot of road between here
Actually PSU is number 1 right now. Thats a fact....

Let’s be honest. It’s a top three team right now. PSU is so good you dont realize Iowa is pretty solid. PSU has set the bar so high right now it just seems a team like Iowa isn’t great. They are still pretty damn solid. Pry have 7 AA with maybe two champs. That’s really a damn good team.

Who else is going to score more than the Hawks? Ohio State maybe? Mizzu NO. Okie state? No. Cornell? No. NC state? No. Michigan? NO. Minnesota no.

Your just writing like
another loud mouth adolescent mentality using keyboard courage to stir a pot.
Right on.
Another green ribbon expert with low estrogen

Reactions: HamWentworth
Bring some facts then.
Basing a empty comment on an eyeball test or rankings is childish. No one is number 1 or 3 or 10 right now. That is March and there is a lot of road between here
Actually PSU is number 1 right now. Thats a fact....

Nope. Until March, it is an estimate. Guess.
I can agree with the opinion but not taking that kind of crap as fact. They have to go wrestle it like the rest of them.

Let’s be honest. It’s a top three team right now. PSU is so good you dont realize Iowa is pretty solid. PSU has set the bar so high right now it just seems a team like Iowa isn’t great. They are still pretty damn solid. Pry have 7 AA with maybe two champs. That’s really a damn good team.

Who else is going to score more than the Hawks? Ohio State maybe? Mizzu NO. Okie state? No. Cornell? No. NC state? No. Michigan? NO. Minnesota no.
2 champs?

Probably 7 AAs??

Man, that would be an outstanding tournament showing by the Hawks. 7 AAs - PSU will be fortunate to achieve that.

Potential AAs is one thing, but likely is a whole nother ball game. Unless you are a top 4 type guy at a weight, AA can be dicey. You are not going to get a great seed because the other conferences records are generally better as the B1G beats itself up, and it only takes a bad bracket or somebody good getting upset to ruin your tourney.

Right now that's probably Spencer and Marinelli, with Stolls health being a question mark. Everyone else is a whole lot of what if something good or bad happens. Usually you get some of both.

That's not just Iowa, its everybody. If you added up the total of AA type guys from all the fanbases before March, it would probably be north of 150.

Probably 7 AAs??

Man, that would be an outstanding tournament showing by the Hawks. 7 AAs - PSU will be fortunate to achieve that.

Potential AAs is one thing, but likely is a whole nother ball game. Unless you are a top 4 type guy at a weight, AA can be dicey. You are not going to get a great seed because the other conferences records are generally better as the B1G beats itself up, and it only takes a bad bracket or somebody good getting upset to ruin your tourney.

Right now that's probably Spencer and Marinelli, with Stolls health being a question mark. Everyone else is a whole lot of what if something good or bad happens. Usually you get some of both.

That's not just Iowa, its everybody. If you added up the total of AA type guys from all the fanbases before March, it would probably be north of 150.
A lot of goons on here were talking 9-10 AAs, not much real thinking going on. Also many thought lugo would contend for a title and wilcke would pick it up being at his weight. LOL

I can tell the posters that never played sports past JV high school. The overreaction after every win or loss is hilarious. Also it's sometimes about the kid they are up against as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like I can tell who has wrestled and who hasn't, on the board. This is a tough, grueling sport; a constant grind. It's extremely tough to consistently dominate at any level, especially D1. I wish some posters here knew it wasn't the end of the world if Spencer doesn't get a tech or Marinelli has to gut out a match. Every match is a learning experience and what happens at the big dance is most important. Go Hawks!

You know we're in first and have 6 guys in the finals, right?
You know the wonder boy at 197, who many had penciled in the finals, just got teched and then beat by a nobody. You know the guy who was supposed to make leaps and bounds being down at 184 has looked average, at best. The 149 pounder who many thought was high AA can't finish a shot against guys with a pulse. The heavyweight can't even wrestle most of the time

You know the wonder boy at 197, who many had penciled in the finals, just got teched and then beat by a nobody. You know the guy who was supposed to make leaps and bounds being down at 184 has looked average, at best. The 149 pounder who many thought was high AA can't finish a shot against guys with a pulse. The heavyweight can't even wrestle most of the time

A post like this would get someone banned from BWI.

Probably 7 AAs??

If you asked me who would AA and champ today I would say
Champ still would be Lee. My thought on Alex would be champ

Other AA.
Desanto
lugo
Wilcke
Warner
stoll

If that happens great! That’s a big season. When you don’t land #1s at every weight your not going to catch PSU. They land the 1’s and turn them into all timers right now. Hard to stop that train.

If you think Iowa is going to compete you may be high and I would like to smoke what you have.

We have a great group of kids but a lot of them right now are Fringe AAs. Now it’s early and thing change drastically in the four months of wrestling but right now PSU has four champs pry and 2 others who may make the finals with the right draw.

Reactions: wasdt21
I’ve always been in the camp that if we’re not first, we’re last. Dan Gable set a standard here. Tom Brands goes by that same standard. I was excited about our bonus points and finish last year. I will be delighted again if we show up and put on a show/finish top 3 but I consider a non-title year as disappointing.

We were never going to win the title this year
for starters. Tom has changed his philosophy a bit the last few years on conditioning/peaking in March. We will be ready in March.

For me, the alarm will sound if we are not national champions in 2020.

Reactions: bawlmerhawk

I wish you were right but this team is not at the level you described right now IMO. Lee and Bull are the only two I am feeling confident about scoring significant points, ie over 15. AD, Lugo, Young, Wilke and Stoll have a shot if they can progress more.

Reactions: HeathForrester
How is it not a top 3 team? This year's midlands was arguably tougher than last years and we scored almost 30 more team points.

Our team depth is deep regardless of what you think. We lost Sorensen, but let's face it, he wasn't a barn burner at 149. We will qualify 10 guys which is hugely beneficial. We didn't even qualify at 133 and DeSanto has already locked that up and will at score a handful of points regardless of him AAing or not.

The biggest question is whether or not we'll perform, but the ass hats like you thought we'd get smoked last year and surprised everyone. There's no reason to doubt these kids just yet. Pump the breaks and cool your jets.

Reactions: SlothHawk
I wish you were right but this team is not at the level you described right now IMO. Lee and Bull are the only two I am feeling confident about scoring significant points, ie over 15. AD, Lugo, Young, Wilke and Stoll have a shot if they can progress more.

Yes wish with me Don’t let the rest of cesspool take your hopes down for these kids.

There have been a number of comments from the staff the last month or so of a few kids being dinged up and “working through things” (relatively minor injuries/illnesses I would guess). It was mentioned again before/at the start of Midlands when asked how Nelson Brands was doing. They obviously give no specifics, but you kind of have to wonder how much this may affect the explosiveness, mobility and stamina of guys like Lee, Warner, and Stoll - and possibly others. Just a thought, not trying to make excuses.

Last edited:
Pee Pee is back

Reactions: wasdt21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT