ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL FSU @ gators THREAD!****

oEAkbJz.png
That fourth quarter column is telling.
Not Iowaesque, but purposeful.

...because I never... err rarely troll. Your blitzer clubbed the QB in the face. That's roughing, otherwise a clean hit. I'll be over at the Iowa Championship thread absorbing hits from better trolls than myself. Most will be fellow Hawkeyes, I'm sure...
I didn’t see that as a clubbing, but rather a fairly unintentional brush against the face mask… not that I was close enough to tell. I couldn’t see his head snap back, for instance.
BTW, the call against the Hawks looked wrong. Dude hit the QB cleanly during release is my opinion.

...because I never... err rarely troll. Your blitzer clubbed the QB in the face. That's roughing, otherwise a clean hit. I'll be over at the Iowa Championship thread absorbing hits from better trolls than myself. Most will be fellow Hawkeyes, I'm sure...
Roughing the passer wasn't the call on the field (ball never left qbs hands). Are you claiming it’s targeting? It was a generic personal foul, with no number given with it…which gives you an indication they didn’t know wtf they were doing/calling…or maybe they did, as you can review a targeting call, and not a personal foul. As mentioned, there was incidental contact with hands/arms as they brushed over the face masks (not forceable contact). I challenge you find anyone worthwhile who believes that was a good call.

Last edited:
Ira’s Sunday night show

There is a lot in this that is good. Ira repeated a comment from Norvell that on the last TD when he sent Tate back on the field from the injury tent, he gave him two plays he could use. He said Tate made the correct call at the line and switched us into the running play that resulted in Benson’s third TD run.

Dominic Robinson joined the show about halfway through and was dropping knowledge left and right.

DR said it it incredibly difficult to win 12 games and not have a loss. There are national championship teams that didn’t go 12-0.

DR said that Tate pulled the ball on an early zone read play where Benson had a wide open field in front of him that likely would have been a long TD run

DR said that we will probably get away with Tate’s slow processing of reads vs Louisville but vs a playoff team that, combined with an OL that is inconsistent at run blocking, it will likely come back to haunt us.

He wasn’t being critical of Tate. He mostly praised him. He said coming in off the bench is hard. Tate has now done it twice and won both times. He said making your first start at UF, at night, is insanely difficult. Our best players and Norvell’s play calling made it more difficult early rather than helping him. Despite all of that, he didn’t implode. He played well enough for us to win.

He talked about how we will probably give Tate a small handful of plays that he likes that he can have planned in advance so we can go tempo.

There is a lot more from both Ira and DR. These are just the points that I remember.

Edit to add:

DR said UFelon is not far away from being good. He said they are much more talented than UM. He said their backup qb who played is a lot better than their injured starter. His wife is UFelon grad and his son apparently is going to play baseball there. He said he has watched most of their games this season.

Last edited:
I actually think both roughing calls were reasonable. Fsu player hits the head with his hand. Can't do that.

Iowa player drives the qb in to the ground. Can't do that. I watched this game on tivo so I was expecting a much more egregious call. It wasn't at all.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
I actually think both roughing calls were reasonable. Fsu player hits the head with his hand. Can't do that.

Iowa player drives the qb in to the ground. Can't do that. I watched this game on tivo so I was expecting a much more egregious call. It wasn't at all.
Florida State player wasn’t called for “roughing.”

Florida State player wasn’t called for “roughing.”
Doesn't matter. The penalty was for hitting him in the head. You can call it whatever you want.

I dont think it was a forcible hit. I don't think it was intentional. I don't think it should have been called. But, I can see why they did and it's reasonable.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Doesn't matter. The penalty was for hitting him in the head. You can call it whatever you want.

I dont think it was a forcible hit. I don't think it was intentional. I don't think it should have been called. But, I can see why they did and it's reasonable.
it does matter, and for the items you listed. There are requirements for roughing the passer, and those weren’t met (hit after throw, body slam/full weight, forcible hit to head or neck). You even agree they weren’t met. If that’s forcible contact, then we need to get stop playing this game, because that type of contact happens multiple times in every game played. The refs had time to discuss/collect themselves, and announced PF with no number…sloppy work at best, incompetent being most likely. It’s an assumption it’s the contact to head, because they gave us nothing to go off of.

I can somewhat understand why they threw it, but after a quick review the flag should have been picked up. 4th down and UF is kicking a field goal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT