ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Is there more to his recruiting than meets the eye? Curious that as a decent 4* he hasn't committed somewhere yet. Obviously this would be an awesome get if we can get him, assuming no off the field issues.

He's been a backup plan for his previous top schools and they haven't went all in on him/filled up at the position. Penn State has two top 100 type RB committed, FSU has others above him on their board, who knows what South Carolina is waiting on. I like the kids game, personally.

This basically says that none of his current offers are what he wants. Time to move on
I agree with others he’s holding out on psu. I think he knows with Iowa and Illinois being top 2 he’s considering with actual offers that he can be patient with what both schools have in their class now he will still have an offer weeks if not months from now (especially Iowa with our smaller class).

which I’m fine with. glad kid is doing it how he is and not committing just to decommit for that last minute offer he is hoping for. Which btw psu has huge class already top ranked by rivals with multiple 4* DE already.

I agree with others he’s holding out on psu. I think he knows with Iowa and Illinois being top 2 he’s considering with actual offers that he can be patient with what both schools have in their class now he will still have an offer weeks if not months from now (especially Iowa with our smaller class).

which I’m fine with. glad kid is doing it how he is and not committing just to decommit for that last minute offer he is hoping for. Which btw psu has huge class already top ranked by rivals with multiple 4* DE already.
Yeah it sounds very unlikely that PSU offer comes unless their class just implodes.

Trieu over at 247 thinks Iowa still holds the edge.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Yeah it sounds very unlikely that PSU offer comes unless their class just implodes.

Trieu over at 247 thinks Iowa still holds the edge.
Yeah I’m sure Franklin is telling him if some decommits or transfers out before signing you may have a spot but odds probably aren’t in his favor with class they have already. We see Iowa do this. Albeit to lesser degree with guys with MAC or MVC offers and some OL players especially instate with only isu offers.

Yeah I’m sure Franklin is telling him if some decommits or transfers out before signing you may have a spot but odds probably aren’t in his favor with class they have already. We see Iowa do this. Albeit to lesser degree with guys with MAC or MVC offers and some OL players especially instate with only isu offers.
And Trieu just put in a CB for Penn State for a 4-star DE. Add that to the 4 guys they already have committed, and Allen is waiting for an offer that's not coming.

Hopefully he realizes where he's wanted and not an afterthought. That type of slight is what drove guys like Geno Stone.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
And Trieu just put in a CB for Penn State for a 4-star DE. Add that to the 4 guys they already have committed, and Allen is waiting for an offer that's not coming.

Hopefully he realizes where he's wanted and not an afterthought. That type of slight is what drove guys like Geno Stone.
I miss Geno Stone.

I really wish Iowa could get another 2022 commit already. This is really disheartening. We have a ton to offer and can't get anyone to commit.

Why do they need a third DE in this class anyway? I would think in a year with limited schollies, they wouldn't take more two.
Iowa has signed quite a few high school DEs in recent years. It seems obvious to me that Parker and Bell like to recruit the outside guys and then select a few to move to the interior.... Waggoner, Bruce, Black, and Jones come to mind. MIght as well just assume that a DE recruit might end up playing any position on the DL.

Iowa has signed quite a few high school DEs in recent years. It seems obvious to me that Parker and Bell like to recruit the outside guys and then select a few to move to the interior.... Waggoner, Bruce, Black, and Jones come to mind. MIght as well just assume that a DE recruit might end up playing any position on the DL.

Agree. I just don't see Allen as much of a loss. Far more interested in other positions.

Why do they need a third DE in this class anyway? I would think in a year with limited schollies, they wouldn't take more two.
Sounds like Graves projects inside as of right now.

Also, Allen is not a "loss" yet. He's waiting on an offer that is unlikely to come. Once he realizes that, Iowa is in a good spot.

Sounds like Graves projects inside as of right now.

Also, Allen is not a "loss" yet. He's waiting on an offer that is unlikely to come. Once he realizes that, Iowa is in a good spot.
We've only had 15 official visits so far. Anyone know how many schools get to have in any year ? No new visits scheduled as of today. Really starting to feel this could be a really small class 12-15 total. 😎❤️🏈

We've only had 15 official visits so far. Anyone know how many schools get to have in any year ? No new visits scheduled as of today. Really starting to feel this could be a really small class 12-15 total. 😎❤️🏈

Of course it'll be a small class. There are only like 10 scholarship seniors.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Of course it'll be a small class. There are only like 10 scholarship seniors.
And, with a class this small you have to be selective and be certain you are bringing the guys you want and not just filling open space. I think we should just relax and let the recruiting cycle play out. In the end, I believe we will be happy with this class.

Reactions: fezzador
And, with a class this small you have to be selective and be certain you are bringing the guys you want and not just filling open space. I think we should just relax and let the recruiting cycle play out. In the end, I believe we will be happy with this class.
And in this instance, it's the quality and not the quantity. Recruiting rankings use both factors to determine the top class. If Alabama only signed 12 kids - even if it was like a 5 star, 9 4 stars, and 2 3 stars - they wouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 list, probably closer to 20. In reality though, they churn out pro-caliber players at a dizzying rate and there is a very real need for them to sign 20+ per cycle because they have so many players leaving early.

He said he may announce by the 23rd
Looks like from front page Blairs tweet makes it sound like he is announcing today at 1pm. Must have come to the conclusion PSU wasn't offering. That being said would love for Iowa to land him. Looks like it is a 2 horse race between Iowa or Illinois.

Reactions: ThisHawks4u
He posted I'm staying home but yet he's out in CT for prep school? Wouldn't it be I'm coming back home? Anyways would've been a nice get put we got some young guys and 2 already in this class on the DL not the end of the world.

Reactions: herkhatescy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT