ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

Eli Raridon is an interesting prospect. Big kid who is an excellent Basketball player for Valley, here in WDM. I went to that Valley game when they got ripped by ANKENY with a friend who goes to every game. Eli made a terrific catch along the sideline. When I mentioned it to my buddy, he said,
“Yes, it was a great catch... which is surprising.”
So I pressed him on it, saying that basketball players usually have really good hands...?

He said, “Yes, usually they do. Eli has the body and speed for a great TE, but ... hands? Not so much.”

So, naturally that got me thinking that he might be one of those TE prospects the staff immediately turns into an OL with some size and athletic ability. I will be watching this as closely as I can.
That’s interesting. I’m not sure I would want a TE who struggles with hands. And he’s not an athletic freak like Fant.

New name on the radar for a '21 RB? Iowa checking in on this prospect from Louisiana.
Kendrell Williams

Decent tape from a 2-star, has an Army offer, not a burner however long strides and does run away from defenders. Team threw him the ball a lot too, willing blocker, team looks like they run stretch plays too. Interesting...Hawks have options if Sanders goes to ISU.

He doesn't shy away from contact and seems to initiate it. Would definitely bring thunder to T-Goods lightning

That’s interesting. I’m not sure I would want a TE who struggles with hands. And he’s not an athletic freak like Fant.

I think you missed the point of my post. While he would come in as a TE, I would expect the staff to turn him into an OL, almost immediately. We have good luck doing that in the past. IIRC, Gallery, Steinbach, Plumb are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. I know there are others. I think these types tend to have pretty good athletic ability and “good feet” compared to most OT’s coming in as freshman.

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
I think you missed the point of my post. While he would come in as a TE, I would expect the staff to turn him into an OL, almost immediately. We have good luck doing that in the past. IIRC, Gallery, Steinbach, Plumb are a couple I can think of off the top of my head. I know there are others. I think these types tend to have pretty good athletic ability and “good feet” compared to most OT’s coming in as freshman.
I can see that. Ike Boettger also kinda fit that mold too (as did Robert Gallery and Riley Reiff).

Given the body type ... he's currently long and lean. However, with development ... that athletic build, combined with a disposition that enjoys the violence and contact involved in blocking ... it definitely could definitely translate to OL.

Two new CB's to Iowa from Norte Dame and Florida recruiting experts for Mike to IOWA this morning. This makes a total of 5 new CB's in the last 24 hours for mike to Iowa. Looking REALLY good for bomber's replacement !! 😎❤🏈
Oh I hope so. That would be such a huge recruiting victory.

Sharar is going to be so goddamn good. I haven’t watched a film like that in my lifetime. Not insanely athletic but absolutely fearless and trust himself at a young age - Campbell like

He's very athletic imo...he runs well. He's a very good basketball player.

Reactions: Tytyhawk
Oh I hope so. That would be such a huge recruiting victory.

It would be for sure. It would also mean that the staff hit on 5 out of 6 recruiting targets for the oline. Unless you count Mbow but I think they passed on him after they got a couple of commits.

I heard we backed off Mbow after getting Davidkov IIRC.

Hawk in Central - thanks for the intel. Also, it is my understanding we never offered Mbow, Maro or Moore. Am I wrong on that? I thought I read somewhere recently that we did offer that TE Moore but he chose ISU. But I could have sworn as much as he wanted Iowa like Maro we never offerered either.

Hawk in Central - thanks for the intel. Also, it is my understanding we never offered Mbow, Maro or Moore. Am I wrong on that? I thought I read somewhere recently that we did offer that TE Moore but he chose ISU. But I could have sworn as much as he wanted Iowa like Maro we never offerered either.
We did offer Mbow but backed off after we got Stephens and Davidkov. We never offered Maro because there was no need. I really can’t tell you the deal with Moore. Most sites show we never offered but there are some out there claiming we did.

We did offer Mbow but backed off after we got Stephens and Davidkov. We never offered Maro because there was no need. I really can’t tell you the deal with Moore. Most sites show we never offered but there are some out there claiming we did.

Thanks buddy. I would be shocked if we offered since I know he is a Hawk fan. Doesn’t mean we didn’t late after we missed on a couple TE’s but I never heard we actually offered. I do know had we offered earlier it was a no-brainer.

I’m a bit worried about Imming. He didn’t really grow up a fan of either team and the experts think he’s a clown lean. I have heard that he really does like Kirk and Wallace.
Imming’s brother Alex was a walk-on a few years back and I believe he was largely disappointed in his time, not sure he was given much of a shot. Alex, in my eyes, was one of the best Sioux City athletes of my lifetime and I figured he would make waves. I have fallen away from hs sports so I’ve not seen this Imming play.

Thanks buddy. I would be shocked if we offered since I know he is a Hawk fan. Doesn’t mean we didn’t late after we missed on a couple TE’s but I never heard we actually offered. I do know had we offered earlier it was a no-brainer.
He looks like an ok prospect but he doesn’t seem to the mold of an Iowa TE. Not good enough all around TE play and doesn’t have great speed.

Any relation to this guy?

8995-orig.jpg

(sorry if that joke has been used)

Imming’s brother Alex was a walk-on a few years back and I believe he was largely disappointed in his time, not sure he was given much of a shot. Alex, in my eyes, was one of the best Sioux City athletes of my lifetime and I figured he would make waves. I have fallen away from hs sports so I’ve not seen this Imming play.

Jacob Imming is considered a high end prospect, Alex was not. Matt Campbell is making him a priority, another in-state loss here to Iowa would make those in Ames piss sideways. Lber isn't a priority for Iowa but the one they want the most is the Bonnema kid from Michigan.

Jacob Imming is considered a high end prospect, Alex was not. Matt Campbell is making him a priority, another in-state loss here to Iowa would make those in Ames piss sideways. Lber isn't a priority for Iowa but the one they want the most is the Bonnema kid from Michigan.
Bonnema is target number one at LB for sure. We pulled in 4 guys who will play LB this year and we brought in Higgins in 2020. Not much of a need for LB in this class.

Reactions: millhawk
True, but the main reason that Iowa used to do that was they struggled to find top of the line tackle prospects. We seem to be bringing guys now that are much more ready to play sooner both in size and experience. Plumb is an outlier currently with some of the tackles they have brought in recently.

True, but the main reason that Iowa used to do that was they struggled to find top of the line tackle prospects. We seem to be bringing guys now that are much more ready to play sooner both in size and experience. Plumb is an outlier currently with some of the tackles they have brought in recently.

You're right and there's two good tackle prospects in Iowa for the '22 class. I believe Spruceton Buddenhagen and Kale Krogh are both projected as ot's. Buddenhagen if offered likely will be a Hawk.

I wouldn't mind seeing this class of olinemen:

OG Nick Herzog
OG Carson Hinzman (I think we have a chance)
OT Kale Krogh (we haven't offered yet)
OT S. Buddenhagen (we haven't offered yet)

And there's Deuce McGuire from Illinois who's getting some good options. I don't know if he's a tackle or guard but he likes Iowa. We haven't offered yet.

Reactions: David1979
i guess its looking like ISU got us in getting the RB from arizona . Stay classy hawk fans, we will get ours

I agree. Iowa wants him but sounds like ISU. As I have said not going to do “we didn’t want him anyway” BS. Great get and we shall see as with all recruits how it works out.

New name on the radar for a '21 RB? Iowa checking in on this prospect from Louisiana.
Kendrell Williams

Decent tape from a 2-star, has an Army offer, not a burner however long strides and does run away from defenders. Team threw him the ball a lot too, willing blocker, team looks like they run stretch plays too. Interesting...Hawks have options if Sanders goes to ISU.
His sophomore year he won state in the 400 meter dash running 48.97.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT