ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Hkfan23 is such an obvious troll. He comes on this thread and repeats all the false allegations and pretends outrage in an attempt to derail another thread into the sewer. Mods please delete his most recent post in this thread.
Um no and simply repeated for those who missed why it got deleted. And said they were false. And I don’t care if the thread is deleted. I do like your moniker BYW.

You would think a fanbase on the verge of their best season ever would spend more time talking to each other about their team. But no. The hatred and envy they have for everything U of I supercedes anything positive in their world. This is why I detest them so vigorously. They feel better when Iowa loses than when their team loses.
How is the fishing?
Gray-fishing was great last week. Just got back up. Today was not so good. Always tomorrow!

See Blair just predicted MRD to Auburn. Not good…. For being TEU we’ve sure struggled with these last 2 classes getting someone in.

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
Don’t disagree there but sucks felt like this kid could’ve been the next fant. For hype we’ve had with TE think we could’ve landed a big fish at the position like him. Makes it worse he grew up a hawk fan.
With the transfer rules in place, he could end up at Iowa. But I think that ship will pass. Iowa does too good of a job developing TEs. His loss, not Iowa’s, if he goes elsewhere.

With the transfer rules in place, he could end up at Iowa. But I think that ship will pass. Iowa does too good of a job developing TEs. His loss, not Iowa’s, if he goes elsewhere.
Yes, three of the top four on their depth chart are freshman at Auburn. 😎❤️🏈

It would be a serious gut punch if all these guys that came in last weekend went elsewhere… especially the ones considered to be “locks.”
Between the unfavorable forecasts and Tyler Barnes tweet today it sounds like the staff is getting killed by other coaches. Which we knew would happen. It definitely looks like it will start to sting

It would be a serious gut punch if all these guys that came in last weekend went elsewhere… especially the ones considered to be “locks.”
Between the unfavorable forecasts and Tyler Barnes tweet today it sounds like the staff is getting killed by other coaches. Which we knew would happen. It definitely looks like it will start to sting
It's 1 guy so far.

We were considered to be a longshot for Bostick 2 weeks ago. We're in the driver's seat for Laughery, Deyo, will get 1 of Carter or Allen, and are making up ground with Livingston and Stokes.

Chill.

Reactions: bojihawk44
It's 1 guy so far.

We were considered to be a longshot for Bostick 2 weeks ago. We're in the driver's seat for Laughery, Deyo, will get 1 of Carter or Allen, and are making up ground with Livingston and Stokes.

Chill.
Yeah I get what you’re saying… but it’s not one guy. It’s Ricky Parks, Olakudon, the 4* linebacker from Missouri last year that eliminated Iowa in the summer after he took a visit in Spring (specifically citing race issues- name slipped my mind).
Now we’re struggling to land tight ends (!!!) that 1- grew up a Hawkeye fan and 2- lives in Wisconsin and doesn’t have a Badger offer.
There is a lot of time left in the cycle and I hope they can reel some of these guys in, but I don’t have a good feeling about it. Anyone is free to disagree of course.

Yeah I get what you’re saying… but it’s not one guy. It’s Ricky Parks, Olakudon, the 4* linebacker from Missouri last year that eliminated Iowa in the summer after he took a visit in Spring (specifically citing race issues- name slipped my mind).
Now we’re struggling to land tight ends (!!!) that 1- grew up a Hawkeye fan and 2- lives in Wisconsin and doesn’t have a Badger offer.
There is a lot of time left in the cycle and I hope they can reel some of these guys in, but I don’t have a good feeling about it. Anyone is free to disagree of course.
What? 3 guys over the course of a year? You're joking right?

Parks wasn't due to the racial stuff. Utah turned it on the last 2 weeks of his recruitment. That's from Sean Bock and David Eickholt.

Oladokun waffled and lost his spot. And he tried to get back on board late and the staff told him no. Isaac Thompson was a safety, and was more turned off by the way Iowa slow plays offers, which is a personal preference.

What? 3 guys over the course of a year? You're joking right?

Parks wasn't due to the racial stuff. Utah turned it on the last 2 weeks of his recruitment. That's from Sean Bock and David Eickholt.

Oladokun waffled and lost his spot. And he tried to get back on board late and the staff told him no. Isaac Thompson was a safety, and was more turned off by the way Iowa slow plays offers, which is a personal preference.

Olakudon specifically called out the race issues in his decommit tweet.

Add Skyler Bell to the list as well- Diante Vines HS teammate who was all Iowa until the last minute when he wasn’t. He also cited the race issues as a reason he didn’t come.
Isaac Thompson is quoted below. Not sure how you got “slow play” as the answer he didn’t want to come to Iowa:

“When I saw all the racial issues that came out against Iowa football, I was so shocked. I’ve been up there twice now and really loved Iowa and the city. When I saw all of these allegations about the program, it really rubbed me the wrong way,” Thompson told HN.

“It was hard for me to believe that my family and I liked it so much and it was going to be one of my top schools. To know that if I would’ve ended up going there, I could’ve been involved in all the racial stuff is tough for me. Coach (Levar) Woods and coach (Phil) Parker are great people and coaches, and I still have a good relationship with coach Woods, but I would be lying if I said I was still considering the University of Iowa.”

Add Skyler Bell to the list as well- Diante Vines HS teammate who was all Iowa until the last minute when he wasn’t. He also cited the race issues as a reason he didn’t come.
Isaac Thompson is quoted below. Not sure how you got “slow play” as the answer he didn’t want to come to Iowa:

“When I saw all the racial issues that came out against Iowa football, I was so shocked. I’ve been up there twice now and really loved Iowa and the city. When I saw all of these allegations about the program, it really rubbed me the wrong way,” Thompson told HN.

“It was hard for me to believe that my family and I liked it so much and it was going to be one of my top schools. To know that if I would’ve ended up going there, I could’ve been involved in all the racial stuff is tough for me. Coach (Levar) Woods and coach (Phil) Parker are great people and coaches, and I still have a good relationship with coach Woods, but I would be lying if I said I was still considering the University of Iowa.”
“I would be lying if I said that it didn’t have an impact."

Skyler Bell's father said Iowa's racial investigation mattered during the recruiting process and impacted his son's decision to pick Wisconsin.
^^Thats from a Scott Dochterman tweet last summer.. also- how many guys went elsewhere that didn’t pick up the phone because of this BS? It’s not just a guy here or there. Like I said, I hope they can reel these guys in (Deyo, MRD, Keller, etc), but I don’t feel confident.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
He called them out 6 months after they happened. And then ended up not just out of the P5, but out of the FBS entirely at Samford. Staff told him no.

No, he didn't. We had 3 WRs in the fold already. We wanted him but didn't make him a priority and I'm sure he saw a lack of targets as a result.

That was right when the allegations came out. When the school started to address it, his father mentioned that Iowa wasn't completely out yet, but Parker was insistent that he visit before they offer.

He called them out 6 months after they happened. And then ended up not just out of the P5, but out of the FBS entirely at Samford. Staff told him no.

No, he didn't. We had 3 WRs in the fold already. We wanted him but didn't make him a priority and I'm sure he saw a lack of targets as a result.

That was right when the allegations came out. When the school started to address it, his father mentioned that Iowa wasn't completely out yet, but Parker was insistent that he visit before they offer.
Dude - I am literally quoting the kids and their parents saying that race issues had an impact on their decisions not to consider Iowa. It’s a problem. It’s not just 2-3 kids over the course of a year.

Dude - I am literally quoting the kids and their parents saying that race issues had an impact on their decisions not to consider Iowa. It’s a problem. It’s not just 2-3 kids over the course of a year.
I think Twins & CryClowns have waaaay to much time on their hands creating new handles & acting like Hawk Fans. As a whole look back @ the last recruiting class, #24. We will be fine.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
*Dated quotes. Again, the information I have comes from people who talk to these kids on a weekly basis.

It has just been 2-3 so far. And while there could be a handful more in the next few years, they're not basing it on good intel.

Reactions: Bozo2020
*Dated quotes. Again, the information I have comes from people who talk to these kids on a weekly basis.

It has just been 2-3 so far. And while there could be a handful more in the next few years, they're not basing it on good intel.

This class will be a challenge. But I believe in the staff. We don't how many athletes have steered away from Iowa football due to culture issues raised by former players

I’m admittedly pretty new to the message board game. I live in Wisconsin but was raised a Hawkeye fan. There aren’t many people here that care too much about Iowa sports so I get a few kicks posting every now and then. I make it to Kinnick for at least one game every year and see family that lives in Eastern IA. That’s my story.

I’m lost on this. So the kid/family “loved” it based off own personal experience and visit. But because they heard some things they decided to not come. Hmmm, pretty sheepish.

And if all this is true why would any of the current players who host/spend time with on visits not let recruits know now or in the past? All very strange

A lot of posters here will feign ignorance because they don’t want to admit that there is/was a racial problem at Iowa last year. All of those guys will say there were zero racist situations and it was only ever “tough love” despite numerous (black) players saying otherwise.
It’s a tough pill to swallow for some, and I liken it to the same types of folks that defended JoePa and other similar situations. You see a program you love and just can’t fathom that it’s not some perfect paradise or something.
Like it or not, the racial issues we had last year are having a huge impact on our recruiting. It’s ok to admit that. Things will get better, but it’s a bit ridiculous that some of these dudes are puffing out their chests like it doesn’t matter and how we don’t need a highly rated recruit because we’ll somehow land the next Hockenson from down the road.

I’m lost on this. So the kid/family “loved” it based off own personal experience and visit. But because they heard some things they decided to not come. Hmmm, pretty sheepish.

And if all this is true why would any of the current players who host/spend time with on visits not let recruits know now or in the past? All very strange

Yeah. Kind of like LeShun Daniels being in the program for two years and his family allowing his younger brother to follow him to Iowa's Klan chapter. We are a society that puts great value on being a victim. This is all BAU.

A lot of posters here will feign ignorance because they don’t want to admit that there is/was a racial problem at Iowa last year. All of those guys will say there were zero racist situations and it was only ever “tough love” despite numerous (black) players saying otherwise.
It’s a tough pill to swallow for some, and I liken it to the same types of folks that defended JoePa and other similar situations. You see a program you love and just can’t fathom that it’s not some perfect paradise or something.
Like it or not, the racial issues we had last year are having a huge impact on our recruiting. It’s ok to admit that. Things will get better, but it’s a bit ridiculous that some of these dudes are puffing out their chests like it doesn’t matter and how we don’t need a highly rated recruit because we’ll somehow land the next Hockenson from down the road.
It can be seen all over the sports world- not to mention politics. In the early 2000s, Kobe Bryant was getting booed out of every arena during his rape case, but got “M-V-P”chants in LA. Barry Bonds was a doper and a ‘roid freak but was defended in SF while getting mercilessly booed in every road stadium. Ryan Braun too. Same with JoePa, Houston Astro’s, etc.
It’s kind of fascinating psychology.

I don’t think that’s too hard of a concept to grasp… recruiting visits are designed to be fun and IC is a great town. The coaches are great at their jobs. But when something like June 2020 happens and a bunch of former players start publicly talking, that can (and did) have an impact.
Picture it like this- you meet a bombshell at a college bar and have a great conversation and think she’s super into you. Then you excitedly run and tell a friend what’s going on and he laughs and says he knows 6 guys in the last month that have “connected” in the same way (if you catch my drift). It would significantly change your opinion, right?

I don’t think that’s too hard of a concept to grasp… recruiting visits are designed to be fun and IC is a great town. The coaches are great at their jobs. But when something like June 2020 happens and a bunch of former players start publicly talking, that can (and did) have an impact.
Picture it like this- you meet a bombshell at a college bar and have a great conversation and think she’s super into you. Then you excitedly run and tell a friend what’s going on and he laughs and says he knows 6 guys in the last month that have “connected” in the same way (if you catch my drift). It would significantly change your opinion, right?
Pics?

• Haha
Reactions: Bozo2020
If we can’t get a kid that grew up an Iowa fan that also plays TE then something is very wrong. Especially considering we can’t seem to get any other highly rated TE recruits in any of the other classes. Something seems off.

Last 4* TE Iowa signed was Ray Hamilton in 2011. Highest-ranked TE they have signed since is Yelverton who was 19th in his class. Hawks rarely get highly-rated TEs but they consistently develop them into elite players.

Ok, so you’re saying the players that host these athletes lie and haven’t said a word to any incoming recruit before last years events? KF has that kind of power and control? Context to facts you spit here as gospel.

Please tell me why players in a current toxic environment wouldn’t let other players that are potentially coming to Iowa know about it for the past 20 something years. Why are there black coaches on the staff who have been here long term and continue to be hired here if the environment is exactly what you’re stating.

Nobody knows the truth either way but an accusation does not make it factual and for you to be on here and say it’s fact because somebody said so and the other side hasn’t said anything or the other side you don’t believe doesn’t make you right and everybody else wrong there is a process.

But if what you’re saying is true there should be absolute backlash and we should know who hosted which players and why the hosting players didn’t warn the new recruits of these major issues going on for decades. Accountability Has to go both ways

Reactions: hawkosx
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT