ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 Thread 🚽*****

Not that he's an insider to Jed's thinking, but Boog was on the Score this afternoon, and he thinks Bellinger winds up taking a deal with player opt outs from the Cubs. I don't like Dan Bernstine very much, but the discussed "soft collusion", in baseball these days, and how the rise of all the analytics driven GMs are keeping the Boras clients on the shelf for now. The contracts he is demanding do not fit their profile for roster construction.
Boras is counting on that one desperate GM, or stupid owner to outbid themself.

pfffssst, I've been living (mostly dying) as a Cubs fan since birth
Seinfeld Devils GIF

Not that he's an insider to Jed's thinking, but Boog was on the Score this afternoon, and he thinks Bellinger winds up taking a deal with player opt outs from the Cubs. I don't like Dan Bernstine very much, but the discussed "soft collusion", in baseball these days, and how the rise of all the analytics driven GMs are keeping the Boras clients on the shelf for now. The contracts he is demanding do not fit their profile for roster construction.
That’s Boras’s MO all the time and it works out for him and his clients more often than it doesn’t. I tend to agree with Boog. I think the Cubs will get a deal done, but not until they wait out the market as long as Cody is comfortable.

I actually talked about that on my pod today.

I'm fine with the Cubs saying "**** you" to Boros and his clients, he can piss up a rope for all I care. At this point I am of the "it is what it is come hell or high water" type roster. Nothing splashy, probably can make the playoffs, maybe do some adds at the trade deadline.

That said that tightfisted owner Ricketts can piss up a rope as well.

Side note, WTF hasn't my new official licensed Cubs jacket arrived? I ordered it over the weekend, it was processed in some s***hole town called Frazeysburg, OH, (CSB, I have a buddy from there and he says it's a s***hole), It shipped from Grove City, OH, to Toledo, and is now on it's way to Kansas City. I am not some trucking genius, but why not stop along the way and pitch it out the window in Davenport at their giant hub? There wasn't an expedited option, and it might not get here before we go to Arizona. I really wanted to sport that new Cubbie blue jacket at Sloan Park next week.

Side note, WTF hasn't my new official licensed Cubs jacket arrived? I ordered it over the weekend, it was processed in some s***hole town called Frazeysburg, OH, (CSB, I have a buddy from there and he says it's a s***hole), It shipped from Grove City, OH, to Toledo, and is now on it's way to Kansas City. I am not some trucking genius, but why not stop along the way and pitch it out the window in Davenport at their giant hub? There wasn't an expedited option, and it might not get here before we go to Arizona. I really wanted to sport that new Cubbie blue jacket at Sloan Park next week.
They probably realized it’s see-through.

JD asked Carter Hawkins during the game if Lenny Dykstra was a fair comp for PCA.
“Hopefully on the field only”, was Carter’s response. :)
I’ve seen a stupid amount of people freaking out about “bust” if PCA is comped to Kevin Kiermaier, who is a 10+ year MLB player who has never had less than 1.1 fWAR. It’s really, really hard to be a good MLB player for any length of time.

Reactions: fivecardstud14
I thin the Cubs are now the favorites in the Central, but with so many still unsigned, I’m going to wait a couple weeks to make my real prediction.

Still - great deal for Belli. Good for the Cubs and also it gives Belli a chance to show that last year wasn‘t the fluke and eventually get paid.

So, not the 8 years and $200 million Boras was demanding? It doesn't lock in either side for too many years. I have more faith than some in the young outfield talent in the system. Personally I hope Bellinger lasts 2 seasons, but I assume he'll go after this season

Last edited:
Good deal for the Cubs and Cody.

Now I’m feeling greedy and want to see if we can get one of the big free agent pitchers out there? Yes? Please?

Good deal for both sides. I’m sure the team will feel better about a long-term commitment after another really productive year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT