ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2022 Recruiting Thread*****

So I was doing some poking around and I’ve got my predictions for the in-state class done and ready to go.

Nwankpa- He will be going out of state to a blue blood. I can’t see him staying here and it would be a miracle if he did.

Hunter Deyo- Iowa fan and loves Ferentz/Parker=Hawkeyes

Eli Raridon and Gabe Burkle- these guys are the top TE’s in the state currently. Iowa will get one and ISU will get the other. I’d say Burkle is likely the one Iowa will get, but we are also in a great spot for Raridon. I personally like Burkle more.

Spruceton Buddenhagen- Really nice looking tackle and he is an Iowa fan. Should we offer, it’s very likely an insta-commit.

Will McLaughlin- grew up a clone and it sounds like that’s the direction he’s headed. Hope the staff can do some work to flip him.

Jaxon Dailey- I have no clue what he’s going to do. My guess right now would be Michigan, but I am not really sure.

Corey Phillips- This will come down to us and ISU. Iowa likely wants him at DE and I’m not sure if ISU will offer. I personally like him a lot on the
D-line.

Dominic Wiseman- we need to offer and do it right now. This kid is a monster. His brother is currently at ISU so I have a feeling that could sway him one way or the other. I really badly want him.

Jahsiah Galven- If Iowa offers, he’s ours. He currently has one from Nebby.

Trey Porter- don’t know too much yet on him, going to have to do some more research

This is what I’ve got so far, I will update eventually.

Good post.
My thoughts
Nwankpa agree but if he stays in-state it's Iowa
Deyo he's a Hawk. I'm a little worried about Mizzou or a blue blood coming in
Raridon and Burkle I have no idea on Raridon but my guess is they don't offer Burkle
Spruceton Buddenhagen I want bad and you're right if Iowa offers
Will McLaughlin after his junior year, I don't think the coaches are that interested anymore, it's ISU
Jaxson Dailey Iowa passes and I don't think that Michigan offer is a committable one
Corey Phillips I have no idea but what's the deal here? ISU offers anything that moves
Dominic Wiseman I wish Iowa would offer but probably ISU for him if they offer because of brother
Jasiah Galvan agree. What are we waiting for?
Trey Porter agree but love his size and his vid
Kale Krogh a nice ot from Ballard I think. I think ISU is close to offering
Kayson Van Nugt(sp?) rangy kid from NW Iowa. Iowa likes and the Bison are on him big time

So we have a great WR class in 2021 and have offered 10 WR’s in 2022, struck out on RB in 2021 and only offered 3 RB’s so far in 2022 1 of which is already committed elsewhere?

So we have a great WR class in 2021 and have offered 10 WR’s in 2022, struck out on RB in 2021 and only offered 3 RB’s so far in 2022 1 of which is already committed elsewhere?
We put all our eggs in the basket for Arlen Harris, he ended up at Stanford. At least this time we have an opportunity to find others rather quickly.

So I was doing some poking around and I’ve got my predictions for the in-state class done and ready to go.

Nwankpa- He will be going out of state to a blue blood. I can’t see him staying here and it would be a miracle if he did.

Hunter Deyo- Iowa fan and loves Ferentz/Parker=Hawkeyes

Eli Raridon and Gabe Burkle- these guys are the top TE’s in the state currently. Iowa will get one and ISU will get the other. I’d say Burkle is likely the one Iowa will get, but we are also in a great spot for Raridon. I personally like Burkle more.

Spruceton Buddenhagen- Really nice looking tackle and he is an Iowa fan. Should we offer, it’s very likely an insta-commit.

Will McLaughlin- grew up a clone and it sounds like that’s the direction he’s headed. Hope the staff can do some work to flip him.

Jaxon Dailey- I have no clue what he’s going to do. My guess right now would be Michigan, but I am not really sure.

Corey Phillips- This will come down to us and ISU. Iowa likely wants him at DE and I’m not sure if ISU will offer. I personally like him a lot on the
D-line.

Dominic Wiseman- we need to offer and do it right now. This kid is a monster. His brother is currently at ISU so I have a feeling that could sway him one way or the other. I really badly want him.

Jahsiah Galven- If Iowa offers, he’s ours. He currently has one from Nebby.

Trey Porter- don’t know too much yet on him, going to have to do some more research

This is what I’ve got so far, I will update eventually.
My cousin told me the other day Iowa isn't in Nwampka top 5 right now so it's looking like OSU or someone like that for him.
However the Hawks are still sitting good with Proctor and like our chances there.
My cousin has never said anything about Dailey. I'll ask about him.

So our new offer in that class is a guy on the east coast we probably have no shot at. If you have Iowa's approach figured out let me know.
It's not really hard. Iowa evaluates film and sends out "feelers" about a prospect ... and then initiates communication with the said recruit. Heck, sometimes the player's coach and/or family explicitly sends Iowa the kid's tape (because they figure there is some sort of "fit"). Anyhow, should the kid indicate that there is some sort of reciprocal interest ... then the Hawks continue recruiting the kid. Pretty simple. Ultimately, if they (the coaches) feel like the kid checks all of their requisite boxes in terms of tangibles and intangibles ... then they also float an offer to the kid.

Sometimes a kid's offer list "blows-up" ... and the kid quits reciprocating interest and/or communication with the Iowa coaches. It's at that point that the coaches probably determine to "cut bait." However, early on ... there's often still the vibe that they have a shot.

So our new offer in that class is a guy on the east coast we probably have no shot at. If you have Iowa's approach figured out let me know.
I assume Iowa doesn’t think he is a lock to Notre Dame? Maybe Iowa has a connection to him, his school, or his coach?
I’ve never gotten sense that they pay too close attention to the competition.

Iowa’s approach is very easy to decipher. They like to have a connection of some sort, and a kid that they think fits into what they do. If that checks out, and the kid doesn’t say, or doesn’t suggest he has no interest and isn’t a $hithead, he gets an offer.

The kid actually said that he thinks Iowa is a good fit for him because of the offense and likes how they use the QB. I am guessing O'Keefe has some connections here. I don't think they would have offered if there was zero interest.

Never said we had no shot. As of right now, Notre Dame is the leader.

Never said you did...I did. I will be happy to it crow in the event he signs with Iowa. I just like throwing my hat in the ring earlier with kids. I know Hinzman has said that he loved the fact that Iowa was the first to offer. I know that's not important to all.

Reactions: David1979
Never said you did...I did. I will be happy to it crow in the event he signs with Iowa. I just like throwing my hat in the ring earlier with kids. I know Hinzman has said that he loved the fact that Iowa was the first to offer. I know that's not important to all.
This is the one area I think they need to improve on. Need to be a little more aggressive in offering.

Going to be interesting to see the offers going out in the next few weeks as all their attention now ill be on '22 and maybe small attention to some guys in the transfer portal. Going to be big to finally be able to get kids on campus as well as I see they are talking about ending the dead period for recruiting in April. Also big to be able to have camps again as Iowa generally finds some kids to offer at their camps.

Local kid here in Omaha, tape is good one thing a few friends have said is that he is quite sure of himself and likes to pad his stats, however take it FWIW..appears he can back it up but did hear a few things like he transferred in from another HS and was all about himself and his stats to get to next level. Class B football in Omaha, second highest classification, Skutt is a powerhouse so is a good program he's coming from.

These are the recruits I'm feeling positive about.
Deyo
Raridon
Buddenhagen
Galvan
Micah Riley - don't be hung up on his initial top 8
Caden Crawford
Christion Stokes
Junior Vandeross
Tag Bonnema
Javon Tracy
Nick Herzog

We'll end up with a very good class in 2022. Not sure if we'll get 6-8 4 stars like 2021, depending on the site, but we'll have at least 2-3 4's and several high 3's. I'm sure we'll get a surprise win like we did with Davidkov. Hinzman might be that guy.

Deyo
Raridon
Buddenhagen
Galvan
Caden Crawford
Christion Stokes
Junior Vandeross
Tag Bonnema
Javon Tracy
Nick Herzog

We'll end up with a very good class in 2022. Not sure if we'll get 6-8 4 stars like 2021, depending on the site, but we'll have at least 2-3 4's and several high 3's. I'm sure we'll get a surprise win like we did with Davidkov. Hinzman might be that guy.
That’s about the same as myself currently.

Was just texting a buddy who is well connected to the Omaha football scene and he tells me while a good athlete, at least in the games he watched he's not a very accurate passer and Skutt is his 3rd HS in 2 years. Dad maybe even 'runs' his Twitter account and lots of attitude issues in the family, helicopter Dad at its finest he told me. Be wary, just passing along some info, maybe he's matured. If true, a perfect fit for Frosty...

Was just texting a buddy who is well connected to the Omaha football scene and he tells me while a good athlete, at least in the games he watched he's not a very accurate passer and Skutt is his 3rd HS in 2 years. Dad maybe even 'runs' his Twitter account and lots of attitude issues in the family, helicopter Dad at its finest he told me. Be wary, just passing along some info, maybe he's matured. If true, a perfect fit for Frosty...
Accuracy issues. Ugh.

Deyo
Raridon
Buddenhagen
Galvan
Caden Crawford
Christion Stokes
Junior Vandeross
Tag Bonnema
Javon Tracy
Nick Herzog

Nick Herzog got a Stanford offer recently.

Bringing in Twedt, Sharar, Sullivan, and Harrell in 2021 and you already have Higgins, Campbell, Benson, and Jacobs all of whom have Sophomore or lower eligibility. If Tag commits first, they’d likely shut it down.
Agree... I think we only take one linebacker in 22

Doesn't sound like a good fit for Iowa at this point.

Reactions: BigOHawk
Really depends if it’s attitude issues or swagger. If a guy is confident in his abilities, I wouldn’t be upset with him at all.
Yeah I agree completely. Tate had that...CJB as well and it sounds like Labas might have the confidence too. Not counting Hogan out either. To be honest I like what Padilla could bring but not sure how his ‘swag’ level is. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT