ADVERTISEMENT

****OFFICIAL FSU @ gators THREAD!****

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
The undefeated Seminoles travel to hogtown today for a showdown in the swamp at 7 p.m. eastern on ESPN.

gators are fighting for a bowl invite, FSU is playing to stay in the playoffs conversation.

Both teams are featuring backup QBs.

On paper, FSU should easily pull away from the gators. Just four teams nationally allow more yards per play (6.67), only three allowed more 30+ yard passing plays (25), and only one team has fewer takeaways (7).

But florida's offense can score. Trevor Etienne is a load (averaging 115 yards per game), and they have some good receivers (Ricky Pearsall had 148 receiving yards and two TDs against FSU last year).

So, I'm thinking this will be too close for comfort for most of the game, but I believe FSU is the stronger, deeper team, and will eventually overpower the lizards.

Weather Report: Cloudy, temps in the mid- to low-60s, 15-20 percent chance of rain, winds ENE around 5 mph.

GO NOLES!

Last edited:
I was looking around for a little light reading and can’t pull it up. Longtime Tallahassee Democrat writer Bill McGrotha penned a great story sometime maybe mid ‘60s titled something like “Origins of Species” that was terrific. It delved into the history of FSU and hogtown over the decades. I believe that Gerald Ensley included it in his book.
It was rerun many times over the years every Saturday morning of game day between the two teams.
If any of you sleuths can find it, please share.
Oh, Go Noles!!!

TATE RODEMAKER | FSU Football on preparing for UF, talking to Jordan Travis, loyalty to Norvell

Reactions: cmanole
DR's film breakdowns are excellent. The first two pass attempts, he makes clear that Tate isn't a one read qb.

One of the heroes of the FSU victory at UFelon 20 years ago, Dominic Robinson, breaks down Tate game film

Tate Rodemaker Film Breakdown | X's and O's with Dominic Robinson

Last edited:
Sounds like Kirk H is calling the game tonight. I know some folks hate on him, but I prefer him to most. And will always like him for the love he shows The Sunshine Scooter.

Plus it means we don't have to listen to RG3 practice his craft on FSU's game.

Gaters have NUTHING to loose.

Seminoles have EVERYTHING to lose.

Sarcastic Season 9 GIF by The Office

Ive tried that before, the delay between the 2 was a bit too much. Might try it again for this game tho.

It's usually a play behind. I have been turning down the tv sound for so many years that I'm used to the delay. It also allows me to crank up the sound when I know a TD is about to happen, or just happened.

Every so often it helps to reload that browser tab with the radio broadcast. For some reason it falls further behind during the game.

Last edited:
Nervous about this one. I know this joyride is going to end soon, but I sure hope we have one more win in us before it does. Would hate for the gators to do it.

A lot of weight on their shoulders but hopefully the JTrav motivational factor has them come out and running on all cylinders for four quarters. I feel this game may be a blow out for the winner with either a fired up FSU that plays to their true level or a FSU and new QB that is so tight we shit the bed.

Nervous about this one. I know this joyride is going to end soon, but I sure hope we have one more win in us before it does. Would hate for the gators to do it.

A lot of weight on their shoulders but hopefully the JTrav motivational factor has them come out and running on all cylinders for four quarters. I feel this game may be a blow out for the winner with either a fired up FSU that plays to their true level or a FSU and new QB that is so tight we shit the bed.
Yeah, this doesn’t set up well for us. I don’t know if you said it or someone else did, but we always seem to make other teams’ subs look like all-pros.

College Football is awesome.
Auburn is beating a much improved Bama team after losing last week as a 20+ something favorite against New Mexico St

Also strange that this is the last 330 Saturday SEC game on CBS

Reactions: The Tradition
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT