ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

ISU has 11 commits and are ranked 43rd nationally...not that great. Iowa has 7 commits and are ranked 49th nationally. Plus Iowa got a highly ranked kicker to walk on. Is MC really doing that well? If Iowa can get some to fall their way this could end up a solid class. But yes Keller is a good get for them.
TOS has him as their top ranked recruit in their 11 man class so far. 😎❤️🏈

Reactions: millhawk
Don’t post there. They (well a couple people) post a fair share about me but I don’t post there.

I put four of them on ignore today. As much as I enjoyed Texan 06's latest manifestation, this place is crawling with ISU evangelists.

I put four of them on ignore today. As much as I enjoyed Texan 06's latest manifestation, this place is crawling with ISU evangelists.
Yeah when we were slipbobbering so had time I noticed I had posted 4 times generally and their little group posted 12 times against me. Nice comments they share.

What does an OOS license cost in Minnysoda these days?
Now this is a tough question since I go to the same place for license and bait. Have known them for years. They have seen different females and my kids are older but always give me a yearly family license price. Which I don’t know cause also get 3 dozen jumbo leeches, 2 dozen shiners and 2 dozen crawlers to start.

BTW just done with dinner. And now gonna pull number 5 shad raps and with the weather fire tigers raps should light them up. Hoping for 12 eyeballs tonight. Will catch rock bass and maybe a large early, hopefully not a northern. Then all eyes.

Reactions: grayhair81
BTW just done with dinner. And now gonna pull number 5 shad raps and with the weather fire tigers raps should light them up. Hoping for 12 eyeballs tonight. Will catch rock bass and maybe a large early, hopefully not a northern. Then all eyes.
I caught some good fish up in Ely this week. A few Northerns, some rock bass, and some really nice Walleye. I’m going to be eating pretty well the next couple weeks.

Yeah when we were slipbobbering so had time I noticed I had posted 4 times generally and their little group posted 12 times against me. Nice comments they share.

every time you post about them here we all lose. Stop it no one cares. Seriously they are living rent free in your head.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
every time you post about them here we all lose. Stop it no one cares. Seriously they are living rent free in your head.
Actually u r way wrong. I am fishing all summer and they post about me about 8/1. So who the f is living rent free pro? Stop being a total prick.

I caught some good fish up in Ely this week. A few Northerns, some rock bass, and some really nice Walleye. I’m going to be eating pretty well the next couple weeks.
BTW sorry and u and Gray should apologize about fishing. Cause God knows there is so much constructive and coherent conversation on the board.

Might not mean anything, but I noticed tOSU just got a commitment from the #4 ranked safety in the 2022 class.

In the same rankings at the same position, Xavier is the #5 guy.

Reactions: VicHawkeye
Actually u r way wrong. I am fishing all summer and they post about me about 8/1. So who the f is living rent free pro? Stop being a total prick.

again no one cares here and I’m far from the first one to say that. Stop going to their site and letting us know every time. For someone fishing you tend to let us know quite frequently what they say. I even said it in a previous thread when you aren’t posting about what some clone loser says on their site you make good points.

Might not mean anything, but I noticed tOSU just got a commitment from the #4 ranked safety in the 2022 class.

In the same rankings at the same position, Xavier is the #5 guy.
The only safety in our (OSU) '22 class is Kye Stokes, who is ranked as the #18 safety in the Rivals database. OSU would like to add at least 1 additional safety in the class. X and Zion Branch, #6 safety, are the 2 we are heavily recruiting. OSU would definitely take both commitments but I don't see both coming here.

BTW sorry and u and Gray should apologize about fishing. Cause God knows there is so much constructive and coherent conversation on the board.

You have nothing to apologize for. Fishing is appropriate conversation anytime anywhere. I have put eight vermin on ignore in the past day or so. From now on, EVERY Clown troll goes on it.

ISU has 11 commits and are ranked 43rd nationally...not that great. Iowa has 7 commits and are ranked 49th nationally. Plus Iowa got a highly ranked kicker to walk on. Is MC really doing that well? If Iowa can get some to fall their way this could end up a solid class. But yes Keller is a good get for them.

yes good point. Isu off to a good start and after last year figure would have positive momentum but not like they are lighting the world on fire. Plus look at last 2 classes they weren’t ranked very high. Like Iowa more developmental program so maybe not as worried like Iowa fans where they ranked but both of them pretty far down on the list in the 50s. little early to stake claim recruiting better now because they beat out Iowa for one TE.

fact is every year iowa and isu will reel in players the other offered being 100 miles apart. Last class Iowa did a phenomenal job of recruiting a deep in state class beating out isu for a ton of them and getting talent like Bruce (isu offer) and Johnson 4* out of state with an awesome OL group. If Iowa can land deyo will have gotten 2 of 3 in state with isu having zero so far. Little slow start but nothing to get worried about too much so far even with the misses at TE this week.

Reactions: millhawk
The only safety in our (OSU) '22 class is Kye Stokes, who is ranked as the #18 safety in the Rivals database. OSU would like to add at least 1 additional safety in the class. X and Zion Branch, #6 safety, are the 2 we are heavily recruiting. OSU would definitely take both commitments but I don't see both coming here.
My mistake on Branch, I read the 24/7 as a commitment and it's only a CB.

yes good point. Isu off to a good start and after last year figure would have positive momentum but not like they are lighting the world on fire. Plus look at last 2 classes they weren’t ranked very high. Like Iowa more developmental program so maybe not as worried like Iowa fans where they ranked but both of them pretty far down on the list in the 50s. little early to stake claim recruiting better now because they beat out Iowa for one TE.

fact is every year iowa and isu will reel in players the other offered being 100 miles apart. Last class Iowa did a phenomenal job of recruiting a deep in state class beating out isu for a ton of them and getting talent like Bruce (isu offer) and Johnson 4* out of state with an awesome OL group. If Iowa can land deyo will have gotten 2 of 3 in state with isu having zero so far. Little slow start but nothing to get worried about too much so far even with the misses at TE this week.
Talent pool of D1 talent level recruits in state is larger than 2-3. Not sure how many both offered, but it is more than that. I get your statement is accurate if only looking at the top three ranked recruits, just wondering why you stopped there? Iowa has clearly had the dominant upper hand in instate recruiting for several years, so not challenging your point.

Talent pool of D1 talent level recruits in state is larger than 2-3. Not sure how many both offered, but it is more than that. I get your statement is accurate if only looking at the top three ranked recruits, just wondering why you stopped there? Iowa has clearly had the dominant upper hand in instate recruiting for several years, so not challenging your point.

sorry should’ve been more clear talking about 4* in state recruits at the end. Iowa has graves. Sitting good for deyo. Figured Nwankpa will leave state for school like Ohio st. Point was Iowa has done well getting some of the top ranked guys in state and seems like the ones we don’t get have been going out of state not to isu like fidone or max duggan.

Team recruiting rankings mean absolutely nothing this early in the cycle, you have to wait until the recruit #'s start to balance out before they're even close. Do you really think Bama will end up 17th with their '22 class? That's where Rivals has them now.

If anything, this early you need to look at the average recruit ranking rather than the team stat.

Reactions: Cydkar
again no one cares here and I’m far from the first one to say that. Stop going to their site and letting us know every time. For someone fishing you tend to let us know quite frequently what they say. I even said it in a previous thread when you aren’t posting about what some clone loser says on their site you make good points.
You did say that which was appreciated. What is your early take on why ISU has the momentum? And to be more clear, I know it is a combo but do you think it is more ISU’s recent success or the “issues” from last year in IC?

Last 4* TE Iowa signed was Ray Hamilton in 2011. Highest-ranked TE they have signed since is Yelverton who was 19th in his class. Hawks rarely get highly-rated TEs but they consistently develop them into elite players.
247 has Lachey as a 4 star.

Things change. Trieu dropped the info on Keller looooooong before there was ever any doubt with him. They're still way ahead of the other recruiting services.

Nothing changed with Keller at all. He liked Iowa State the entire time. He liked their offense and coaches more than Iowa's from the beginning and that's ok, it happens. I just find these crystal ball writers hilarious, that's all

It's not surprising that offensive players would choose the Big 12/defense optional route.

Being All Big 12 on defense is similar to being the tallest midget.

Reactions: BBHawk
You did say that which was appreciated. What is your early take on why ISU has the momentum? And to be more clear, I know it is a combo but do you think it is more ISU’s recent success or the “issues” from last year in IC?

I think it’s more of Campbell being the hot coach nationally which is a double edge sword. Because of the negative recruiting I’m sure people are in the ears of recruits saying he will eventually leave but a good problem to have like KF in 04-05. Plus having a good season last year always helps. Thing is they aren’t landing top tier 4* minus 1 last class late getting players and doing better against schools like kstate, wvu, Minny, Michigan st, Colorado type etc. teams like Iowa competes against a lot for players like Keller who are high 3*. Be interesting if they land any big fish 4* in this class.

not sure how much Iowa’s issues played out with 2 LB they got. Both white and one I read was an isu fan. My 2 cents the biggest issue felt it even before the Riley-decker rumored comments is of one issue on a negative thing still hanging around the program from last summer is retention of BF. We all know Kirk will never fire him but I wouldnt be sad if he ever left for a MAC HC job or something. but one silver lining of that whole mess is really hinders his chances of replacing KF. But have heard plenty of posts here, stories from friends who coach HS football and for me from one individual who knows person in the program about BF being very arrogant and smug with an elitist attitude because of his last name.

I think it’s more of Campbell being the hot coach nationally which is a double edge sword. Because of the negative recruiting I’m sure people are in the ears of recruits saying he will eventually leave but a good problem to have like KF in 04-05. Plus having a good season last year always helps. Thing is they aren’t landing top tier 4* minus 1 last class late getting players and doing better against schools like kstate, wvu, Minny, Michigan st, Colorado type etc. teams like Iowa competes against a lot for players like Keller who are high 3*. Be interesting if they land any big fish 4* in this class.

not sure how much Iowa’s issues played out with 2 LB they got. Both white and one I read was an isu fan. My 2 cents the biggest issue felt it even before the Riley-decker rumored comments is of one issue on a negative thing still hanging around the program from last summer is retention of BF. We all know Kirk will never fire him but I wouldnt be sad if he ever left for a MAC HC job or something. but one silver lining of that whole mess is really hinders his chances of replacing KF. But have heard plenty of posts here, stories from friends who coach HS football and for me from one individual who knows person in the program about BF being very arrogant and smug with an elitist attitude because of his last name.
Great info thanks. I have always been worried about BF. Leave aside his temper, or OC acumen, but he does not seem to connect all that well with recruits. Maybe I am totally wrong. But dropping the “name card” when your Dad is pretty humble never works out well IMO.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT