ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Cubs 2024 thread*****

Palencia was throwing 100 mph darts. So, yeah, stiff shoulder.
Hopefully he learns location and the ability to thrown non straight darts while he's on the mend.
Getting Bellinger back is huge. PCA needs to go to Des Moines ASAP. I assume he'll go when Suzuki is activated in a few days.

Wicks and Smyly threw BP sessions, too. Getting one or both of them back will be significant. I haven't seen anything about Hendricks in a few days.
Hendricks is starting in Iowa tonight for rehab start #2. I guess they’ll go from there.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
Good deal for the guys in Des Moines. They are going to get some nice meals the next few days with the high dollar guys in town for rehab assignments.

• Love
Reactions: TheCainer
busch beer GIF by Busch

Well, that was nice to walk it off. Good approach by Busch if you paid attention to what he said in the post game interview versus Taylor. Expect fastball, see fastball, hit fastball.
Helluva return for Bellinger. Sucks that Imanaga lost the win, but give credit to Profar. That was not an easy pitch to hit out of the park.

It might be too late for this, but I wonder if putting Busch at 3B, Beli at 1st and Tauchman/PCA at CF would be a good long-term plan? Busch has played 3B more than any other position other than 1B in his career (most during his time with the Dodgers), and after 2 straight seasons of outfield-wall-related IL stints, I wonder if it might be a better idea to put our best hitter at a position where he's not as likely to get hurt. Morel full-time DH, occasionally playing the field. Wisdom and Canario available against tough lefties. Madrigal and Mervis need to be traded yesterday.

Just thinking a bit ahead after a great win.

WOW!! Shota just dealt his way out of a real pickle, that was exacerbated by some crap defense between Amaya and Busch.
And some of you guys wanted Ohtani or Yamamoto... LOL.
Let’s not get too crazy. Ohtani is slugging .696 and has a wRC+ of 217. I’d be pretty happy with that. Love everything about Shōta, though.

Let’s not get too crazy. Ohtani is slugging .696 and has a wRC+ of 217. I’d be pretty happy with that. Love everything about Shōta, though.
Tongue in cheek, and, let's be honest, those guys were never true FAs. They seemingly wasted a lot of team's time by pretending they were actually on the market.

Poor Wilsson ... :( Broken forearm out 6-8 weeks.

I'll always love me some WC. During the rebuild I drove to Davenport to watch Kane County play a game and was impressed how the bat came off of his bat. Of course that was one game in low A, but he rifled the ball into the left center gap once, and I recall thinking to myself he'd make the majors.
Sucks that he's taken a lot of grief from Cardinals fans, who we all know are just the very best, most knowledgeable in the world, who don't understand he can't fix old, bad pitchers all by himself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT