ADVERTISEMENT

********Official Illinois vs. Iowa Game Thread********

So, I don't really have a highly modified Delorean in the driveway....it's more of a highly rusted Delorean.

And by Delorean, I mean 1993 Grand Am.....but it is an SE. If that helps.

Again, Gessell literally running into the lane to provide phantom help and giving up a wide open three!

Thank goodness for spring training, at least something to enjoy in Mar. Fran and the Hawks make Mar madness about as enjoyable as watching bowling.

Good gosh now Fran won't play anyone with four fouls with more than 17 seconds left for the rest of the season.

Reactions: bhelm22
Clemmons left him again. Are you kidding me? Guard there best shooter. Don't leave him. That's horrible.

I can't wait to never see Mike leave his man for no reason in order to be the 3rd player providing help on a drive that has already been cut off, leaving his man wide open for a 3. Seriously, what was he doing that last play?

Dorothy's out of the game, now we can rely on the Scarecrow, tin man and the cowardly lion.

They want Illinois to win. Upstart team gets a chance to make an upset, the refs are gonna give those guys the benefit of the doubt. Plus, Illinois is just another lower tier team in late-season try-hard mode and Iowa is obliging them their feel-good victory before they get the sh** beat out of them by Purdue.

Absolutely f***ing stupid.

Yep.

That's why the refs made us have @16 turnovers and 5 airballs.

Reactions: 0418hawkguy1001
Uthoff did not deserve to be saddled with the other 3 seniors. Gesell at least has a job to run the team.. No excuse for Clemmons and Woody to be this bad and play this much today.

I think Jok has done enough today...don't like the T but If we lose, its not on him.

This has been all Iowa in a nutshell. No energy. No emotion. No win.

Illinois got exactly what they wanted. Nunn was an assigned hitman to sacrifice himself just to get Jok out of the game. Thug tactics!

Anybody want to have a party when Woodbury and Clemmons graduate? What a joke. Also, I completely understand that this team would be in worse shape without Gessel. However, they should have a better point guard on the roster. Good riddance to him too. This is an embarrassment. We deserve to be in the 8/9 game though I'd love to fall to 10 or 11 somewhow but it seems more likely we'll be 8/9 in my opinion. 7 if lucky; 6 if miracle (all of this assuming we don't come back and win-----but Jok is on the bench....UGHHHHHH

I don't understand why Fran is so committed to certain guys when they're not getting it done. What's wrong with switching things up and playing a different guy?
I don't think we can handle the answer to that question....there is no better option, Fran see's them all practice and he would know.

Did I come at the wrong time of the thread? I'll find something to bitch about don't worry. Groce called a timeout there, FRAN WOULD NEVER HAVE USED A TIMEOUT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT