ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Luis Vazquez had better be en route to Atlanta if Hoerner is even slightly questionable for tomorrow. Miles Mastrowhatever cannot play SS.

MIKE F***CKING TAUCHMAN!!!!!!

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Faith Holland

Reactions: darylhawk
Impressive. Very rare do you see a triple to left center.
I was fortunate enough to see Byron Buxton do it in person at a Twins game 2 years ago. The crowd was excited, as they always are for an exciting play like a triple, but I don't think people realized it was a triple to left center and how rare that is. It wasn't some flukey bounce or anything either. Buxton just bolted out of the box and turned what would be a routine double into a triple. It was pretty cool to see.

Here's the Video

Impressive. Very rare do you see a triple to left center.
I was fortunate enough to see Byron Buxton do it in person at a Twins game 2 years ago.
Extremely rate at Wrigley; may have never seen one that didn't involve a funny bounce off the wall or an OF fighting with the ivy. But some ballparks nowadays (like Truist Park and Target Field) have left-center field alleys that are 20 feet or more deeper than at Wrigley (possibly so that LF triples can happen more) (old and new Yankee Stadium are the extreme examples). It was awesome seeing PCA fly around the bases, though. Fastest home-to-third run this season.

Kris Bryant isn’t any better.
Both of their downfalls were pretty easy to predict. You just knew the charm was going to wear off Baez; he wasn't going to be successful with that swing long-term. And even when Bryant was with the Cubs you could tell that he would never fully recover from his concussions and shoulder injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT