ADVERTISEMENT

***Official Cardinals 2018 Thread***

Every now and then the Cards pull me back from the abyss, and last night was one of those games. I was 100% certain junk baller James was gonna beat StL last night.

Glad to be wrong. Although the Jose Martinez play with Yadi still resonates with me that the guy will continue to cost us regularly.

Great comeback...now, do something with it. Get back on track. Carlos starts tonight against the phenom who ain't been phenomenal.

Last night's game was very frustrating to watch, until the 9th inning. Very concerned with the lack of offense and shoddy defense and base running. Hoping that Martinez shuts down the pale hose this afternoon.

Reactions: JWolf74
The bats are cold to start this game. The Sox pitcher comes in with an era over 7 and yet can muster up 1 hit in 3 innings. Plus Yadi tries to steal third with 1 out, so makes the 2nd out at 3rd.

Yeah 1 hit by the rest of the team...horrible display of hitting against a guy who had an over 7 era
Some credit is due their pitcher, he is young and did have a 2.38 ERA last year. Figured he would have his best stuff of the year so far in today's game. Carpenter, Fowler, and Wong need to get their bats going. Carp came through with a homer last night and Fowler with a 2 run shot today; but their averages are abysmal.

Well...they won today, and Carlos was magnificent again. Thought the pen was gonna blow it but Budweiser Norris came through.

Bud Norris, closer. I gotta admit given how he dominated St. Louis after he came up with the Astros I was "well he's our asshole now" on him. But so far, so good and he's easily the reliever most trusted by Matheny.

Which means he'll get pitched into the ground by Matheny, but I digress :mad:

I'm usually watching the game on DVR, so I just finished today's game. Nice to pull out 2 wins with a grand total of 7 hits over 17 innings or going back to the Pirate loss, 10 hits in our last 26 innings. Wow. Clearly we are saving our bats for the Cubs......:)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand we now have the Cubs this weekend. These series are so damn important. Cubs have not been hitting much lately, and quite frankly neither has St. Louis. I wish we could have gotten Darvish this series.

Quintana - Mikolas = which Quintana shows up (wins only against Milwaukee), does Mikolas continue the remarkable start to the season. Cards tend to not hit lefty soft tossers very well. Might be a pitcher's duel, but I like our chances here.

Chatwood - Weaver = Chatwood has been wildly effective I'll call it, Weaver suddenly looks like he cannot throw strikes and the Cubs have historically crushed him.

Lester - Wacha = ugh.

WOO HOO!

Norris didn't have it, and it appears we've lost Leone for a bit, but it still counts as a win.

Three straight 3-2 wins...weird.

WOO HOO!

Norris didn't have it, and it appears we've lost Leone for a bit, but it still counts as a win.

Three straight 3-2 wins...weird.
I guess right now they are calling it a biceps cramp for Leone. Hopefully that is it and nothing more serious.

Norris was fallible last night. It seemed that every Cub batter squared up on his pitches and hit him hard. Fortunately enough of them hit the ball to a Cardinal defender that we squeaked out a win. Always nice to wake up the next day, knowing that STL beat the Cubbies.

I guess right now they are calling it a biceps cramp for Leone. Hopefully that is it and nothing more serious.

That's an interesting place to get a cramp. I don't really ever remembering that happening to a baseball player before.

Hydrate, Leone. Hydrate.

I can never post in these threads during the games cause I'm always watching DVR'd games. We finally didn't swing at everything and made Quintana go long into the counts. 88 pitches in 4 innings. Couple of nice plays by Ozuna in left too. Day game today, right?

Horesh*t over turn. But Weaver continues his struggles against the Cubs. Hopefully we can find some offense today. That would be nice.

Worried about Weaver...something just ain't right. Curious if he's going through "dead arm" pitchers sometimes go through early in seasons.

I cannot believe we won that game today. Seriously.

WONG!

This'll be one post game I want to watch, cause today's game was a massacre. They're probably chartering a Lear jet from wherever Memphis is right now with The List for tomorrow.

Wonger with the walk off!!!

Man that was satisfying. Especially given the injuries today.

7fK9.gif

Just saw the walkoff. Good for Wong. Happy Cinco de Mayo, El Birdos. Glad they didn't leave Edwards in for another inning.

Evidently Yadi Molina had surgery last night and will be out at least a month.

Considering he took a foul tip to the groin off a 102 mph pitch from Jordan Hicks...I don't even want to know what kind of surgery it was...

OUCH

We will learn a lot about the make up of this team with Yadi out at least a month. Somebody will need to step up to replace their captain.

Yep. Gut check time coming up for certain.

So, Leone replaced by Mayers. Yadi by Carson Kelly. And considering Gant starts tomorrow, another move is coming.

Appears they may wait out Pham and Norris...which to me seems like a bad idea with Pham - this is the second time this has occurred. You got O'Neil and Mercado on the 40 man...use them. I know Pham is your MVP, but you don't mess with your MVP's health and given his injury history, especially Pham's health.

Norris, I realize he's the only closer type they probably have any faith in right now, but you have depth with Brebbia - move Gregerson to closer and get Norris right ASAP. Triceps/forearms usually point to elbow issues - don't mess with it here.

Use the depth you painstakingly built.

14th inning. Ugh.

I'd say Sherriff definitely ain't available, and Matheny doesn't want to use Bowman at all.

I honestly cannot believe they won that game.

The bullpen was friggin' awesome tonight. And very happy for Dexter Fowler there, too. He needed that.

And now i watch the piece on Piscotty and his mom. And suddenly wins/losses mean less.

Whoever cut the huge onion... Stop it.

And now i watch the piece on Piscotty and his mom. And suddenly wins/losses mean less.

Whoever cut the huge onion... Stop it.

I saw that this morning. Gut wrenching.

I lost my mom a couple years ago, and it was a slow slide towards her passing. Got to see it a little at a time every day. It rips your heart out.

I saw that this morning. Gut wrenching.

I lost my mom a couple years ago, and it was a slow slide towards her passing. Got to see it a little at a time every day. It rips your heart out.

Sorry about your mom. Doing what I do, I see the tail end a lot. I don't often get to see the slide up close. It's terrible. I honestly feel more sympathy for the family . Because more often than not, the patient knows what's happening, and they know they'd never want the garbage we can offer.

I told my wife as soon as I entered residency I'd never forgive her if she put my through the nonsense we can offer.

Sorry about your mom. Doing what I do, I see the tail end a lot. I don't often get to see the slide up close. It's terrible. I honestly feel more sympathy for the family . Because more often than not, the patient knows what's happening, and they know they'd never want the garbage we can offer.

I told my wife as soon as I entered residency I'd never forgive her if she put my through the nonsense we can offer.

Yeah. It ain't fun at all. I got to tell my mom she was going to die, and it was her choice how. I got to explain what the doctors were telling her in ways she could accept and understand better I'll call it. Kidneys weren't responding to dialysis, heart failing the root cause...

It's a convo I still haven't recovered from. I've "accepted it as a necessary aspect of being a good son" so to speak.

This is why I believe Mozeliak deserves executive of the year, even if St. Louis lost all 162 games this year. I cannot imagine what it's like, trying to play a very difficult professional sport through it all - and Mo made it happen to where at least Steven could be there for his mom as much as possible.

Piscotty is a guy I'll always root for. Even if he played for the Cubs :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT