ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Has a lot to do with it actually.

Trieu doesn't put in Crystal Balls unless he's very sure. ISU will fight, but we have a good edge with him right now, and Dotzler being almost a lock to Iowa will do nothing but help those chances.
Yeah, there is now a local guy in Wisconsin and Iowa's 247 guy that put in picks to Iowa. The Wisconsin guy has a high confidence in the pick so I would guess he has heard things locally. And like you said his friend and teammate is all but a lock to pick Iowa.

He's got a final 7 and we are by far the closest from home. Getting him back to IC when all the other guys are here on OV's is pretty big.
Yeah but he has been on unofficials before. Whole other level of interaction with the program and coaches on an OV. Think they only way they have a chance is to get an OV but I still think it is a longshot.

Yeah but he has been on unofficials before. Whole other level of interaction with the program and coaches on an OV. Think they only way they have a chance is to get an OV but I still think it is a longshot.
Is there really a difference outside of getting wined and dined? I'm assuming he is still meeting with coaches, he's likely already seen the dorms, and he knows guys that are on the team.

None of what you've said is accurate.

Mods at other site already addressed.

He gets the same interaction with coaches and players. He's just responsible for paying his own way, which is fine. He's staying with his friends and lives in the same state.

None of what you've said is accurate.

Mods at other site already addressed.

He gets the same interaction with coaches and players. He's just responsible for paying his own way, which is fine. He's staying with his friends and lives in the same state.
Ok

Aaron Graves
Defensive End
6’5 260
Out of all the instate guys in this class, Graves is easily the best imo. He’s big, strong, and physical. And believe me, I’ve watched a lot of film on recruits, and Graves has easily one of the best first steps I’ve ever seen out of an Iowa defensive end recruit. As far as a comparison, I would say Matt Roth/Jared Devries. He’s going to have a great career and I’ll enjoy watching it unfold.

Caden Crawford
Defensive End
6’5 240
When I started seeing all the forecasts and CB’s coming in, I got giddy. Having Crawford opposite of Graves is going to make for an extremely salty end duo in the future. Crawford is extremely physical and while not as good as Graves, still has a great 1st step off the line. For a comp, I was struggling to find a good one until someone said Drew Ott. Crawford and Ott were/are very similar in size and playing style. Crawford will need to put on the Braithweight, and likely won’t have much of an impact until his RS SO season imo.

Jack Dotzler
Offensive Tackle
6’7 265
Was there ever any doubt he was going to be a Hawkeye? He’s a great start to the 2022 OL class. He had some good offers, including PSU, IU, ISU, and Purdue. He has a very good frame to work with. What I see when I watch his tape is his lateral mobility not many high school guys who are 6’7 265 have the side to side motion Dotzler does. He is strong, but he definitely needs to weight room. He’s very lean, so he needs to add the muscle on. I’d guess he won’t make much of an impact until his redshirt sophomore/junior year, because of all the talent in the OL room. When he does make an impact, it’ll be a big one though. Can’t wait to watch him progress and make a big impact over the course of his college career.
Added Jack Dotzler player breakdown.

OSU is finishing up a big recruiting weekend today. Many '22 OSU commits were in this weekend along with top uncommitted targets. Among the uncommitted to visit were the top 2 safeties OSU is targeting, Zion Branch and Xavier Nwankpa. OSU already has a commitment from safety Kye Stokes. I'm now seeing a futurecast for Branch to OSU. (Branch is probably down to OSU and USC). If Branch does officially commit or indicates to staff he will in the future, how does this affect Nwankpa's decision? OSU would take those 3 safeties in this class but the likelihood both Branch and Nwankpa would commit is highly unlikely.

OSU is finishing up a big recruiting weekend today. Many '22 OSU commits were in this weekend along with top uncommitted targets. Among the uncommitted to visit were the top 2 safeties OSU is targeting, Zion Branch and Xavier Nwankpa. OSU already has a commitment from safety Kye Stokes. I'm now seeing a futurecast for Branch to OSU. (Branch is probably down to OSU and USC). If Branch does officially commit or indicates to staff he will in the future, how does this affect Nwankpa's decision? OSU would take those 3 safeties in this class but the likelihood both Branch and Nwankpa would commit is highly unlikely.
Why would Xavier be afraid of the competition? If he wants to go to OSU, that's where he'll end up.

The "recruiting guru" on CF wants this guy bad
The same guy that has an admitted communication disability but tweets at high school kids? Those are his words not mine. He is still the “guru” that breaks down tape and tweets at kids? No f’n way. I know a ton of people including family members with that disability they were born with, and there are plenty of jobs out there, but breaking down tape and tweeting at kids should not be one of them.

Reactions: HerkyFan
The same guy that has an admitted communication disability but tweets at high school kids? Those are his words not mine. He is still the “guru” that breaks down tape and tweets at kids? No f’n way. I know a ton of people including family members with that disability they were born with, and there are plenty of jobs out there, but breaking down tape and tweeting at kids should not be one of them.

Not sure about all that but it's the guy that runs the Cylights Twitter account.

Have you made it to the lake yet? Done any fishing? Have a beer and ignore the Clowns. Catch some fish. I wish I could be doing that.

Have you made it to the lake yet? Done any fishing? Have a beer and ignore the Clowns. Catch some fish. I wish I could be doing that.
No. Boy played senior year soccer on 1 leg and needs minor knee surgery this week. Held off so he could play. Gray - you can PM me and use my place when I am not there or others are there. Multiple posters have done so. I told Fever, was just leave gas in the boats, don’t wreck the place, and I don’t drink when up there so if you do try and replace it so others that do have it. Don’t have to pay anything except for meals, bait and entertainment. I have 2 weddings and a trial this summer plus boy going to college so I won’t get the full months.

Keller with a CB to Wisky. It's the Badger guy, tho.
Not over yet. He still doesn't officially have an offer, and they have some ground to make up with him.

I don't have any inside info, but it's not too hard to think Keller could be turned off by their strategy with him.

That guy is hilarious. He is a joke and I can’t believe people over there take him seriously
The funniest thing is he said I am an incompetent cause lawyer didn’t get Arland Bruce eligible earlier. Well by the IHSAA rules I got AB eligible 25 days earlier than the rules state because I was busy filing in Court to keep the heat on the Association for expedited rulings. Second, and no offense to my lawyer friend who repped Valley’s QB Rubley, but the same Judge who ruled Bruce eligible 4 days later said Rubley was ineligible. So if that is incompetence by me I will take it (plus with AB playing as much as he did went from a 3 to 4 star). I think he is ranled higher than every ISU recruit. So maybe that guy should get his facts straight. I am not the best lawyer but did OK for AB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT