ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Someone with kids involved with athletics at SEP. It's not first hand but I believe his thoughts. If what he told me was true the Hawkeye ship has definitely sailed.

I know your not him. That’s just a schtick he pulled out of his butt a couple months ago. Maybe I’ll stop by and say hi!
Oh. Haha. My bad. My friend had 2 kids graduate from there and has 2 still in school there so he hears plenty.
You're definitely more than welcome to stop by and tailgate a bit. We will be getting after it.

Pretty sure the Wiltfong CB isn't a lowering of confidence, but a brand new one...

Also, heard somewhat similar on Proctor. Not that Iowa is 100% out of the race, but the lure of the big programs might be too much, considering he's now rated as the 2nd/3rd best OT in the country and the number 11 recruit overall.

Those suck, but aren't really surprises. Fortunately OT is stacked right now with young guys, and Phil Parker has proven time and again he can get it done whether or not he's got Nwankpa's or King's as recruits.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Pretty sure the Wiltfong CB isn't a lowering of confidence, but a brand new one...

Also, heard somewhat similar on Proctor. Not that Iowa is 100% out of the race, but the lure of the big programs might be too much, considering he's now rated as the 2nd/3rd best OT in the country and the number 11 recruit overall.

Those suck, but aren't really surprises. Fortunately OT is stacked right now with young guys, and Phil Parker has proven time and again he can get it done whether or not he's got Nwankpa's or King's as recruits.
Got a text and he said Iowa has actually made up alot of ground with Xavier and isn't out of it.

Reactions: BigOHawk and BBHawk
I think Iowa is top 3 for Xavier. I think it is between OSU, Notre Dame and Iowa. What helps for Iowa is the NIL pitch they gave him and that he has friends on the team.

I think Iowa is top 3 for Xavier. I think it is between OSU, Notre Dame and Iowa. What helps for Iowa is the NIL pitch they gave him and that he has friends on the team.
I have to wonder how much the NIL money would appeal to him. If he likes the idea of making a good chunk of coin in college, he will make a ton of money at Iowa.

Reactions: David1979
2 prolly is more likely if 1 happens first and would REALLY help get recruiting momentum rolling again.

Regardless of where they both go, it’s a positive sign to be in the conversation with them.
One has nothing to do with the either, Also Xavier just tweeted that he is going where he is shown the most love. No one knows where the kid is going.

Not so sure osu is in it too much anymore. NIL, friends on the team and family are all pretty big factors keeping the Hawks in it.

Reactions: biggreydogs
He literally stated he's looking to scheduled a visit to an OSU game.
I understand that. It just sounds like some other big name schools down south have made up some ground too and osu has lost some ground. Idk. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens.

I understand that. It just sounds like some other big name schools down south have made up some ground too and osu has lost some ground. Idk. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens.
And not let it impact my days when he chooses one way or the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT